Mute keyboard when dialing I found no setting that does this. if there is where is it.
    09-09-13 07:08 AM
    If you use the silent profile, the dialing pad goes mutey-mute

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-09-13 07:11 AM
    What this guy said ^
    Besides that, I did not find an option

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:19 AM
    Vibrate profile works also.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:46 AM
    Mute keyboard when dialing I found no setting that does this. if there is where is it.
    Swipe down from the top bezel and tap Settings->Language and Input. Scroll down that page to Text Input and then tap FeedBack. You adjust the volume there.

HTH.
    yeosy1962 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:01 AM
    Swipe down from the top bezel and tap Settings->Language and Input. Scroll down that page to Text Input and then tap FeedBack. You adjust the volume there.

HTH.
    That works for everything except the phone dial pad. I have that feedback setting on zero already. Phone dial pad still broadcasts tones unless phone profile is set to silent or vibrate.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:26 AM
    That works for everything except the phone dial pad. I have that feedback setting on zero already. Phone dial pad still broadcasts tones unless phone profile is set to silent or vibrate.
    You're correct! My bad. I didn't really pay attention to the dialing part.
    I believe only contacts can be dialed silently if the contact is highlighted and then initiate the call.
    It seems the only way to do this as per request has already been mentioned by yourself and others.
    Silent or Vibrate profile.
    How to mute Dial Pad keys when making a phone call - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    09-09-13 08:40 AM

HTH.
    that did not work
    09-09-13 08:50 AM
    this is ridiculous, set phone to vibrate to silence keypad when dialing, what was Blackberry thinking. that is a rhetorical question.

Thanks guys for the help
    yeosy1962 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:56 AM
    that did not work
    Yes. I realize that. I just mentioned that in the post just before yours.
    I agree there should be an option for this.
    I really wish I could do more to help with this issue.
    Apologies.
    09-09-13 09:00 AM
    this is ridiculous, set phone to vibrate to silence keypad when dialing, what was Blackberry thinking. that is a rhetorical question.

Thanks guys for the help
    Well, what's the problem with hearing the tones? If you are in a situation where you don't want anyone to hear what you are doing, you are probably going to have the phone set to vibrate or silent anyway, aren't you?

Posted via CB10
    vgorous likes this.
    09-09-13 10:36 AM
    Well, what's the problem with hearing the tones? If you are in a situation where you don't want anyone to hear what you are doing, you are probably going to have the phone set to vibrate or silent anyway, aren't you?

Posted via CB10
    *facepalm*

What's the problem with being able to silence the keyboard? I'm never in a situation where I want/need the keyboard to provide an audible or tactile confirmation of the fact that I touched the keyboard, regardless of the profile I've selected.

Put a selection in settings and I'll make the decision on what is acceptable for me.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and newcollector like this.
    09-09-13 10:56 AM
    Wow am I surprised at some of these responses. The issue is we should have the option to mute and or set volume for the phone dial pad....period.
    09-09-13 02:34 PM
    Wow. Let's just have 20 pages of settings, just for those that want everything right now....exclamation point

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 03:37 PM
    Again wow at these responses to a reasonable suggestion
    09-09-13 08:20 PM
    Got it,thank you.

Shanghai china/singapore
    09-10-13 02:28 AM
    Agreed. This is an option that should be available for Blackberry 10. I'm sure this can be done easily in the next BB10 update.
    04-09-14 06:57 AM
    Do you know if this has been resolved, I still don't see an option for this even after the latest 10 update.
    04-09-14 07:17 AM
    Do you know if this has been resolved? I still don't see an option for this even after the latest 10 update
    04-09-14 07:18 AM
    It would be nice to have an option. Doesn't really bother me as when I don't want the tone I'm somewhere where my phone is already on vibrate only.
    04-09-14 07:20 AM
    Wow am I surprised at some of these responses. The issue is we should have the option to mute and or set volume for the phone dial pad....period.
    Have you contacted anyone at BlackBerry to suggest this?
    Just send them a tweet. They've been listening lately, so it could show up in the next update if they're made aware people want it.

I personally don't see the problem, but I don't dial phone numbers all that much. It seems like a pretty small problem in the grand scheme of things though.
    04-09-14 08:49 AM
    Just send them a tweet. They've been listening lately, so it could show up in the next update if they're made aware people want it.

I personally don't see the problem, but I don't dial phone numbers all that much. It seems like a pretty small problem in the grand scheme of things though.
    Unless you're trying to hide something from someone and forget your phone isn't on silent or vibrate
    04-09-14 08:55 AM
    Wow. Let's just have 20 pages of settings, just for those that want everything right now....exclamation point

Posted via CB10
    judging by your response, your forum name is fitting.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-09-14 09:01 AM

It is really dumb that this isn't included standard on BB10. The whole, "it's a new (immature) OS" argument only goes so far - it's been released for over a year now. It's time to fix all the little nit-picky things like this, the contacts app, the notes app, and the calendar app, so that they all work correctly.

Yes, I've told people at BB. Nothing has changed.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-09-14 09:03 AM
    BlackBerry, just put a option to mute dial pad … how difficult is?
    Some details are a joke in BB10!
    04-30-14 02:34 PM