I've asked this question before, but it's been a few months, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Are we going to be able to sync by Outlook categories (e.g., sync contacts with category "friends" but do not sync contacts with the "business" category) and see the categories on our phone, both for calendar and contacts?

I haven't seen anything mentioned on Michael's BBM Channel...or on the blog.

For those of you who rely heavily on categories to keep your contacts organized, how are you keeping sane? What are you using instead?

(What about syncing Outlook Notes? If I'm not mistaken there's no way to sync them now)
    08-02-14 01:09 PM
    I'm keeping an eye out for this myself. Lack of support for Outlook categories is one of the last of the bigger issues for me that BlackBerry has yet to address.

Options to not allow any automatic contact linking and custom profiles are some of the other issues I'm waiting for BlackBerry to do something about.

Categories are an issue for me because I sync my Exchange contacts with EAS, and if you edit a contact on the phone, it clears out the category completely from the contact back on the server and, consequently, on my work PC. Kind of a big deal the way we setup our contacts at work.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 02:14 PM
    I'm keeping an eye out for this myself. Lack of support for Outlook categories is one of the last of the bigger issues for me that BlackBerry has yet to address.

Options to not allow any automatic contact linking and custom profiles are some of the other issues I'm waiting for BlackBerry to do something about.

Categories are an issue for me because I sync my Exchange contacts with EAS, and if you edit a contact on the phone, it clears out the category completely from the contact back on the server and, consequently, on my work PC. Kind of a big deal the way we setup our contacts at work.

Posted via CB10
    Me too joeldf - I have so many contacts on my phone right now that I don't want to have on my phone just because I can't exclude them by category. And I don't want to put them in separate lists/folders in MS Outlook - I like to have them in one big list for many reasons.

I'd love to see Notes and Tasks sync too - it's supposed to a productivity/business phone - I don't understand how full syncing with MS Outlook, including categories, can be left out of the mix.
    08-02-14 02:55 PM
    Notes and Tasks works on all BlackBerry 10.x versions.

You just have to open the Remember app to find them. Not very intuitive.

EAS does not support filtering at all so it will be hard to achieve.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 06:05 PM
    Notes and Tasks works on all BlackBerry 10.x versions.

You just have to open the Remember app to find them. Not very intuitive.

EAS does not support filtering at all so it will be hard to achieve.

Posted via CB10
    How are you syncing your notes and Tasks with MS Outlook, @jpvj?

When I go into BlackBerry link on my Desktop the ONLY thing under the sync menu is email and calendar.
    08-04-14 02:19 PM
    Sorry. I don't use BlackBerry Link.

I use an Exchange server.

I don't think synchronization via Link is the way to go in the future. More and more mail solutions are going to the cloud and EAS is the de facto protocol.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 04:17 PM
    Recently got OS10.3.2.2168 and very disappointed to report that BlackBerry STILL does not let us sync our Outlook categories to Contacts. I have visited all kinds of forums, and people have been begging for this for a couple of years. It appears that BlackBerry could not care less. How could any company encourage feedback from its most loyal customers, and just continue to ignore this? To paraphrase Basil Fawlty, "we could run a perfectly good company if it weren't for those pesky customers!"
    07-27-15 04:02 PM
    See what I mean @jjhrad...8 posts total on this thread...and several of them are mine!

I don't know where all the MS Outlook users are.
    07-27-15 04:51 PM
    I'm a big MS Outlook user but don't use categories because it doesn't synchronize with my BlackBerry. I have thousands of notes and tasks that work perfectly with the Remember App.

Unfortunately, contact categories is an attribute not universally implemented on all platforms, so that�s why it may be specific to Outlook. I wish it were possible to create custom fields in Remember, Contacts, etc so that you could sync any info you wanted. This was a feature on the Palm OSes more Ryan a decade ago.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 05:05 PM
    One important tip for Outlook tasks is to create one or more "completed" tasks folders, and then to move completed items into those so that only incomplete tasks show up in BlackBerry Remember. This is also a bit easier than having to hide and display them constantly in Outlook in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 05:11 PM
    Problem is, I don't like the Remember app at all...you can't even search for keywords within the body of the notes...(unless I am missing something...)
    07-27-15 05:15 PM
    I hear what you're saying on Tasks - there are ways and workarounds to make them work somewhat.

All seem very inefficient and time consuming to me...

I want to put a task in outlook, have it reflected somewhat same way in my BB.
    Same with my contacts...

I think the reason I wanted/expected this from BlackBerry is because of the supposed many #s of corporate users who use Outlook and BlackBerry phones, and want their Outlook data to sync with their phone. But I guess there are not as many of those users as I thought.
    07-27-15 05:20 PM