Z10 is already out-dated. BBRY really trying to take loyal BB fans for granted? Even my cheapo 2 year old Android phone has WIFI- Direct.

That it does. I guess I missed that bit.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 09:52 PM
    what .? It is because of BB faithfuls like you.. no wonder BBRY is taking everyone for granted. If we loyal fans didn't buy the Z10 BBRY would have gone out of business. Give me one reason why Z10 can't have WIFI direct?

The Z10 works as it should. It was never supposed to get either. They never promissed us it would be there later.

Can't blame the device for something the OS can do but its hardware can't.
    12-30-13 09:56 PM
    what .? It is because of BB faithfuls like you.. no wonder BBRY is taking everyone for granted. If we loyal fans didn't buy the Z10 BBRY would have gone out of business. Give me one reason why Z10 can't have WIFI direct?
    Because the hardware doesn't support it? C'mon guys?

The Z10 was the 1st BB10 device out of the gate. The Q10 arrived almost a quarter later. The hardware isn't identical. Whatever they could pack into the Q10 that was not available or considered when the Z10 went into porduction was added.

It sucks to be an early adopter, we all know that. Early adopters ALWAYS get screwed out of features that comes for newer devices.
    12-30-13 11:34 PM
    I try not to think of the PB. If I think to much about it I usualy nerd rage.

But did they ever say, look guys, we'll add USB OTG on the next Tablet OS release. If they did, they we should castrate every single one of them. I mean. We should complain. A bit.

Luckly it can do USB OTB. On freeing software, did you notice 10.2.1 does not let you delete core stuff anymore?
    The z10? Can it NOW or do we need some software update?

Re: miracast/wifi direct - I did not mean WE remove the software - rim can give the z10 and OS without it and free up space on the z10. It we can't do it, why waste space on a machine that can't do it. Yeah, I know, they have $$$ problems but remove the module - how hard?
    ihys likes this.
    12-30-13 11:35 PM
    My comment was a sidenote, F2...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:15 AM
    The z10? Can it NOW or do we need some software update?
    I'm thinking we need a hardware update for that lol

Was looking forward to Wifi Direct, because my mom's Galaxy Win has that and no NFC. Oh well, hope we get to free the storage that was reserved for it in the OS at least

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 01:13 AM
31 12