01-09-14 02:44 AM
29 12
tools
    I have the same message on the blackberry tech support. Here is what I posted.....I have been getting the same thing + 1 friend of mine since that 4181 upgrade. We tried the fix above and it didn't work either on both phones. BBM and email work but MMS doesn't ( sending and receiving) . Looked at few forums with people who has the same issue but it didn't fix it either. I keep getting try this try that. Even my service provider Rogers tech support can't fix it and they want me to do a full wipe out/ reinstall. I heard 10.2.0.424 new OS was coming at the end of Oct or early Nov so I decided to wait for it. Installed the new OS 2 days ago and it didn't fix the problem. But i got a message after the reboot: "an error was found with your media license and has been fixed". I thought that would of been it but the problem remained. I guess I will have to do a full wipe out/ reinstall. It seems from what I have been reading that only the Z10 is affected and not the Q10
    Yep, same here. I was hoping OS 10.2 with a full wipe would fix this... wrong!

Not sure what to do now.
    10-29-13 06:40 PM
    Rogers Z10 - OS 10.2.1.1925 (I have tried multiple OS's ever since OS 10.1 it has had this problem)

My Text Advanced settings are:

Advanced
    SMS
    Allow Special Characters On
    Service Center Address +17057969300
    Routing Preference Circuit Switch Prefered
    Send Text-Only Messages as Automatic
    Retires 3

APN Settings
    APN ltemobile.apn
    Username (blank)
    Password (blank)

Are these the same settings that everyone else has????????

Thanks,

Brian
    01-08-14 08:09 PM
    Rogers Z10 - OS 10.2.1.1925 (I have tried multiple OS's ever since OS 10.1 it has had this problem)

My Text Advanced settings are:

Advanced
    SMS
    Allow Special Characters On
    Service Center Address +17057969300
    Routing Preference Circuit Switch Prefered
    Send Text-Only Messages as Automatic
    Retires 3

APN Settings
    APN ltemobile.apn
    Username (blank)
    Password (blank)

Are these the same settings that everyone else has????????

Thanks,

Brian
    I encountered the problem a while back and referred to http://forums.crackberry.com/rogers-...solved-876473/ to resolve my mms problems. However, to get to those settings, I had to do a security wipe.
    01-08-14 10:11 PM
    Got it working!

Procedure:

1. Backup BlackBerry to BlackBerry Link.. Select Partial Backup and you can select all three options if you would like.
    2. Wipe phone ("Factory Reset" with BlackBerry Link)
    3. Upon phone finishing wipe and starting operating system. Go through the basic startup tutorial. After completing the tutorial test MMS.
    4. To test MMS, Go to HUB, select "Compose", select text, in the "To:" box type your phone number, then click attachments, attach any photo or item on phone or memory card, It will automatically switch the text (SMS) to MMS and click "Send"

If MMS fails "general problem" go to step 5
    If MMS works procede to step 6.

5. Call or go to online chat customer technical support from your carrier. Ask them to do a Network reset to register the device again with the towers. This will require you to pull your battery and reboot phone. Go to step 4 again

6. Upon MMS working, Log into the standard "apps" on your phone and get them set up (BBM, Email accounts, Facebook, etc).
    7. Connect to BlackBerry Link and restore Application Data and Media Data ONLY! I restored Settings as well and it turned out the "bug/corruption" was in the settings file (I had to go back to step 2)
    8. All old settings will be lost and you will have to manually restore them by remembering them. Ex. Wifi logins

Hope that works for you. Too bad there wasn't an easier way.

Brian
    01-09-14 02:44 AM
29 12