With my first Z10, on Bell Mobility, the phone's email setup probably got stuck in an endless loop handshaking with Gmail. I could receive email, and reply only to those email messages. No other email could be sent. With my second Z10, on Rogers, the same problem occurred for less than four days and then disappeared. The difference was that I had a Blackberry employee looking into it for me. No other difference. I did not configure anything differently. However many other email problems occurred, and contacts problems too. I now have a third Z10, on Fido, and I'm happier with Fido than with the previous two. Many of my problems with my Z10 have disappeared. I made one change. I opened an outlook webmail and used it to get my contacts. But there are still problems. Not earth-shattering problems. But still real. The problems are less and less severe. And, I have found work-arounds, or I have decided to forget about having the features that a perfect Z10 and BB OS 10 would provide. I can make do with less.
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 09:39 PM
    I definitely understand your frustration with both the phone and AT&T wanting to send you a refurbished phone. I had the same problem with T-Mobile back in 2009 with my old 8900. They wanted to send me a refurbished phone after I had problems with my original phone. I felt I should get a brand new phone. I stood my ground and asked to speak to the highest level manager available. I finally got them to send me a brand new phone. That phone worked perfectly until I upgraded my phone, gave it to my mom, and one of her dogs ate it.
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:33 PM
    Sometimes I wonder if it is a problem introduced by the salesperson at the carrier. When they transfer data, and install carrier software. I had problems until I uninstalled the carrier bridge, and installed it without the SIM card. After that, I had no more problems. With this phone, that was the first thing I did. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 11:01 PM
    OP: you and your wife can trade phones. Reconfigure the email but leave the other stuff alone for now.
    DStLouis and abdalla889 like this.
    04-22-13 11:08 PM
    I notice that your dalla in your name. Is that Dallas? I'm looking for someone that wants to sell there z10. In Dallas area here. Would like to have Verizon phone though.

Posted via CB10
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 11:23 PM
    I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing when plunging the charger in if it goes in at an angle then needs to be adjusted and can be wiggled? Also the top left near the camera rattles, but I've read that it is normal. So, are these two things normal? I'm not too concerned as these are small things.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:34 PM
    The mini USB goes straight in like any typical USB port. Definitely not at an angle. There is some wiggle room, though, but very little, as is normal on past BBs.

The very light rattle near the lense is normal.
    blackberry z10 likes this.
    04-22-13 11:43 PM
    Having a bad phone is not an impossible thing.
    Replacing it with a new one an still having the same issue; I personally doubt it is possible, unless you are really really bad lucky guy.
    But now with a third one still having the same issue; I can't point out the phone anymore... That must be something you installed or email set-up.
    Your wife got one with no issue, so eliminating possible issue coming from your carrier (signal strenght...).
    You should wipe it, an set-up one service at the time to identify the trouble maker. I would suggest that you set you Google account the last, as many users had issues with Google account.

By the way, do you synch "outlook note" thru active sync ? Mine is disabled, this was a known issue. If enable, it make my phone not working smooth, always communicating with server,... with email not arriving on a regular basis as expected
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-23-13 01:37 AM
    Are you restoring your data from a previous backup? I know you mentioned you about sideloads and reloading software and whatnot, but are you restoring your data from a previous backup? Contacts, messages, etc.? I believe I read in another thread that a user was having similar issues with his Z10 and after many attempts at wiping and reloading, they decided to do a fresh load. Wiped the phone and installed a new OS and that was it. Did not restore any data from any previous backups. Just wiped and installed. They inputted all new data and new email accounts instead of transferring or restoring and this worked for them.

Hope this helps.
    Naw, i started freash the couple of times i reloaded... still same thing
    04-23-13 07:16 AM
    Look, you are familiar with phone and you must be -- just from simple logic -- clear that this is an issue with something to do with what you're doing with the phone. This is well beyond coincidence. Right? I had a similar situation with an Android phone (s) and finally traced it to a bad SIM I was passing from phone to phone.
    I switched SIM everytime i took back the device.. still no luck
    04-23-13 07:20 AM
    i call troll. why do you need to state you work an IT? that means nothing if you dont know how to use your phone.

blackberry user for years? all of a sudden all the "loyal" blackberry users are coming out of the woodwork to complain about the z10.

2 devies with the same exact issue can be device related but unlikely. somethin tells me your doing something wrong or reloaded from a previous back up which would transfer over any issue.
    NO, staring fresh everytime. Blackberry certified. BES admin.. Helped folks over the phone with theri BB issues.. I know what am doing
    04-23-13 07:21 AM
    Try swapping it with your wife's phone (if she's ok with that) once you've both done OS resets and swapped sim card etc, and re uploaded from backup, see how your phones act. Then you'll be able to tell if it's a device fault.

