I have downloaded some extra ring tones and saved them to a "ringtone" folder on my sd card but when I go into the music app they show up in my library which is a real pain in the ***!!! Anyone know of a way to keep my downloaded ringtones out of my music library? If I delete them from my library it also deletes them off the sd card. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Wayne
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-09-13 07:36 AM
    The one way I went around it was to create a folder and put all the ringtones in there I also renamed all of them to be Ringtone_?????? At least you will be able to recognize a ringtone from a song
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    04-09-13 07:48 AM
    Yeah the way most people have gotten around this is by making a playlist, until they allow you to remove music from the app there's no other way around it

Posted via Telstra Z10 on CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-09-13 07:50 AM
    The one way I went around it was to create a folder and put all the ringtones in there I also renamed all of them to be Ringtone_?????? At least you will be able to recognize a ringtone from a song
    I have created a folder on sd card called ringtones, but what do you mean by renaming the to be ringtones? Is this changing the file "type"? Does it affect ringtone and does it still show up in library?
    04-09-13 07:59 AM
    Yeah the way most people have gotten around this is by making a playlist, until they allow you to remove music from the app there's no other way around it

Posted via Telstra Z10 on CB10
    Yes, this is what I have done too but still it is not ideal eh? It would be great if the music app only recognized files in the "music" folder rather than all folders on phone/sd card.
    Maybe it will be fixed in a future update?? Fingers crossed!
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-09-13 08:03 AM
    I have created a folder on sd card called ringtones, but what do you mean by renaming the to be ringtones? Is this changing the file "type"? Does it affect ringtone and does it still show up in library?
    I had used the computer navigated to where all the ringtones were located and just renamed them to have ringtone_ in front of each name. They do show up in the library still but atleast you can determine which is a song and which is a ringtone by the name of them. Hopefully we will have an update soon which will allow us to keep certain music files out of the library itself. I also have created multiple playlist with all my songs in them so I do not have to search through the library.
    04-09-13 08:57 AM
    Sorry, I know this post is old, but I ran across it in a search and thought I would mention that my ringtones do not show up in the music library on my Z10. I have them all stored on my SDcard in a subfolder called Ringtones which is contained in a main folder called Blackberry. If I move the Ringtones folder outside of this Blackberry folder into the main SDcard then they do show up in my music library. It seems having them inside this sub folder makes a difference. My ringtones work fine too. I had downloaded a bunch of old OS7 ringtones that I wanted and put them in there. Thought I'd pass that on.
    anon(4067838) and BB12MX like this.
    05-06-13 05:43 PM
    Sorry, I know this post is old, but I ran across it in a search and thought I would mention that my ringtones do not show up in the music library on my Z10. I have them all stored on my SDcard in a subfolder called Ringtones which is contained in a main folder called Blackberry. If I move the Ringtones folder outside of this Blackberry folder into the main SDcard then they do show up in my music library. It seems having them inside this sub folder makes a difference. My ringtones work fine too. I had downloaded a bunch of old OS7 ringtones that I wanted and put them in there. Thought I'd pass that on.
    Thank you so much. So so so much.
    05-06-13 05:58 PM
    Wow that's a great tip, I been having this same problem for a long time, I'll have to give it a try once o get home!

THNX!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:08 PM
    I hope it works for you guys! I was using this same SDcard with my Bold 9930 and this is how stuff was stored on it automatically. I just put the card in my Z10 and everything was fine. I didn't even know there was a problem with ringtones on the Z10 until I read this post and thought, that's odd, mine don't do that. So I did a little test and took them out of that Blackberry folder and put them into the main card and there they were in the music library.
    05-06-13 06:23 PM
    You can also put them in the Voice folder.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:29 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys. I created a "BlackBerry" folder on sd card and in that I created a ringtone folder as suggested but still had the same issue. I then tried suggestion by CBMem and put them in the voice folder and this worked! Many thanks again for all your help, it is greatly appreciated.
    05-07-13 01:19 AM
    05-07-13 02:10 AM
    I was able to try this fix and it WORKS!!!

first i made the folder with the name Blackberry and restarted the phone but that didn't work, so i changed it to BlackBerry and that worked.

Again, thnx for the great tip, it was driving me crazy!!!

just incase it makes a diff im using 10.1.0.1627 on z10 STL100-3
    05-07-13 09:24 AM
    Music app issue-img_00000334.png
    Music app issue-img_00000333.png

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:27 AM
    Worked for me if I just stored the ringtones under Blackberry folder into a Ringtones folder

THANKS
    05-07-13 09:46 AM