i call troll. why do you need to state you work an IT? that means nothing if you dont know how to use your phone.

blackberry user for years? all of a sudden all the "loyal" blackberry users are coming out of the woodwork to complain about the z10.

2 devies with the same exact issue can be device related but unlikely. somethin tells me your doing something wrong or reloaded from a previous back up which would transfer over any issue.
    04-22-13 03:57 PM
    It sounds to me like there is something he's adding to his device causing problems.

Some app or strange configuration.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this possibility. Seems that if the other 2 devices in the family have no real issue? Do they have the same carrier, applications and side loads( if any) that the busted phone has?

CB10 App, Z10
    04-22-13 04:01 PM
    Im just posting because the other thread was closed... there are people with real issues and most of you simply ignore and call them a hater.. Im just posting my story so you all can see its happening to the best of us, and in my situation, unfortunatly its a bad device ( or 3), not a user error.
    The difference is you at least are asking for help...ideas....guesses..... anything that will cure the problem(s) you are having. The OP did not ask for help...just posted a Bye Bye thread ... then he posted this......

"The point of the thread is half of you are delirious and need to know that the z10 is crap."

Then all hell broke loose....lol

And the OP continues to post negatives on every thread on here.

Be reasonable even if you're not happy with the unit, and this community will be very helpfull.
    bungaboy and abdalla889 like this.
    04-22-13 04:01 PM
    I think posts that have these weird symbols through them are fake? Maybe using a translator?

Posted via CB10
    I don't agree! many long time posters have shown up on my screen with these types of symbols.

CB10 App, Z10
    04-22-13 04:02 PM
    Try swapping it with your wife's phone (if she's ok with that) once you've both done OS resets and swapped sim card etc, and re uploaded from backup, see how your phones act. Then you'll be able to tell if it's a device fault.

Posted via CB10
    JWWDUKE and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-22-13 04:11 PM
    I have never yet had a random reboot. The probability of you having three consecutive dodgy phones are very, very small. if you really have had then please can I have six numbers chosen at random between 1 and 49? Many thanks.

try new SIM and reload your software.....Don't put anything Android on then try them one at a time and see if you can identify the one that causes your reboots and other gremlins. I have few apps on and have never had any reboots.

Hope you sort it and then you can enjoy this lovely bit of technology. I'm on my laptop now with the Z10 showing my works desktop on my telly via HDMI and controlling the screen with my BT playbook keyboard. Happy days
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 04:12 PM
    Guess they hired the wrong guy to beta test

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:14 PM
    you said the 2 other phones your wife and other family member have work fine. I would switch sims and see if that solves the issue. other than that do they all three have the same apps? if not what apps are different. Sorry your having issues, I have had a few hiccups but hey its a new device so I am being more patient as its still better than any other phone I have or have had.
    04-22-13 04:14 PM
    And guess what??? I�m stuck with a BAD DEVICE. If I call in, they will send me a REFURBISHED DEVICE, which that�s not what I paid for. ( 549 was what I spent of this S***)
    I don't think you have a bad device. I think one of your email accounts is stuck in a loop. I saw this being reported as some people's problems closer to launch day. Try removing all of your accounts from the phone, and then add them back one by one. For example, add one account wait about 4 hours and see if you have the problem. I would also recommend you purchase Battery Guru so you can see when your battery starts to drain.

The device gets hot because the cpu is actively processing something, and the device most likely freezes because it is out of memory (or maybe overheating, but that is more unlikely).
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 04:20 PM
    Im just posting because the other thread was closed... there are people with real issues and most of you simply ignore and call them a hater.. Im just posting my story so you all can see its happening to the best of us, and in my situation, unfortunatly its a bad device ( or 3), not a user error.
    I have been saying this since the first time I had the restart issue with mine, I am on my 4th z10 because of restarts, freezes etc and I am also a pretty tech savvy person. I also don't like these comments left by the clueless BB faithful who just because they haven't had any issues with their device, choose to post some smart *** comment on some ones post who really is having these issues.

PS: I thought this was a site where you can go to get answers, solutions, tips and ideas to improve your Blackberry experience????
    04-22-13 04:24 PM
    There are issues for sure. No way they are all made up.
    04-22-13 04:28 PM
    Bad luck? I have been using my first and only z10 since feb 5th and have had none of the problems you reported.
    Same. The device is a beast!