Posted via CB10
    i dont want to mess with hers.. if something goes wrong, im going to be the one helping her.. she is going to blame me eveytime she cant do something ... Hey, taking it back to the store was essesially the same thing
    04-23-13 07:24 AM
    Guess they hired the wrong guy to beta test

Posted via CB10
    STUPID
    04-23-13 07:25 AM
    yeah.. very fake, here I am replying to every post...
    04-23-13 07:28 AM
    If I were you OP, I would use every social media available and tweet, post and talk about the problem and the lack of service.
    You phrased everything well in your post and I would use that same logic to blow up their social avenues until someone helps you.
    IMHO
    Best of luck.
    Don't wait for CB. It's clear they are sitting this issue out. Oh the mighty dollar.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-23-13 07:29 AM
    the fact that they laid us off, 5000 to be exact, didnt speak of our knowledge as support staff. Also, at RIM there were thousand of tools to assist us with issues like that. I have been removed from that enviroment for 5 months before i touched the new device. as a customer first, i shouldnt have to go through this. Im being very patient

But yes, since you can see,i have 6 accounts attached to the email hub. Im a very busy person. My email is the reason why Im still on BlackBerry as there is no better solution.

its a good suggestion, its just dificult for me to remove my accounts like that.. oh well, i may just have to take a day off..
    04-23-13 07:33 AM
    No, you didn't then. You're "background" gave no useful information as to WHAT could be the cause. When did you ever ask for help before you went on this little rant? You say you reloaded a fresh OS yet didn't say anything about the similarities between them. Did you install the same apps on all three? Did you try disabling some of the email accounts to see if some were misbehaving? Did you ASK for any help whatsoever before making this post?

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    Dude, i have friends there at RIM that were not laid off.. they told me to return the device. Obviosly there was troubleshoot done.
    04-23-13 07:37 AM
    ANYWAY, thanks for all the replies and suggestions!! I will sure try and report back, not sure wehn thou
    I really hope i 10.1 at the end of the month will fix these issues..

Im always checking in with CB to see what rummors and what people are saying about their experiences with the new device.

Most of you guys have been awesome and understanding of the problem.. some of you, like many others, just think im a fake or im a hater, and that is further than the Truth.

Peace.
    04-23-13 07:44 AM
    Do you have a sandisk or other type of transflash card in your phone? I have heard some cases where this may cause the reeboot issue. If you do try removing the card and restart your phone. The card may be the issue.
    04-23-13 08:15 AM
    Do you have a sandisk or other type of transflash card in your phone? I have heard some cases where this may cause the reeboot issue. If you do try removing the card and restart your phone. The card may be the issue.
    New Scandisk 32gig class 10 card. Formated it and still rebooting.

On my 2nd Z10 and still rebooting

Good luck.

Tim

04-23-13 08:35 AM
    I don't think you have a bad device. I think one of your email accounts is stuck in a loop. I saw this being reported as some people's problems closer to launch day. Try removing all of your accounts from the phone, and then add them back one by one. For example, add one account wait about 4 hours and see if you have the problem. I would also recommend you purchase Battery Guru so you can see when your battery starts to drain.

The device gets hot because the cpu is actively processing something, and the device most likely freezes because it is out of memory (or maybe overheating, but that is more unlikely).
    I feel left out that you didn't reply to my post

Posted via CB10
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-23-13 08:43 AM
    Good post although this has to be among worst type of PR for BB. If (ex) employees can't get major problems resolved (and are told to replace by BB) then.. well little more need be said. But, PaulinVA is on to something, others may miss the point: If it is a hardware issue we expect the problem to be duplicated. If it is an issue found in a production batch, then a new phone (coming from new batch) might assist. I think it is very unlikely, however, that a new phone will ever remedy these types of issues, if we do assume a hardware problem.

But the fact that OP has two close relations using Zs without problems, and assuming that they are using same service provider as well as purchased Zs at same privder within a short time span (ie, same lot), then these facts nearly eliminate (statistically) a mfr defect from having not repeated itself on successive phones.

Therefore, it must be the type of apps or functions accessed along with OP general user habits. I doubt that wife and brother are using same functions or apps!?

"We've" long since known the battery is not good...indeed BB has seen to it that the Q10 has a better one. As I've used the Z to date almost exclusively on intl travel, I'll soon report back on reboots...No problems going intl without radio--ie, no talk or text-- but battery life is atrocious.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 06-10-13 at 01:12 PM.
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-23-13 08:56 AM
    I feel left out that you didn't reply to my post

Posted via CB10
    like i said, i will try that.. just dont have enough time at the moment.. sorry i forgot to mention you VJgamer, you idea is valid
    04-23-13 09:26 AM
    Good post although this has to be among worst PR type for BB. If (ex) employees can't get major problems resolved (and are told to replace by BB) then.. well little more need be said. But, PaulinVA is on to something, others miss the point. If it is a hardware issue we expect the problem to be duplicated. If it is an issue found in a production batch, then a new phone (coming from new batch) might assist. I think it is very unlikely a new phone will ever remedy these types of issues, if we assume a hardware problem.

But the fact that OP has two close relations without problems, and assuming that they are using same service provider as well as purchase if Zs at same privder within a short time span, nearly eliminates )(statistically) a mfr defect from repeating itself on successive phones.

Therefore, it must be the type of apps or functions accessed along with OP general user habits. I doubt that wife and brother are using same functions or apps!?

Here, I've long since known the battery is not good...indeed BBSAW to it that the Q10 has a better one. As I've used the Z ti date almost exclusively on intl travel, I'll soon report back on reboots...No problems going intl without radio--ie, no talk or text.

Posted via CB10
    BLACKBERRY USERS, DO MORE. There was a commercial a while back talking about the type of blackberry users... we do more.. we accomplish more.. always on the go, always connected. I have to take time down to do all the suggestions.. and thats a problem for me.. im one of those doers... always been, always will.

like i said, i will attempt that, jsut dont know when
    04-23-13 09:28 AM
    New Scandisk 32gig class 10 card. Formated it and still rebooting.

On my 2nd Z10 and still rebooting

Good luck.

Tim

Have you tried using the device without the card? I'm on a Topram 32 gb class 6 with no issues. Makes me wonder if there is just an issue with certain cards.
    04-23-13 01:03 PM
79 1234