04-30-13 09:49 PM
65 123
tools
    Certainly hope they sort this out for you...can imagine the feeling, got a new phone and some days later it refuses to work...hang in there...
    04-28-13 11:50 PM
    Hi
    something to try, please. I saw a 'dead' Z10 at Future Shop here in Vancouver. It annoyed me so I hit the power button to get it going. Nothing. It was cabled so it had power. I held the power button down for about 30 seconds - maybe a bit longer - and that was enough to reset it somehow and it worked fine after that.

I am curious - please try that with power attached - 30+ seconds and see what happens.

Good luck!
    04-29-13 12:09 AM
    Have tried holding the power button with it plugged for over a minute. Nothing. No sounds, no LED light nadda! She's Dead Jim! Thanks I will certainly post updates. Later.
    04-29-13 06:22 AM
    Does BB Link/computer recognize it? Tried reloading software? If so, hope you get a replacement asap.
    04-29-13 06:33 AM
    Talked with AT&T and they were great. Should have my new Z10 in 1-2days and since my battery could also be an issue they are sending me a new battery as well!!! Called BlackBerry and the warranty would have been a charge directly through them. Went back to AT&T and they ran through BlackBerry warranty from their end which made everything free. So should be checking back in here on my new Z10 by Wednesday!! Way to go AT&T!!!!!
    kbz1960, pkcable, jdhooghe and 3 others like this.
    04-29-13 09:15 AM
    Talked with AT&T and they were great. Should have my new Z10 in 1-2days and since my battery could also be an issue they are sending me a new battery as well!!! Called BlackBerry and the warranty would have been a charge directly through them. Went back to AT&T and they ran through BlackBerry warranty from their end which made everything free. So should be checking back in here on my new Z10 by Wednesday!! Way to go AT&T!!!!!
    It's almost always best to take warranty issues through the carrier. Once they have satisfied trouble shooting, they will repair or replace the device. Generally in the US they replace.
    manonthemoon likes this.
    04-29-13 09:41 AM
    I have posted in here helping many if you want to look my profile up. I am the owner of the AT&T Fan Page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/attwolfpack or you can see our review at AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Review
    Nothing will get me more heated than to be called a liar. Yes I at least have two other phones as backup including the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Though that being said the Z10 was winning me over. Stuff like this happens with phones. I will get it replace and post here again and continue helping people here in the forums like I have on our Facebook page. Later.
    I may be going out on a limb here, but I don't think that this poster was calling you a liar. I think that he was speaking more of the reaction from the other thread posters. There have been many threads on here where someone posts a problem and immediately the other posters call this person a troll or a paid shill for another platform, especially if the post count is low. I was surprised that there were around 23 responses that were lamenting with you (including about the Cowboys).

My thoughts, I hope that you can get your Z10 repaired or replaced soon. I'm rooting for another multi-platform person!
    04-29-13 03:14 PM
    From my experience with T-Mobile/EE (UK), your ? will be repaired as long as you are under contract.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:22 PM
    tell AT&T you demand a replacement Z10 and a free Q10 once they are available to compensate for all the lack of peeking and flowing you had to endure. I couldn't even fathom the desolation you have experienced.
    I've been there so I know...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...u-soon-754680/
    ddlax22 and manonthemoon like this.
    04-29-13 03:27 PM
    Have tried holding the power button with it plugged for over a minute. Nothing. No sounds, no LED light nadda! She's Dead Jim! Thanks I will certainly post updates. Later.
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    04-29-13 03:48 PM
    That's great. Disregard my previous post.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    manonthemoon likes this.
    04-29-13 03:49 PM
    I found this thread today because I also woke up with a dead Z10.
    I went to T-Mobile (US) and a replacement is being sent to me overnight.

My dead Z10 is only 3 weeks old.

I am hopeful I get a new Z10 as replacement and not a refurb. Also not pleased I have to pay $20.00 for shipping but hey, I need my phone ASAP
    04-29-13 03:51 PM
    For me, AsianGloBo's profile pic sums up my emotions. RIP BBZ10
    04-29-13 03:51 PM
    Sucks, hope you get it sorted :/

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 03:54 PM
    My BlackBerry Z10 woke me up this AM. That was it. It won't power on with or without charging cord. Nothing. No LED light indicating it is charging. Back don't even feel warm. I was over the 14 days for a return to AT&T and in fact it was March 28 when I bought it. Took it to AT&T and we tried a different battery. The top 1/3 of the screen got warm but that was it. Contacting BlackBerry warranty tomorrow. Hopefully warranty is expedited soon. Damn!!
    Manonthemoon, you have probably already tried this, however may i suggest reloading the software? It may be a screen issue which I would think would have nothing to do with software but I had the same problem with me playbook. It took a few attempts but eventually the software took and it has been fine ever since. At the end of the day it cannot hurt trying.

Best of luck hope it is fixed or sorted/replaced soon.

All the Best

CO
    04-29-13 04:42 PM
    Poor guy. If go ballistic if my Z10 died. But I guess I would just be an unhappy dude in general having to be a cowgirls fan.

In all seriousness I hope it gets sorted out for you soon, and go birds.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    manonthemoon likes this.
    04-29-13 04:45 PM
    My BlackBerry Z10 woke me up this AM. That was it. It won't power on with or without charging cord. Nothing. No LED light indicating it is charging. Back don't even feel warm. I was over the 14 days for a return to AT&T and in fact it was March 28 when I bought it. Took it to AT&T and we tried a different battery. The top 1/3 of the screen got warm but that was it. Contacting BlackBerry warranty tomorrow. Hopefully warranty is expedited soon. Damn!!
    I would like to suggest one moment of silence.

Ok, the only upsetting thing is that after 14 days, you are about to exchange your brand new phone for a refurbished one. For me it is a big issue.
    04-29-13 05:37 PM
    1 min of silence for that z10 RIP

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:01 PM
    Battery short? Maybe?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:26 PM
    Surprised so many seem to be taking this guy's post at face value.
    Unfortunately the reliability of my Z10 leads me to believe that there is something wrong with at east some Z10. I think many units are making it through the quality control that really should not. I would not be surprised if mine just died about now. At least kicked of one of its random restart events...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:43 PM
    Blame it on Samsung. Not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:25 PM
    An Update and reply to some suggestions. Computer did not even recognize that the Z10 was plugged in so no dice on reloading the software. All a bunch of good suggestions. My new/refurbished Z10 will be here tomorrow by 3PM along with a new battery!! No shipping charges from AT&T!! The only thing different I did to the Z10 the night before was I downloaded and installed the Keeper Password & Data Vault from BlackBerry World. The app worked perfectly and caused no problems the rest of the evening. I can't imagine a app doing something as damaging as that. What do you all think?
    04-29-13 08:26 PM
    Big bummer. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:30 PM
    Please keep us posted on the development of this tragedy.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:48 PM
    My Z10 went into a coma for about 15 minutes today, I thought it was dead. One of the many times that I pulled and replaced the battery finally brought it back to life.
    04-29-13 08:59 PM
65 123