I know a lot of you guys have been having huge complaints about the battery life of the z10. I'd just like to let you now that I actually took the advice of the early battery post, conditioned the battery instead of immediately taking it back to the store. I was charging my z10 three time a day at first, but now it lasts me a full day no prob. And I am what you would an "Addict and don't care user " cause I leave my brightness on 100 with Wifi and Bluetooth always on. I like things to connect automatically. So don't give up it'll you have bad battery life at first. Just keep moving. (see what I did there?)
    My amazing battery life.-img_00000027.png

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and knighty2112 like this.
    04-03-13 10:10 AM
    Very nice!
    04-03-13 10:33 AM
    What did you do to condition your battery?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:36 AM
    What exactly do you mean about conditioning battery? What did you do to get a full day battery? I currently charge 2 times a day beside the overnight charge.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:38 AM
    Yes, my battery life has taken a leap upwards after the last small update. Before bl was all over the place, sometimes lasting 6 hours, other times almost 12. With brightness at 20% and moderate use I am now getting 12+ hours out of it. Will have to kick up my usage and see how it goes. I'm happy with it now though!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:40 AM
    I have had My Z10 since Friday Night (3/29) and it has been ok. I never disconnect from LTE and use wifi only at home. Love the unlimited data on Verizon.
    04-03-13 10:40 AM
    Z10's battery life is great. You just have to a little patient at first.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:42 AM
    Yep. Give the battery a good few weeks to settle in and you will reap the benefits eventually. Get a days worth of use out of my Z10 each and every day now. Charge it overnight and it's good to go the whole day the next day.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    04-03-13 11:31 AM
    I almost hate to post this but I'm having trouble getting my battery to fully discharge so I can condition it. I charged it to full Sunday night, used it Monday 7 am till 11pm , phone off, On 7am Tuesday and it took forever to kill it Tuesday night. I had it at 3% finally so I started playing music, left the flash light app on and was surfing the inter tubes. It took another 15 minutes to get it to zero, I turned everything off thinking it will die soon, took another 45 mins on standby before it died. I'm using all factory settings for brightness and leaving 4g on, I only use BT and Wifi when I need it.

I charged it too full last night and here is coming up on noon and i'm 93%. This is the best phone I've ever owned, I've even got my office manager thinking of switching from an iphone to it.

My biggest complaint right now is the lack of two way sync to outlook (using desktop software). That was BB bread and butter, I still cannot believed they released it without that working.
    04-03-13 11:41 AM
    I know a lot of you guys have been having huge complaints about the battery life of the z10. I'd just like to let you now that I actually took the advice of the early battery post, conditioned the battery instead of immediately taking it back to the store. I was charging my z10 three time a day at first, but now it lasts me a full day no prob. And I am what you would an "Addict and don't care user " cause I leave my brightness on 100 with Wifi and Bluetooth always on. I like things to connect automatically. So don't give up it'll you have bad battery life at first. Just keep moving. (see what I did there?)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000027.png 
Views:	1485 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	146982

Posted via CB10
    What applications do you have running with such usage? What are your brightness settings, connectivity etc.
    04-03-13 11:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000027.png 
Views:	1485 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	146982

Posted via CB10
    What's conditioning?
    What's the app that's used in the snapshot you attached?

CB10 is a fantastic experience!
    04-03-13 12:20 PM
    Conditioning is where you charge the battery to full, preferable overnight and then not charge it again until it dies. There are some people (myself included) that feel if you do this new batteries will last longer, have better charges, and the indicators are more accurate.

My torch battery was the original and I still could get 2 plus days out of charge on it.
    04-03-13 01:33 PM
    I too would like the name of that app. This BatteryXL I found is a kinda junky Android port and just doesn't really do that much.
    04-03-13 01:58 PM
    Looks like battery guru. Awesome app.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 02:01 PM
    The app is Battery Guru
    04-03-13 02:02 PM
    I agree with everyone saying give it a week or 2 to reach it's full potential. Today, off the charger at 9:40am, and I'm currently sitting at 76% at 4:02pm. Though for some reason, I noticed my battery drain is way less when I'm in NY connected to LTE as opposed to when I'm home in PA connected to 4G. Could my phone possibly be looking for an LTE signal (even though there is none) when I'm in PA?
    04-03-13 03:03 PM
    I wish my conditioning worked as well as yours.
    04-03-13 03:22 PM
    What applications do you have running with such usage? What are your brightness settings, connectivity etc.
    Sorry it took so long for me to reply guys...I'm military and we had a briefing. By conditioning I mean from first use of battery letting it drain all the way till it powers down, and then charging it all the way to full. Did it ten times. I keep my brightness on 100. I use what's app to talk to family and play games like super hexagon, etc. Not a heavy gamer but about three times a day. I'm on Verizon LTE.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:31 PM
    What's conditioning?
    What's the app that's used in the snapshot you attached?

CB10 is a fantastic experience!
    Battery Guru is the name of that app. Once you open it you have to give it about 30 second to refresh and repopulate the data but after that it is pretty accurate.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:33 PM
    I agree with everyone saying give it a week or 2 to reach it's full potential. Today, off the charger at 9:40am, and I'm currently sitting at 76% at 4:02pm. Though for some reason, I noticed my battery drain is way less when I'm in NY connected to LTE as opposed to when I'm home in PA connected to 4G. Could my phone possibly be looking for an LTE signal (even though there is none) when I'm in PA?
    Yeah I've heard a lot of reports saying that the US variants constantly searching for an LTE signal can have a negative effect on battery life.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:43 PM
    Thanks for the explanations. I ll try it out. Hopefully works.

Regards,
    04-04-13 01:48 AM