I've had this phone for 2 weeks now and I am enjoying it, although these past few days the battery has been awful. I'd go to bed with around 70% and wake up with it dead.

Today has been the worst though.
    I fully charged my phone before work around half 1, started work at 2 and since then had my phone in my jacket pocket on silent and hadn't touched it at all until 6 when I looked and the battery was dead. So from 100% to dead in less than 4 hours.
    Surely I must of gotten a bad batterry?
    I love this phone but it's hard to love when it's always dead.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 12:37 PM
    This is getting beyond a joke now, my battery will not last any more from 2-3 hours from full charge.

I am not a heavy user whatsoever, I'm a very light user who only checks my phone when I have a bbm or text etc.

This has only been an issue this past 5 days or so, and i don't fancy buying a new battery to find out that it's a software or even hardware issue.

The phone will begin to get crazy hot too.

And the thing is, I have not changed a thing on my phone in the past week or more, so my battery went from being fine to horrible on the same settings, same amount of apps, same setup same everything.

I also always close tabs as soon as I'm done with them.

I am not whining because it is only an 1800mah battery, I'm whining because I can't get 3 hours charge out of it, so I'm hoping some people here will send me some advice on the situation.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:30 AM
    Do you have any instant messaging apps logging on automatically, Like Skype, etc?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:40 AM
    I have Skype and I have auto sign in but I haven't opened that app since it came out.

I also have Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and instagram.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:52 AM
    Reset the phone. It isn't an issue with apps or anything. The software is causing it to drain. Something is being used more then it should be.

A battery pull should fix it. Also downgrading to 10.0 from a leak if you are using one should fix it also
    05-31-13 02:55 AM
    I have the same issue since 10.1. Had to use pay phones twice this week lol! Battery lasts about 3 hours. Hub also white (not loading) for 11 minutes before anything shows when unlocking. Sigh. I even have a smart case but all night charging then all day I have the phone on USB charge at work. Still, even with this, battery is usually dead by dinner time.

No apps at all, I already reloaded the os. I use email and phone. This is very disappointing.
    05-31-13 03:01 AM
    If it isn't the software and you have been trying, then you got a phone with faulty wiring unfortunately. How long have you guys had the phones for?

The official 10.1 should help everyone out a lot
    05-31-13 03:17 AM
    Reset the phone. It isn't an issue with apps or anything. The software is causing it to drain. Something is being used more then it should be.

A battery pull should fix it. Also downgrading to 10.0 from a leak if you are using one should fix it also
    Would the battery dying and phone turning off completely not be the same as restarting the phone?
    Either way I'll try that now.
    And I don't run leaks, I'm on 10.1 since it came out.

@apeterson93 I had the phone since the 6th of may roughly, just under a month. The phone has been fine up until this last week.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:18 AM
    If it isn't the software and you have been trying, then you got a phone with faulty wiring unfortunately. How long have you guys had the phones for?

The official 10.1 should help everyone out a lot
    I got the phone 1 week after Rogers Canadian release. Battery lasted about 10 hours before 10.1. Now about 3-4 hrs.
    05-31-13 03:23 AM
    Would the battery dying and phone turning off completely not be the same as restarting the phone?
    Either way I'll try that now.
    And I don't run leaks, I'm on 10.1 since it came out.

@apeterson93 I had the phone since the 6th of may roughly, just under a month. The phone has been fine up until this last week.

Would fetching emails run down the battery? Because I set push off and the fetch time to manual but my emails still come through Automatically which shows that feature doesn't work lol

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:24 AM
    I have all of the same settings as you.

Honestly, I think reverting to 10.0 from 10.1 will help your battery. It sounds like both of your phones are caught in a loop of some sort caused by the software. A battery pull and security wipe might fix it but it isn't guaranteed. I'm sorry about the battery life issue!

Wish I could be of more help...
    05-31-13 03:32 AM
    Deactivate auto login for Skype too, it wouldn't be bad...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 04:36 AM
    Does disabling Data Services help to increase battery time?
    05-31-13 05:15 AM
    Does disabling Data Services help to increase battery time?
    I would say that it would help, but is data services not my 3G and network etc?
    Would I not need to keep it on?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 05:29 AM
    Disabling data? I guess keeping the phone off would save battery too. That's not really a solution..

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 10:38 AM
    I have performed the battery pull and it did not work,i had to turn my phone off during work just so I would have it alive when I finished.

This is really making me want to trade my phone for a different one, iPhone 5 or HTC one possibly.
    Are these phones all equal prices so that I could trade one for another?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:08 AM