Too bad the tiles freeze when minimized. The option on playbook to have things running "visually" while tiled is very cool (showcase mode)....especially for showing off multi-tasking. Most will think that their app is frozen based on the static image when minimized on the Z.
    Last edited by cwoodffr; 02-17-13 at 09:20 AM.
    02-16-13 08:10 AM
    Does the Z10 have the options like the PB to set it to default or showcase?
    02-17-13 08:48 AM
    I dont think theres a showcase mode
    02-17-13 08:59 AM
    I've been trying to figure this one out too.

When you minimize apps, they "freeze" as in, they dont actually carry on with the "task", contradicting the whole "multi-task" / "people on the go" / "people who do" etc

Example 1) Load a large website, minimize app to an active frame, it will not finish loading the page, almost pauses until you re-open it.

Example 2) Open a game, minimize to active frame, the game will pause its loading at whatever % you minimize at, when you come back to it, it will resume loading.

Preference) I'd like to be able to start a task on an app, minimize, open other app, do what I got to do, come back to the previous app, and not have to wait. Just like on a desktop, I will open up my browser, let it open my fixed tabs, whilst in the background I'm signing in to Skype, and my Outlook is sync'ing emails etc.

Playbook seems to handle all this fine
    02-17-13 09:07 AM
    I had the term wrong...meant showcase on the pb. If we are running the same core OS...one would assume its possible. One infers from the frozen state that it is no different than an iphone in this regard....no background processing. Even the Accuweather that has a nicely formatted minimized output does not update over time while minimized! Not so active tiles.
    02-17-13 09:16 AM