From yesterday my phone got automatically off then connected phone to changer then after 5 min the phone booted automatically then after I tried to call again the phone got switched off then after changing I used my phone by offing all connections it worked. The problem is when I call or messages receive the. Phone gets switched off.
    Please help because I just got the phone week a go.
    Thanks please give solution.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:38 AM
    You facing worst problem than mine. Mine was shutdown twice. But not so serious like yours. Maybe you should contact the seller

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:55 AM
    Please any tips to solve the problem

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 02:35 AM
    Give the forums a search. This is a bug with almost all STL100-1 who has done overnight charging or something. It's a battery calibration issue. A few solutions are posted in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-873604/

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam likes this.
    05-31-14 03:54 AM
    Should I charge the device for a day

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 03:58 AM
    Really thanks now phone is working

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 04:02 AM
    From yesterday my phone got automatically off then connected phone to changer then after 5 min the phone booted automatically then after I tried to call again the phone got switched off then after changing I used my phone by offing all connections it worked. The problem is when I call or messages receive the. Phone gets switched off.
    Please help because I just got the phone week a go.
    Thanks please give solution.

Posted via CB10
    Did you by it new or 2nd hand?
    What is the model no?
    What OS are you running?
    Have you checked that your USB cable is functioning properly?
    Have you checked that the device is actually charged?
    Have you tried leaving the battery out for like 10 mins and then putting it back in?
    Are you running any apps?
    Are you running off a fresh install?
    You'll have to provide some more information to get better assistance

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-31-14 06:42 AM
    Funnily enough, no such information is needed for this issue. Because almost all STL100-1 phones are having this. It's a battery calibration issue. Shimming a business card in between to keep the battery contacts tight helps.

Did you by it new or 2nd hand?
    What is the model no?
    What OS are you running?
    Have you checked that your USB cable is functioning properly?
    Have you checked that the device is actually charged?
    Have you tried leaving the battery out for like 10 mins and then putting it back in?
    Are you running any apps?
    Are you running off a fresh install?
    You'll have to provide some more information to get better assistance

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 11:04 AM
    Funnily enough, no such information is needed for this issue. Because almost all STL100-1 phones are having this. It's a battery calibration issue. Shimming a business card in between to keep the battery contacts tight helps.

Posted via CB10
    Well obviously not all of them. Since I have had an STL100-1 since launch and I'm not experiencing that. Also everyone I know with a Z10 has an STL100-1 because Africa is one of the markets that this model was targeted towards and they don't waste a second letting me know if they having issues.
    The battery calibration issue is to do with the battery % being displayed incorrectly ie. the device being fully charged but only shows a charge to 98% or something like that. Shimming in a business card is for a loose connection, often when you are seeing things like random reboots.

The last person whose device I fixed that was having a similar issue, had to do with a damaged USB cable not charging a device properly and through a pc instead of a wall socket

Last edited by MiSsY_; 05-31-14 at 12:36 PM.
    05-31-14 12:25 PM
    Well, it's interesting that you didn't come across this issue at all given that you have access to a lot of people with the STL100-1. Maybe this issue is with a particular batch of phones or so. But there are n number of threads started for this same issue. Do check them and come up with a solution. A Lot of us will be grateful.

Well obviously not all of them. Since I have had an STL100-1 since launch and I'm not experiencing that. Also everyone I know with a Z10 has an STL100-1 because Africa is one of the markets that this model was targeted towards and they don't waste a second letting me know if they having issues.
    The battery calibration issue is to do with the battery % being displayed incorrectly ie. the device being fully charged but only shows a charge to 98% or something like that. Shimming in a business card is for a loose connection, often when you are seeing things like random reboots.

The last person whose device I fixed that was having a similar issue, had to do with a damaged USB cable not charging a device properly and through a pc instead of a wall socket

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 03:43 PM
    Again got the same problem

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:36 AM