The one big gripe I have with my z10 that I haven't been able to reliably get many of the apps I want without first connecting to wifi. I travel a lot and sometimes in a car service, small jet, or train I don't have access to wifi and cannot download some of the larger apps on BlackBerry World. It's very annoying that you can't get programs, news sources, and games without being connected to wifi. Is there anyway to circumvent this problem in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:04 PM
    It details in BlackBerry World settings, Data limits: any download over 50mb will require wifi active.
    Unless this is changed in a future update, i suspect you are S.O.L.

Posted using BlackBerry Z10
    05-03-13 07:11 PM
    Almost all devices have a 50mb limit it used to be 20mb on iOS4 days

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 07:30 PM
    On one hand, downloading over WiFi only may be an inconvenience. On the other hand, the leeches at Fido love to gouge me for a paltry amount of data. I like that it forces WiFi for large apps that might make some scumbag in Accounts and Billing smile come bill time.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    05-03-13 09:01 PM
    On one hand, downloading over WiFi only may be an inconvenience. On the other hand, the leeches at Fido love to gouge me for a paltry amount of data. I like that it forces WiFi for large apps that might make some scumbag in Accounts and Billing smile come bill time.
    I understand that, but I think we should be given an option. Certain users on unlimited data plans who are on carriers such as T-Mobile or paid full price for the device on Verizon, etc. should be given the choice to remove restrictions on data usage.
    05-04-13 10:39 PM
    I agree it should ultimately be user choice. I however force myself to be on wifi most of the time anyways due to minuscule data amounts. I hate to think what I would be using if I used this phone like I did my old. I did have unlimited back then so it wasn't in an issue.

But yes, where was vi, user choice as long as they are informed.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:10 PM