Hi Peeps,

My favorite feature on my Z10 has to be the Multi screen peak & watch feature of BB10

So I'm watching a youtube video or catching up on BBC iPlayer in landscape, get a notification, if i feel like checking, I rotate the handset to portrait, if its worth my time I'll peek in to it further.

Discovered this yesterday, just took screenshots now though as I'm home from work.

Sometimes I watch tv and have a bbm convo going on in the background, and I can see the bottom 2 lines of convo, I can bring the keyboard up to type by 2 finger swiping, but it won't let me type in to the text field even though its blinking, Its targetting the the video layer which is on top.

I'm sure Blackberry could expand on this, but I guess they have plenty on their plates at the moment

*MULTI SCREEN* - Bug-mrzed10_multiscreen-z10__.jpg

*MULTI SCREEN* - Bug-mrzed10_multiscreen-z10.jpg*MULTI SCREEN* - Bug-multiscreen-z10_.jpg

Yes Yes I know its not REAL multi-screen, more like a bug if anything, but it goes to show that theres some *SERIOUS* potential in this platform.

*HOW TO*

1) Youtube - desktop version (settings > developer tools > desktop mode)
    2) double tap video to make it full screen
    3) When video is fullscreen
    a) Swipe up
    b) Swipe right (to peek, and so video is almost off the screen)
    c) then Swipe down fast and the video will snap to which ever HUB screen your in

Last edited by mr_zed10; 02-14-13 at 02:02 PM.
    02-14-13 01:39 PM
    OMG that is soo cool And they say BlackBerry doesn't have dual screen? HA! Wown GREAT find!!!!!!
    Vector-SS likes this.
    02-14-13 02:21 PM
    LOL Yeh I got excited when I first did that, I couldn't figure out how I did it but after going on a swipe frenzy I figured it out.

Probably the first bug I've ever seen that's quite cool in my opinion
    02-15-13 10:21 AM
    wow thats cool, kinda like one of those samsung commercial of showing off their multitasking of watching a video and doing something at the same time
    02-15-13 06:48 PM
    Didn't work for me!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 06:59 PM
    Didn't work for me!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    You need to be in desktop mode, and it may take 1 or 2 extra swipes, but like mentioned in the original post, and as changed in the title (by crackberry mods ), it IS a bug so might not work for everyone.
    02-16-13 03:47 PM
    Didn't work for me!
    Just swipe up, then right all the way until your finger is on the right-hand bezel. Then run your finger straight down the bezel. You don't have to do it quickly. Just straight up until you get the mini view, then straight across to the bezel, then straight down until your finger runs off the bottom of the screen. It'll work.

Phone has to be in portrait mode. Settings (desktop mode) that OP mentioned is the settings in the YouTube app. Double-tap the video to make it full-screen, then do the motions that were mentioned. Neat bug. I am able to bring it up, but can't do anything with my hub while the video is playing.
    02-16-13 04:18 PM