I really love my Z10. I bought a Z30 only because I couldn't deal with swapping batteries every two hours or so.

So my question is:

Does the Mugen 3800 battery really make that big of a difference?

Is it comparable to the battery life of a Z30 with that extended battery?

Anyone have any experience with this or another larger capacity battery?

Thanks!

Sent from the Berry using Tapatalk.
    06-03-14 08:26 PM
    I got an 8 dollar battery "gold" off eBay. Loving life with an 18 dollar 64gb microsd

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:32 PM
    Curious about this as well. I have the Chinese battery that is 4500mah, but it is probably closer to the Mugen in terms of capacity.

I ran through a full cycle. Unplugged on Sunday at 9am and used it a bit heavily for an hour or two then (mobile hotspot, watching some YouTube, few calls and texts), then some light usage and it died Monday at around 11pm. I wonder if the z30 has these numbers as well.
    Septembersrain likes this.
    06-03-14 11:47 PM
    I saw one for 5000mAh. Not sure if it's for the LTE or 3G version though. So I contacted the person on Ebay to find out. That would be pretty cool if I could make it through a whole day with my Z10....

I just still really prefer the Z10 over the Z30...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    06-04-14 12:30 AM
    This is the one I have for the z10 LTE version: Link

I am not too sure if the 5000 mah is really true, could just be a sticker "claiming" it is 5000 and almost double the price. There is no doubt you will make it through the whole day with that battery. It's pretty hard to kill it. I was at 11% and watched a 1hour 30min movie on YouTube at full brightness and it went to ~7%. You'll definitely need to calibrate it though. The battery goes to 0% a lot but when you restart it goes back up to 15-30%.

I really like the z30, its super nice, I just hate not having a removable battery. I was traumatized by my iPhone 4 experience where the battery died and they charged me $89 to replace the battery, plus I had to drive to an apple store. Only later to find out I could have done it myself and bought the parts online for maybe $10.
    06-04-14 02:31 AM
    If you don't want to spend on a new Z30, or don't want to increase the bulkiness of your Z10, but want to have extra juice without having to constantly swap batteries, then do what I do. Just carry around a powerbank. It doesn't have to be those gigantic powerbanks, but it could just be a tiny one that's not too hard to carry around.

I have one that only carries 2600mAh, and I'm able to make my Z10 last the whole day. I can get up to ten hours in one full charge, and I'm able to charge it completely another time, and still have enough juice in my powerbank to fill up another one-fourth or one-half of the battery.

I've heard about Z30s being able to last two days. So I still don't think this would be enough to satisfy that, but I can say a simple and small 2600mAh battery still serves me well. :]

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    06-04-14 02:37 AM
    great idea!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:36 AM
    If you don't want to spend on a new Z30, or don't want to increase the bulkiness of your Z10, but want to have extra juice without having to constantly swap batteries, then do what I do. Just carry around a powerbank. It doesn't have to be those gigantic powerbanks, but it could just be a tiny one that's not too hard to carry around.

I have one that only carries 2600mAh, and I'm able to make my Z10 last the whole day. I can get up to ten hours in one full charge, and I'm able to charge it completely another time, and still have enough juice in my powerbank to fill up another one-fourth or one-half of the battery.

I've heard about Z30s being able to last two days. So I still don't think this would be enough to satisfy that, but I can say a simple and small 2600mAh battery still serves me well. :]

I've got a Z30. My thing is that it's just a tiny bit too big and too heavy for me to comfortably use it at work. Then there is also the issue of the amoled screen. I don't enjoy looking at it as much as I do my Z10.

I really didn't want to carry a power bank around with me. I've got 4 spare batteries, so I can swap them out. I'm just trying to find a battery that will last it all day. At least 12 hours for sure. I'm just too busy to have to worry about it dying randomly. =/

Think I'll try out that 5000 mAh battery. For $30, it's way cheaper than the Mugen one. Heh.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-04-14 06:02 AM
    I've got a Z30. My thing is that it's just a tiny bit too big and too heavy for me to comfortably use it at work. Then there is also the issue of the amoled screen. I don't enjoy looking at it as much as I do my Z10.

