Hey,

For those of you who use your Z10 for music, I'm interested to hear what you guys use to either sync or backup your songs.

My music collection is currently a mess. Some songs are on my old iPod, some are in iTunes, and some are on the SD card in my Z10. I'm going to take what I want from my iPod and iTunes and copy them to my Z10's card, but am wondering how I can then either sync these songs to a folder or program on my PC, or a cloud service. What do you guys use?

I've been using Amazon Cloud to backup my photos and videos, but it won't backup my music - and the app (Android side load) is kind of flaky anyway.

Basically, I'm looking to use my Z10 and ditch my iPod, and need to sort out how to backup my music either on PC or online. I'm totally open to suggestions anyone may have , including paid services and apps - but not BB Link
    12-07-13 10:28 AM
    I use my Computer as my main source of music. I do not sync - more than once, sync does stuff I abhor! So I manually copy music to/from the computer to whatever device I want it on. If I do grab something on the "portable" device, I attempt to "manually remember" that I've done so and copy that back to the computer. I also use the computer and appropriate apps to add all of the fields that mp3 tagging requires as well as album art.

I've used Media Monkey for some of these functions as it has the ability to sort all tags but the various fields (genre, album, title, artist) and it will sort UNKNOWN for each of those fields if the field is BLANK so I can quickly identify which mp3 file is missing critical data and then add it. I also use mp3 tag and some other similar apps. Again, I do NOT use any of their syncing functions. They don't know if I want the album only on my pc or only on the device and will tend to DELETE one or the other to make them sync.

Media Monkey or similar apps that can find duplicates can also help clean out the extras but this can take a while.

I can't tell you how many "main" copies of all of my mp3's exist on external hard drives, usb drives, etc. It can get out of hand!
    madx80h likes this.
    12-07-13 11:27 AM
    Coming for Itunes I have all my stuff organized on there and use Airplay in my house so I sync to BB from there.
    12-07-13 11:55 AM