So far, after about 6 weeks-
    The only thing I have disliked so far (besides the minor little bugs on a new software/ platform)-- is this "open frames" stuff. After 6 years with various BB's, I knew I could just grab it from the charger in the morning and my weather would be there, during the day my stocks app would be faithfully running and updating in the background, and at night I would get push notifications of all my MLB (Baseball) games, updated throughout the evening, as well as other "background" apps, which escape me at the moment.
    Now, I HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TURN THE D**M APPS ON EVERY MORNING.....and how often I forget after 6 years of not having to "think" about it. Then, you have all the little thumbnail frames open all over your homescreen. This is something that needs to be fixed-- I'm just wondering if it is a problem to implement due to some type of OS restrictions? Otherwise, it would seem silly not to have this working at release.
    05-06-13 08:29 AM
    I have to say, once the API is released then the Active Frame thing will go away...
    05-06-13 08:43 AM
    I agree to some extent. Some things should run until I tell it not to. Closing it should not mean killing it. Like the music player. This is a step back imo.
    I don't think this is a limitation of the OS. I think it just needs to mature and be optimized. A brand new OS is not quite optimized.
    I am not sure how I feel about the whole active frames. I don't fine it very useful just yet but it doesn't bother me.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:45 AM
    I agree to some extent. Some things should run until I tell it not to. Closing it should not mean killing it. Like the music player. This is a step back imo.
    I don't think this is a limitation of the OS. I think it just needs to mature and be optimized. A brand new OS is not quite optimized.
    I am not sure how I feel about the whole active frames. I don't fine it very useful just yet but it doesn't bother me.

Posted via CB10
    That's the main issue. When an app is opened, it shouldn't have to STAY open to run. I mean, every time I even want to check the weather, I have to swipe to the screen, open the app, etc. I used to get push weather bulletins as well. Down here in S. Florida, it is not unusual to get an average of two major lightning/ flooding/ high wind warnings a week in the rainy season. Doesn't do me any good if I don't have the app open! Also, with the occasional reboot either random or intentional, I need to open all those frames AGAIN-
    Hopefully this is not a limitation that will be difficult to fix.
    05-06-13 11:42 AM