I listen to my music daily, today I am getting an error that says format not supported. Not a single thing has changed...

Help? Please?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 05:52 AM
    I listen to my music daily, today I am getting an error that says format not supported. Not a single thing has changed...

Help? Please?

Posted via CB10
    Close app try again? Reboot? Have you tried anything before posting?
    04-25-13 06:04 AM
    Actually I was too scared to do anything else after a couple of restarts. I did shut down and try to reopen a couple of times, but no battery pull yet. I've never encountered an issue like this with my music, on any blackberry I have had.
    I'm nervous, I use this every single day.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:24 AM
    Thank u for the quick reply!!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 06:24 AM
    What format is the music? Or is it a mixof mp3and aac?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:27 AM
    Go to 'Settings' > 'Notification' and check that 'Sound' is 'On' and the volume slider is not all the way down. From here you can also check the individual notification settings for Phone, Messages, BBM etc.

Also ensure that 'Master Volume' in 'Settings' > 'System Volume' is not all the way down on the slider.
    04-25-13 07:42 AM
    Thanks everyone.

There is a mix of formats mp3, aac, wma, etc. I have been listening to all of my play lists since I got my phone (about a month ago) and I have never seen this before. I use it daily.

All volume settings are good- no changes there.

The only thing I have been doing for the past couple of days (besides reading the forums) is working on my contacts. Ugh. I even had my phone plugged into my car on the way to work tonight without issue. Phone sat on the desk until my break earlier when I went to listen and started getting all of the errors, on everything I tried to listen too.

I do not have a computer to back up, so I am reluctant to pull the battery just yet. I have shut off and restarted the phone 3 different times though.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:54 AM
    On a bit of a side note, should the Z10 be able to play aa format?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:58 AM
    Meant to say aac. :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 07:59 AM
    If music was playing before and music file format was not an issue then try a factory reset from BlackBerry link, if that doesn't fix it make sure to contact your place of purchase to start the process for a replacement.
    04-25-13 09:28 AM
    I have to ask, is your music stored on the internal device storage or a micro sd card? This happened to me a while back and the defect was in the "Non name Brand" sd card I had written the music files to. Big P.I.T.A. But after purchasing a name brand card and rewriting my music to that card I have 0 file issues! I also was able to listen to the music for a whole on the generic card for a while before waking up to the same problem your describing.

Via Zed using CB10
    04-25-13 09:43 AM
    If your music is on an sd card, pull it out and reinstall it back in.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:48 AM
    Thank you such for all your help everyone! Truly appreciated, I was starting to panic a little (okay, a lot)...

So long story short, a coworker stopped by to chat, I got called away for a sec... she pulled the battery!

Okay, yes I had the "Do not ever touch my phone, Ever" talk.

But, it worked! All songs are playing fine now, ringtones, saved VM's, everything. Yaaayy!

The funny thing is, after I really freaked out on her she said- in a snotty, know it all voice "That's what u always used to do with ur phones"... ugh, I-phone people. we have had the blackberry argument for years now. But this phone is just sooo different than my other blackberries I was scared to do it.

If all else fails, right??

One more thing to add to this novel, I have been using this particular sd card since my very first Torch (3yrs?), it's a SanDisk and I thought those were the 'best'. However. Do they get old and simply need to be replaced?

Thanks again! I love love love my new phone, and all is right with the world again..

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 03:33 PM