I really didn't want to carry a power bank around with me. I've got 4 spare batteries, so I can swap them out. I'm just trying to find a battery that will last it all day. At least 12 hours for sure. I'm just too busy to have to worry about it dying randomly. =/

Think I'll try out that 5000 mAh battery. For $30, it's way cheaper than the Mugen one. Heh.

Better make sure that the battery is what they say it is then.
    There are tons of batteries out there that actually have a lower capacity than what it says. Mugen seems pretty trustworthy.

kbz1960 likes this.
    06-04-14 06:10 AM
    Better make sure that the battery is what they say it is then.
    There are tons of batteries out there that actually have a lower capacity than what it says. Mugen seems pretty trustworthy.

They do say there is a 30 day return policy. It's worth a shot. If it's a no go, I'll pony up the $90 and get a Mugen.

06-04-14 06:18 AM
    They do say there is a 30 day return policy. It's worth a shot. If it's a no go, I'll pony up the $90 and get a Mugen.

Let me know how it works for you. I need to replace my battery as well.

06-04-14 06:21 AM
    Don't buy this 5000 mah battery it is a scam. At best it is a 3600 mah which you can get cheaper from other sources. There is simply no way to cramp 5000 mah inside battery of this dimensions. It's dimensions are the same as mugen battery and mugen is the only manufacturer you can trust when it comes to spare batteries.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:07 AM
    Don't buy this 5000 mah battery it is a scam. At best it is a 3600 mah which you can get cheaper from other sources. There is simply no way to cramp 5000 mah inside battery of this dimensions. It's dimensions are the same as mugen battery and mugen is the only manufacturer you can trust when it comes to spare batteries.

Posted via CB10
    The Mugen battery is so expensive though! =(

I was going to try this out and return it if it doesn't give at least 10 hours.

Sent from the Berry via Tapatalk.
    06-04-14 11:22 AM
    Well I suppose once you're aware it's not having the stated capacity Then it's nothing wrong with buying it and saving few quid. It should still give you around 3800 mah.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:55 AM
    Well I suppose once you're aware it's not having the stated capacity Then it's nothing wrong with buying it and saving few quid. It should still give you around 3800 mah.

Posted via CB10
    If it'll last me my whole work day, it's worth it. Haha. I love this Z10. Just don't love the battery life!

06-04-14 12:12 PM
    I would be curious to see how this battery turns out too!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    06-04-14 12:45 PM
    wojt7 is right. The 5000 mah is a scam. The link I posted about for the battery on ebay looks EXACTLY like the 5000 and the Mugen. I think Mugen commissioned china make these batteries and then they put a generic sticker on it and sell it for much cheaper, only $17! It is a steal at the price. Don't get it for $30!

Here is the link again. Compare this to the mugen pictures and the 5000. It's the same. There are also many threads about the $17 battery on here, everyone loves it.
    06-04-14 01:10 PM
    Oh why does it take so long to get stuff from China?!?

06-06-14 06:09 AM
    Definitely a bit of difference. How much though? I can't exactly say as my Z10 no longer works for calls/text.

06-22-14 04:34 PM
    I have the 4500mah as well from eBay and it will last you more than enough to get you through the day and then some once it reaches 0 it still works for like 6 hours

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 04:57 PM
    Why won't it work?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:09 PM
    Extended life brands I trust, Seidio, Zero Lemmon, and Mugen!
    06-23-14 12:49 AM
    Why won't it work?

Posted via CB10
    It overheated badly and now I can't seem to get the radio to work. After toying with autoloaders and bars, finally got Wifi to work and stay on. Don't know if I'll ever get the Z10 100% again. I'm just lucky it comes on.

06-23-14 04:50 AM
    Heat of up with a heat gun to reball the motherboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:23 AM
    I have had the cheap 4500mAh battery from ebay over a year now and still get 36 hours out of my Z10.
    06-23-14 06:53 AM