Sent from the Mother Ship...
    04-22-13 04:33 PM
    The whole post sounds very strange. Most likely a fake. Having so many identical issues with three devices. Hard to believe.

Posted from my lovely Z10
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 05:05 PM
    I have never yet had a random reboot. The probability of you having three consecutive dodgy phones are very, very small. if you really have had then please can I have six numbers chosen at random between 1 and 49? Many thanks.

try new SIM and reload your software.....Don't put anything Android on then try them one at a time and see if you can identify the one that causes your reboots and other gremlins. I have few apps on and have never had any reboots.

Hope you sort it and then you can enjoy this lovely bit of technology. I'm on my laptop now with the Z10 showing my works desktop on my telly via HDMI and controlling the screen with my BT playbook keyboard. Happy days
    2, 15, 23, 31, 38, 44
    tinker2000 likes this.
    04-22-13 05:08 PM
    I hope you didn't do BlackBerry support at RIM because you clearly jumped the gun by assuming it was a hardware issue.

It's likely your mail account that's doing something funny and hammering the server with requests. I think someone on these forums had the same issue.

If you want to rule out hardware problems, reload the device software and put nothing on the phone, not even an email integration or the configuration of any accounts. Remove your SD card. See how long it lasts in a day, just sending some messages or making a few calls. If the battery is good, it's now a software problem. Add accounts and apps one at a time until you notice your phone heating up or your battery running out.

I'm convinced its one of your mail accounts.

Posted via CB10
    JWWDUKE and abdalla889 like this.
    04-22-13 05:17 PM
    My Z10 randomly reboots several times a day. Mine is from Verizon. It has a new SIM and new SD card. The apps are from BBW, nothing side loaded. It is the second Z10. First one took back because it was randomly jumping and scrolling from screen to screen with no one holding it.

I have 5 email accounts - 1 yahoo, 1 gmail, 1 ATT and 2 MS exchange.

I went all day today and then it rebooted twice in the last hour?

I haven't taking this one back. There seems to be a lot of people waiting for the software update to resolve this. Some are saying his post is a fake, but I can relate with his frustration and I am having similar issues with my Z10.
    arturobaez and abdalla889 like this.
    04-22-13 05:27 PM
    HI, yes i do think its something as well. I took all the sideloads apps off and reloaded the Software. I have GMAIL, Corporate mail ( exchange), Hotmail, and 2 customs IMAP accounts.

I dont have a SD Card.

its really strange...
    Hmmmmm

That's really odd. I thought for sure it would be some common app. New battery too?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:33 PM
    HI, yes i do think its something as well. I took all the sideloads apps off and reloaded the Software. I have GMAIL, Corporate mail ( exchange), Hotmail, and 2 customs IMAP accounts.

I dont have a SD Card.

That's really strange man, the other two z10 don't have that issue and you got your third unil but still it has issues. Maybe there's something you are doing with your unit that causes the issues that were not doing by your wife and brother that's why they have no issues at all.

My advice to you, just please use your unit normally and ask your wife and brother how they use theirs. Coz I find it strange that your z10 seems to have a factory defect or software error or something. Mine only rebooted once and when I uninstalled the game wordship, it all goes to normal. Good luck to your z10 man.
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-22-13 07:05 PM
    Or maybe the MS Exchange is giving the issues....
    04-22-13 07:07 PM
    All your symptoms (hot, battery drain, reboot) indicate a unit that is working very hard at something.

My suggestion... do a full security wipe and reinstall the OS. NOT just a restore of a backup in Link. A full restore. It will be like you got a new phone (software wise)
    Use the restored phone with NO email accounts set up.

Download Battery Guru to monitor activity. It also will monitor your battery temp which is a sign of activity. The black line on the chart should be just below the fifth line from the bottom on a 'relaxed' Z10 that is not plugged in.

Use it for enough time to ensure in your mind that it is stable.

Then add an email account. Battery guru will have downward spikes as it syncs...but should basically return to the same place as before you added the account. If it settles on a semi-stable line much below where it was before...you have something working the cpu and draining the battery quicker.
    Keep using until you are somewhat satisfied it is stable.
    The add email accounts one by one, as above, until they're all on there.

