Before I start, I want to say that I have done research on this and applied the knowledge I have gained from the research.

I recently got a Z10 on eBay, so I could relive some nostalgia before the servers shut down. It's an STL100-2 model, as I had to find out later.

The phone was fine when I first got it, I was using it for a few hours then I decided to update it to 10.3.3.2137 and that's where the problems started.

As soon as I updated, the phone would reboot every few minutes. There's no consistency it will just reboot when it feels like it, no warnings, just a black screen and the red LED will illuminate followed by the blackberry logo like I just turned it on.

At first, I thought it was the battery, so I first tried the paper trick in case the battery was loose (did this with my Z10 back in 2014), but that didn't work. I then replaced the battery and the issue persisted. I then tried a reset through blackberry link and that didn't work either.

Furthermore, I then tried flashing some STL100-2 autoloaders I found on this forum from people with similar issues, and that didn't work either.

I'm not sure what else to do, as I've already spent a good week on this. I don't want to return it to the seller, as I was the one that technically broke it in the first place.

Any advice would help, thanks.

PS sorry if this doesn't make sense, I have terrible dyslexia, let me know if something needs elaborating more.
    09-28-21 03:51 PM
    Before I start, I want to say that I have done research on this and applied the knowledge I have gained from the research.

I recently got a Z10 on eBay, so I could relive some nostalgia before the servers shut down. It's an STL100-2 model, as I had to find out later.

The phone was fine when I first got it, I was using it for a few hours then I decided to update it to 10.3.3.2137 and that's where the problems started.

As soon as I updated, the phone would reboot every few minutes. There's no consistency it will just reboot when it feels like it, no warnings, just a black screen and the red LED will illuminate followed by the blackberry logo like I just turned it on.

At first, I thought it was the battery, so I first tried the paper trick in case the battery was loose (did this with my Z10 back in 2014), but that didn't work. I then replaced the battery and the issue persisted. I then tried a reset through blackberry link and that didn't work either.

Furthermore, I then tried flashing some STL100-2 autoloaders I found on this forum from people with similar issues, and that didn't work either.

I'm not sure what else to do, as I've already spent a good week on this. I don't want to return it to the seller, as I was the one that technically broke it in the first place.

PS sorry if this doesn't make sense, I have terrible dyslexia, let me know if something needs elaborating more.
    What makes you say you "was the one that technically broke it in the first place. " Not telling us something?

If you have run the correct autoloader and it's doing this.... it broke. You might could try another battery to run that out, but beyond that there shouldn't be an rebooting issue on the Z10 anymore.
    09-29-21 07:09 AM

Just put back the latest autoloader, and then try the folded paper trick in the battery compartment.
    09-29-21 08:42 AM

You wouldn't happen to remember what OS version was on it before you updated?

If it was any 10.3.2 version or older, then I suppose it doesn't matter - now that it has 10.3.3.anything on it, it won't allow an older OS.
    09-29-21 11:32 AM
    What I mean by this is the phone was fully functional, then I updated the OS and now the device is rebooting randomly
    09-29-21 03:13 PM
    What I mean by this is the phone was fully functional, then I updated the OS and now the device is rebooting randomly
    Might be a coincidence. There is no logical reason for this to happen.

Did you try the folded paper trick?
    09-29-21 03:43 PM
    I never used any folded paper trick with my Z10, for sure it was needed with some of my BBOS device...

The pins on the Z10 battery are pretty long and tend to hold the battery well... but if paper was needed, I'd think it would need to be applied on the end to held push help wedge the battery against those pins. Let's face it the Z10 back isn't stiff enough to hold and paper in place....

I'd try a different Autoloader....
    09-29-21 03:54 PM