Just wanted to start a post to see what you guys think of the music player.

I personally think it's great, I love the feature to check the songs that are next when you choose to shuffle a playlist, or album or we, I think that the only thing that it needs is the little letters at the right to go through the list of songs and lyrics and the music app would be perfect!

What do y'all think

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:59 PM
    I would ask for the same plus a equalizer as well!. Everything else on the Music App is great!

Posted via CB10
    Edward in Toronto likes this.
    04-11-13 12:05 AM
    I think the default music player is lacking.

It's one of the app I do appreciate the iPhone iPod app more.

Some of the features I'd like to see in the future:
    - option to turn off automatic music search. Not all .mp3 file is a music file so I don't want my voice memo, podcast, audiobook, lectures, etc. Lumped with my music files on the "all songs" playlist.

-2x speed for listening to audiobooks, podcast, lectures in a faster speed.

-15 seconds back and 30 seconds forward skip, great for when you want to hear something repeated again in a podcast or audiobook.

I think I would be pretty happy with the above, I don't think it's asking too much.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:10 AM
    I would like to know when I've already added a song to a playlist. Like some sort of duplicate warning.

And the much missed equalizer settings.

Keep Playing my entire music library even after I've selected a song from a search.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:10 AM
    I would like to know when I've already added a song to a playlist. Like some sort of duplicate warning.

And the much missed equalizer settings.

Keep Playing my entire music library even after I've selected a song from a search.

Posted via CB10
    Well when u add the song there is a little 1 beside the + and - buttons and if u add twice a 2 comes up

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:17 AM
    It's lot bad but could be better I use sound cloud at www.soundcloud.com mostly though.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:32 AM
    The only problem i have with the music player is that I can't seem to find the "All songs" tab. Help please if it is in the player itself.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-11-13 12:34 AM
    Go to the playlist tab & under"collections" you will see "All songs"
    yelmonster likes this.
    04-11-13 12:37 AM
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha, there it is.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    04-11-13 12:38 AM
    I want something very simple. And that is to view songs as a list instead of by album art or by blocks when I'm searching for songs.

Go to the playlist tab & under"collections" you will see "All songs"
    Wow, that is certainly hidden very well!!!
    Would have never guessed it was there.
    Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:44 AM
    I want something very simple. And that is to view songs as a list instead of by album art or by blocks when I'm searching for songs.

Wow, that is certainly hidden very well!!!
    Would have never guessed it was there.
    Posted via CB10
    Yeah kinda tricky to find, although it would b awesome if it had the letters to navigate through the list

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:58 AM
    Also would be really nice to have themes or skins for the music app, and the whole thing as well

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:23 PM
    I'm new to the z10 and have a few questions about the music player. First, I can't seem to launch the music player via voice command, is this possible? Second, are there any shortcut to launch the music player from the call button on the inline remote? On my android, I can just press the call button and the music would start playing, anything like that for the z10? -thanks!
    04-18-13 03:28 AM
    The sound quality is great. There was always a tiny little bit of hiss on my 9360. So it looks like I'm finally able to retire my iPod. Also, turn music shortcuts on to move between tracks by holding volume buttons
    Last edited by Wmsi; 04-18-13 at 04:35 AM.
    04-18-13 04:02 AM
    I think it's slow, it should be way faster in everything from starting up to playing songs. And it needs an equalizer

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:45 AM
    Same app, but add an custom EQ and some sort of on the go playlist

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:00 AM
    I'm new to the z10 and have a few questions about the music player. First, I can't seem to launch the music player via voice command, is this possible? Second, are there any shortcut to launch the music player from the call button on the inline remote? On my android, I can just press the call button and the music would start playing, anything like that for the z10? -thanks!
    I believe u can do it from the voice control just say "Open music"

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:20 AM
    Nice! thanks! I've been saying "play music" this whole time...
    04-18-13 09:50 AM
    Love it

Sent from the Mother Ship...
    04-18-13 09:53 AM
    The BB player is balanced nice...it def could use a equalizer and some more options. But just for the record anyone who thinks apples music players are better you should give your head a shake.....First off the audio quality is garbage from iphones and ipods, Second the best music player for straight audio quality by far is the Sony walkman player built into the Sony phones. Id put it number one the BBOS7 number 2 in terms of straight audio quality...

The z10 audio quality is solid...but very neutral. People who like unbalanced audio whether it be bass, or treble wont find it awesome tho.
    Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:57 AM
    Also figured out how to play music with pressing the inline call button, just have to keep the music app in active frame.
    04-18-13 09:59 AM
    It's great, definitely needs improvement.

Is anyone having problems with songs skipping? Maybe it's just the way I'm loading them on my z10, but sometime a file is stuck in skipping. I've solved the problem by deleting the song than adding in again. But, I don't want test every song individually. Is there a way around this? Or am I the only one.

Otherwise the app play music's. So its fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:05 AM
    I agree the Walkman app on those Xperia are great...my old Xperia Go was one of the best smartphones for audio quality. I am not sure if it is audiophile grade but for most of us those Xperia are awesome music players.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:11 AM
    It's great, definitely needs improvement.

Is anyone having problems with songs skipping? Maybe it's just the way I'm loading them on my z10, but sometime a file is stuck in skipping. I've solved the problem by deleting the song than adding in again. But, I don't want test every song individually. Is there a way around this? Or am I the only one.

Otherwise the app play music's. So its fine with me.

Posted via CB10
    I had that issue once but it's because the song is damaged, maybe it didn't transfer well or something but reloading the song in the device should fix it

Posted with mah Z10!
    04-18-13 10:11 AM
    Well when u add the song there is a little 1 beside the + and - buttons and if u add twice a 2 comes up

Posted via CB10
    True, but I don't add music from the playlist, I add them from the now playing screen which don't bring a warning like BBOS used to.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:25 PM
28 12