The same can be done for all the apps.

Some really wierd stuff can happen. I uninstalled the eBay app today when I realized it was draining my battery and using data VERY quickly. (25% / hr !) I just opened eBay and closed it immediately. I happened to look at Battery Guru and my usage was way up. eBay wasn't even running but it was first thing in the day and the only app I had opened since reboot. I uninstalled it and the usage stayed really high. I then rebooted and everything returned to normal. Just to be sure, I reinstalled eBay and ran it and sure enough the battery started to go south right away (and the phone heated up) I uninstalled again, and the usage stayed high until a reboot. Since then, no problems No more eBay app for me until it is native..

Anyways...good luck with finding what is giving you grief.
    04-22-13 07:41 PM
    read my background.
    No, you didn't then. You're "background" gave no useful information as to WHAT could be the cause. When did you ever ask for help before you went on this little rant? You say you reloaded a fresh OS yet didn't say anything about the similarities between them. Did you install the same apps on all three? Did you try disabling some of the email accounts to see if some were misbehaving? Did you ASK for any help whatsoever before making this post?

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-22-13 08:17 PM
    I have been saying this since the first time I had the restart issue with mine, I am on my 4th z10 because of restarts, freezes etc and I am also a pretty tech savvy person. I also don't like these comments left by the clueless BB faithful who just because they haven't had any issues with their device, choose to post some smart *** comment on some ones post who really is having these issues.

PS: I thought this was a site where you can go to get answers, solutions, tips and ideas to improve your Blackberry experience????
    Sometimes we as customers may not be able to diagnose an issue as it may have more than one trigger or cause.
    We think, speculate and discuss. Even argue and fight about it. The later usually occurs when no official cause and cure is offered by the manufacturer and retail point of sale.

Frustration is what it is about. It drives away customers. People vent when frustrated. Simple.

BlackBerry is hurting itself by not publicly acknowledging the issue and that it will be fixed. Simple.

People are understanding if they feel they are acknowledged understood and appreciated.

They get nasty when they feel used and trivialized.

So you have the clash.

BlackBerry is the only entity that can fix the issues and restore calm to the Crackberry Realm.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-22-13 08:20 PM
    All your symptoms (hot, battery drain, reboot) indicate a unit that is working very hard at something.

My suggestion... do a full security wipe and reinstall the OS. NOT just a restore of a backup in Link. A full restore. It will be like you got a new phone (software wise)
    Use the restored phone with NO email accounts set up.

Download Battery Guru to monitor activity. It also will monitor your battery temp which is a sign of activity. The black line on the chart should be just below the fifth line from the bottom on a 'relaxed' Z10 that is not plugged in.

Use it for enough time to ensure in your mind that it is stable.

Then add an email account. Battery guru will have downward spikes as it syncs...but should basically return to the same place as before you added the account. If it settles on a semi-stable line much below where it was before...you have something working the cpu and draining the battery quicker.
    Keep using until you are somewhat satisfied it is stable.
    The add email accounts one by one, as above, until they're all on there.

The same can be done for all the apps.

Some really wierd stuff can happen. I uninstalled the eBay app today when I realized it was draining my battery and using data VERY quickly. (25% / hr !) I just opened eBay and closed it immediately. I happened to look at Battery Guru and my usage was way up. eBay wasn't even running but it was first thing in the day and the only app I had opened since reboot. I uninstalled it and the usage stayed really high. I then rebooted and everything returned to normal. Just to be sure, I reinstalled eBay and ran it and sure enough the battery started to go south right away (and the phone heated up) I uninstalled again, and the usage stayed high until a reboot. Since then, no problems No more eBay app for me until it is native..

Anyways...good luck with finding what is giving you grief.
    +1 We CAN trouble shoot together. You just have to ask first, OP.

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-22-13 08:21 PM
    Maybe the phone has issues there isn't a SD card in the slot. Perhaps, you should try using the phone with and without the card, as part of your routine diagnostic.
    04-22-13 08:45 PM
    If I were you OP, I would use every social media available and tweet, post and talk about the problem and the lack of service.
    You phrased everything well in your post and I would use that same logic to blow up their social avenues until someone helps you.
    IMHO
    Best of luck.
    blueberrymerry and abdalla889 like this.
    04-22-13 08:50 PM
79 1234