Oh another note of good customer care also came from @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter who responded as well this AM to my questions yesterday. Though I had resolved the issue with AT&T's help it was good to see follow up to my inquiry to them.
    04-29-13 09:02 PM
    Sorry to hear that .

Just earlier I switched off my Z10 to swap batteries and when I did I got this red battery icon with an exclamation point... I guess it wasn't recognizing the battery, which was fully charged btw. Anyway, to say that I was freaking out about it is putting it lightly.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:05 PM
    I'm sorry for your loss let's have a moment of silence please
    BlackBerry should fix it with no problems since it sound like a defect only problem is you'll be out of a device for 2-3 weeks while BlackBerry fixed it.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-29-13 09:28 PM
    An Update and reply to some suggestions. Computer did not even recognize that the Z10 was plugged in so no dice on reloading the software. All a bunch of good suggestions. My new/refurbished Z10 will be here tomorrow by 3PM along with a new battery!! No shipping charges from AT&T!! The only thing different I did to the Z10 the night before was I downloaded and installed the Keeper Password & Data Vault from BlackBerry World. The app worked perfectly and caused no problems the rest of the evening. I can't imagine a app doing something as damaging as that. What do you all think?
    I think it caught a deadly virus from your other phones...you should really get rid of them.

Posted via CB10
    manonthemoon and John Pawling like this.
    04-29-13 10:54 PM
    Sounds exactly similar to the problem I had. I have sent mine away and it is on its way back today. The technicians report just states that there was no power and have issued a replacement device. I hope this fault is not going to become a trend with this handset especially after short spaces of time but as people have said before these things could happen on any brand of handset. Hope you get your replacement soon cos I sure have missed mine!
    04-30-13 06:26 AM
    I have posted in here helping many if you want to look my profile up. I am the owner of the AT&T Fan Page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/attwolfpack or you can see our review at AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Review
    Nothing will get me more heated than to be called a liar. Yes I at least have two other phones as backup including the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Though that being said the Z10 was winning me over. Stuff like this happens with phones. I will get it replace and post here again and continue helping people here in the forums like I have on our Facebook page. Later.
    I am sorry to hear about what happened to your Z10. Hopefully you will get a replacement. Please let us know when you get this issue resolved.

PS. Ignore those fools who are implying that you are lying.

Edit: I just saw your update and I am happy that AT & T stepped up to the plate and will get you a new phone in a couple of days. And I am also pleased that BlackBerry is following up with you as well. It shows that they really care.
    manonthemoon likes this.
    04-30-13 08:04 AM
    Yes, these things happen, albeit very, very rare on a phone model that wants to have a future. Warranty replacement is mandatory, so free swap period may have ended, but you will get your refurbished replacement.

Any drops or other accidental mishandling (you care to admit)?! I hate to think that this is a real quality control, or engineering, flaw. Nevertheless, I admit that insurance on most merchandise is one of the biggest scams going... Yet for a $500. phone, coverage--especially for years 2-3--covers a lot of sins--both mfr and user originated.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 06-10-13 at 01:03 PM.
    04-30-13 09:28 AM
    At least the Z10 made a final attempt in its life to not fail you by waking you up. Lol

Hope you get a quick replacement.

Posted from the beyond...
    04-30-13 09:41 AM
    OP.

Assume you received your replacement phone today?
    Was it new or refurb?

My phone comes in from T-Mobile Wednesday and they think it will be new as they don't have enough phones returned yet to be refurb'd and mailed out as warranty replacements.

Hope thats the case as I paid for the phone in full upfront and it was only 3 weeks old.
    04-30-13 04:59 PM
    I find it hard to understand that there is a supply of refurbished Zed10s. Aren't they all sold? ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    04-30-13 05:26 PM
    If you can't wait ill sell you my duplicate with overnight shipping

Kah
    04-30-13 05:29 PM
    Mine did exactly the same thing, blackberry stood behind it and replaced my z19. They would not tell me what happened to it though.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 06:22 PM
    what AT&T doesn't return defective hardware? thats pretty dumb
    04-30-13 08:08 PM
    Yes, these things happen, albeit very, very rare on a phone model that wants to have a future. Warranty replacement is mandatory, so free swap period may have ended, but you will get your refurbished replacement.

Any drops or other accidental mishandling (you care to admit)?! I hate to think that this is a real quality control, or engineering, flaw. Nevertheless, I admit that insurance on most merchandise is one of the biggest scams going... Yet for a $500. phone coverage especially for yrs 2-3 covers a lot of sins--both mfr and user originated.

Posted via CB10
    No drops of the previous Z10! On my new/refurbished, I can't tell. I have set a reminder for syncing every Friday night! Arghh! Hadn't synced since 4/11. :-/. So back to setting it up the way I had it before! Here is a picture of the packaging and contents of replacement Z10! I'm Back Baby!!!! *https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJIu06XCEAANd1i.jpg:large

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 08:58 PM
    Nice to hear that AT&T AE replacing the device.
    04-30-13 09:49 PM
65 123