Why is my Z10 web browser not picking up the mobile version of a website page. Example if I go to citi.com on my Bold 9930 it would redirect to the mobile version of the site. I have also noticed the same thing with other websites. I prefer the mobile version instead of the full version. Is the a setting to request the mobile version?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:51 PM
    Make sure you have "Desktop mode" set to off, to check open the browser go to settings and check under developer
    04-08-13 05:54 PM
    Why is my Z10 web browser not picking up the mobile version of a website page. Example if I go to citi.com on my Bold 9930 it would redirect to the mobile version of the site. I have also noticed the same thing with other websites. I prefer the mobile version instead of the full version. Is the a setting to request the mobile version?

Posted via CB10
    I can't say definitively but I believe it's because the browser is beyond that of what is typically a "mobile" browser. The site you are going to doesn't detect that it's a mobile device. Your best bet is to type in the mobile address and for frequented sites, such as your citi site, save it to your "desktop" for easy access.
    04-08-13 05:54 PM
    Go to settings in your browser and select settings then developers tools and you can select mobile sites.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 05:56 PM
    Make sure you have "Desktop mode" set to off, to check open the browser go to settings and check under developer
    ^This

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-08-13 05:56 PM
    Thanks guys. Yes I have it set to desktop off. And even if I type the mobile web address it still takes me to the full site

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:19 PM
    I have the same issue with citi.com. Now usually I prefer the full page, however on the citi.com page I prefer the mobile page because it loads faster and it is easier to make a payment. This page used to load on my 9810 and it even does on my PB. Not so on the Z10. When I copy and paste the URL from my PB to the Z10, the page just times out.
    04-08-13 06:24 PM
    Hopefully it would get sort out soon

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:43 PM
    It's not BlackBerry's fault. Our browsers are recognized for the high end features they offer. Web site designers need to add a physical option to select the mobile version of sites. I had the same problem with nba.com .

Posted via Crackberry 17 from the year 2019
    04-08-13 06:49 PM
    I just searched for citibank mobile and here is the link. Came up right away without any hesitation.

http://mobile.citibank.co.in/mxweb/L...PhoneNo&app=CW

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 06:58 PM
    I just searched for citibank mobile and here is the link. Came up right away without any hesitation.

http://mobile.citibank.co.in/mxweb/L...PhoneNo&app=CW

Posted via CB10
    That's web address is telling me I have the wrong user id. Maybe because is not a US web address? Idk

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 07:15 PM
    That's web address is telling me I have the wrong user id. Maybe because is not a US web address? Idk

Posted via CB10
    I have no clue. I'm in Canada and thought I'd just google citi's mobile address. I clicked it and up it came. I don't use citi but was trying to see if I could be of any help. Too bad it didn't work......

EDIT - Turns out that was a link to India's web page. My bad... lol
    04-08-13 07:33 PM
    04-08-13 07:40 PM
    04-08-13 07:52 PM
    i happened to ask this to a friend who is an IT dev and he said, that's because the user agent of the website hasn't been updated to include the BB10 browser as a mobile web-enabled browser, hence even though we've typed "m.xxxxx.com" the website still displays that as a desktop version as the user agent thinks the user (us) might have typed the website wrongly on a "desktop" browser.

but the good thing is, that shows how powerful the BB10 browser is! try loading that on the legacy device and you'll like wanna punch the screen
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-08-13 07:56 PM
    After you go to a mobile version of a site your having problems with, just save the mobile page to your home screen/icons in the settings menu. Not a fix but has been a work around.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:28 AM
    Yea I guess I'm gonna have to wait for citi to update their site. Thank you all for the help

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:58 AM
    Oh, don't wait. Contact them and let them know what the issue is. Their webmaster should be able to rectify this problem quite quickly and easily.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-09-13 11:14 AM
    The web developer may need to add a new user-agent tell the website to use the mobile site for the z10, it being a new os. It is most likely on the website side, not a z10 issue.
    04-09-13 11:47 AM
    Still no luck.
    05-16-13 06:32 PM