Bought my att Z10 and had dismal battery life. I recently upgraded firmware to 10.2.0.1803. Wow. What a difference.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:29 PM
    Wait till you get on the new 10.2.1 branch. Battery life gets even better!

Posted via CB10
    anon6113468 likes this.
    12-02-13 08:32 PM
    10.2.1.1055 is even better. Just installed it over the long leakend and -- wow!
    12-02-13 08:32 PM
    10.2.0.1803 has the best battery life I've seen out of my Z10.

10.2.1 is NOT up to that standard. Yet. It'll get there, but it ISN'T there today. The fixes in 10.2.0.1803 were largely in the radio code area and they resulted in a massive reduction in standby radio power consumption.
    Carterbits likes this.
    12-02-13 08:40 PM
    I went from 10.2.0.1791 and never had a problem with the battery life, but 10.2.1.1055 is definitely better than that. Don't see why it would be worse than 1803 though.
    12-02-13 08:54 PM
    I wish I could see this awesome battery life. I got my Z10 at the end of July from AT&T, it updated itself to the 10.1 (2xxx-whatever) that they are still stuck on, loaded several leaks and builds other carriers had over the last few months, and on 10.2.1.1055 now.

My battery life has not changed one single bit with any OS I've loaded so far. I might get 8 or 9 hours if I let it go dead. But I usually plug it into my PC at work in the afternoon. It does, of course, last longer if I don't actually use it, but that's no fun. I do have two email accounts - one an exchange account (syncing the calendar too), and the other an IMAP account checking every 15 minutes (my ISP's IMAP setting apparently doesn't really do push that I can tell). I do notice that the battery drains noticeably faster while going through the forums on the CB10 app. Other than that, I just do some occasional browsing. I don't stream anything.

I'd love to see a full day's use and still have some juice leftover by bedtime someday.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:23 PM
    I wish I could see this awesome battery life. I got my Z10 at the end of July from AT&T, it updated itself to the 10.1 (2xxx-whatever) that they are still stuck on, loaded several leaks and builds other carriers had over the last few months, and on 10.2.1.1055 now.

My battery life has not changed one single bit with any OS I've loaded so far. I might get 8 or 9 hours if I let it go dead. But I usually plug it into my PC at work in the afternoon. It does, of course, last longer if I don't actually use it, but that's no fun. I do have two email accounts - one an exchange account (syncing the calendar too), and the other an IMAP account checking every 15 minutes (my ISP's IMAP setting apparently doesn't really do push that I can tell). I do notice that the battery drains noticeably faster while going through the forums on the CB10 app. Other than that, I just do some occasional browsing. I don't stream anything.

I'd love to see a full day's use and still have some juice leftover by bedtime someday.

Posted via CB10
    Try this:

1. Turn NFC off.
    2. Go to Advanced settings in wifi and turn search/alert on other wifi off.
    3. Turn wifi off during the day if your not using it.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that. I have a similar set up and run 12-14 hours.

STL-3 Z10 | Rogers | 10.2.1.1055
    12-02-13 10:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you always restore after an upgrade? I had that problem everytime I restored from leaks, so I stopped loading app dat and only do settings now

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:52 PM
    1055 has horrendous battery life for me. Not to mention it's laggy. If it weren't for all the cool features I would have downgraded long ago! It's a small price to pay though

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-02-13 11:08 PM
    Try this:

1. Turn NFC off.

Posted via CB10
    1. I don't use NFC so it's the first thing I turn off after an OS load.
    2. I see "Prompt when saved hotspot is found nearby". Is that what you mean? It is on, but I've never been prompted for anything - it just connects. I'll try turning it off.
    3. I use Wi-Fi at home and work. Only when driving between places (maybe all of 20 minutes) am I strictly on cellular.

Do you always restore after an upgrade? I had that problem everytime I restored from leaks, so I stopped loading app dat and only do settings now

Posted via CB10
    Several of the OS loads I did were without any restore. The others were partial. Didn't seem to make a difference. This last one was a full restore, but I deleted all my contacts and accounts before doing the backup and re-set them up after the restore. My contacts are solely from my work EAS account so that was easy to get back when setting up that account. I found that also solves the dark/light theme settings issue for contacts and calendar. If there's nothing there in the first place during the backup and restore, it won't break it.
    12-03-13 08:41 AM
    1055 has horrendous battery life for me. Not to mention it's laggy. If it weren't for all the cool features I would have downgraded long ago! It's a small price to pay though

Turn off LTE if you're running 1055. It makes a huge difference for me.

The biggest fix in 1803 was in the RF code; they solved a persistent reselect problem that had been causing the phone to not sleep fully under certain conditions. That fix is NOT in 1055.
    12-03-13 09:06 AM
    Yea wait for 10.2.1! This sucker can outlast my note 2 now

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:25 AM
    Try this:

1. Turn NFC off.

Posted via CB10
    Also NFC uses literally zero battery unless you are actively using it

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Have you checked the battery view in the device monitor app? What does your list of power consumers look like?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 10:16 AM
    For those having battery issues:

Turn off location services and traffic collection data in your settings. Same with allowing gestures to unlock the phone.

I guess I've always been lucky. I've NEVER had battery issues. Use my phone lots throughout the day, moderate to heavy usage. Twitter always in active frame, lots of texting, BBM, Whatsapp, CB Forums, light browsing, Facebook, Instagram, banking. I do NOT play any games.

If I take my phone off the charger at 8am, by midnight I'll still have about 25% battery left at the end of the night. Sometimes I may even pass out and keep it off the charger, and not put it on until noon the next day when it hits 5% or so.
    This has been consistent for me throughout all OS leaks, both official and unofficial. Running 10.2.1.1055 and it's been perfect.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:20 PM
    Sounds pretty cool! I'll update my Z10 in the next few days and might switch back to it for some testing. That is hope with the battery life.
    12-03-13 01:43 PM
    Sounds pretty cool! I'll update my Z10 in the next few days and might switch back to it for some testing. That is hope with the battery life.
    The new features are awesome btw.

12-03-13 01:45 PM
    The new features are awesome btw.

Oh dear I'm frustrated. Got my Z10 out of deep sleep and now it is stuck in the boot loop! How horrible. iPhone and Android just charge and start. My Z10 decides to get stuck in a boot loop. Will try to charge battery in charging bundle and pop the full battery in.
    12-08-13 03:41 PM
    Oh dear I'm frustrated. Got my Z10 out of deep sleep and now it is stuck in the boot loop! How horrible. iPhone and Android just charge and start. My Z10 decides to get stuck in a boot loop. Will try to charge battery in charging bundle and pop the full battery in.
    How long has it been booting up?

12-10-13 02:39 PM
    I think some people's poor battery life is due to a massive overload of PIM services.
    I recommend if you want to test, lowering emails sync period from push down to 4 hours for unecessary ones. Basically, if it's not important, take it off push and 15 minutes to something lower than 1 hour. I'm getting stellar battery life.
    And it's worth a test for you.
    12-10-13 03:08 PM
    I disagree. 1055 is horrible on battery. They need to solve the pim svcs issue before battery life gets any better.
    12-10-13 03:13 PM
    Do you mean put it to something over 1 hour? I have mine set to manual and pim is still killing me.
    12-10-13 03:14 PM