Mini speaker $49 at the source Canada!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:28 PM
    06-18-13 02:32 PM
    figures. I just got one new off ebay last week. ah well I only paid 65-70 total tho
    06-18-13 02:35 PM
    thats not a bad price....
    06-18-13 03:07 PM
    Ah nuts! I paided $69.99 for mine from The Source about 2 months ago.

Works like charm.

You can use it as an external speaker for music, like in a hotel room when traveling.
    You can use it as an external speaker in your car for navigation, and free the car speakers for music.
    You can use it as a Bluetooth connection between your Blackberry smartphone and home audio system, with a cable from the output on the Blackberry Mini Stereo Speakers to the auxiliary input at the back of your audio system.
    bluetroll likes this.
    06-18-13 03:27 PM
    How is the audio quality guys?
    CNET review says it's "tinny" and lacks any bass whatsoever.
    Also Microphone quality for phonecalls over Bluetooth not great.
    Is this true in your opinion?
    06-18-13 04:04 PM
    Has anyone found them anywhere else where they price match? I'd like to pick one up but i'd rather get it anywhere but the source..
    06-18-13 04:06 PM
    How long does the battery last?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:19 PM
    What's funny is that even with my 30% employee discount off the sale price, I still won't buy it.

It sounds TERRIBLE.

Seriously guys, the sound is so tinny it's nuts. Even though our sale price is good, I can't in good conscience recommend it, quality wise.

Just_luc, it's being sold under cost so finding a price match may be an issue as usually a retailer won't match if it takes them below cost. Sorry you seem to have such a poor opinion of the company as my location tries to go above and beyond to help customers and have regulars because of the lack of service at the chains in my city.

Posted via CB10
    tw1g_007 likes this.
    06-18-13 05:31 PM
    What's funny is that even with my 30% employee discount off the sale price, I still won't buy it.

It sounds TERRIBLE.

Seriously guys, the sound is so tinny it's nuts. Even though our sale price is good, I can't in good conscience recommend it, quality wise.

Just_luc, it's being sold under cost so finding a price match may be an issue as usually a retailer won't match if it takes them below cost. Sorry you seem to have such a poor opinion of the company as my location tries to go above and beyond to help customers and have regulars because of the lack of service at the chains in my city.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Really nice of you to give such an honest review on the product you sell. We need more people like you in this business.

Thanks.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    anon(5928073) and reeneebob like this.
    06-18-13 06:28 PM

It sounds TERRIBLE.

Posted via CB10
    It's not the service that's the problem, it's the way the company treats you employees. I was management there for almost 10 years, each year was progressively worse until I just couldn't stand the way I had to treat front line employees on their behalf.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    06-18-13 06:32 PM
    Why oh why does it only come in white?

Posted via CB10
    just_luc and BergerKing like this.
    06-18-13 06:41 PM
    For a speaker that fits in the palm of your hand it sounds great. EQ the bass a little higher even better.

On my Apple iPod I use the 'Small Speaker' EQ setting.
    On my BlackBerry Z10 I use Neutron Music Player with the EQ set so the bass is boosted, and trebles is reduced.

For a Bluetooth speaker with a full sound, one the size of a shoe box is needed. But is someone would want a Bluetooth speaker that easily fits in your pocket, the BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker is one of the best on the market.
    06-18-13 07:04 PM
    I bought one for hands free in the car, and one for my living room stereo. Looking forward to test them out.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 08:34 PM
    Picked one up after seeing mention of the sale in this thread (thanks!) .. Just fine for listening to the ball game on MLB At Bat, or very low volume music. It's obviously not meant to be a high fidelity music player, but for the size, it performs as you'd expect (not terrible, just small)
    06-18-13 08:51 PM
    Does it come in black or white only?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:04 PM
    White only.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:13 PM
    If you guys are interested in spending a few extra bucks, the Beats Pill works like a charm with the Z10. NFC works like a charm and the conference calling is a breeze. Although the thing set me back 200$ they are amazing.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:18 PM
    If you guys are interested in spending a few extra bucks, the Beats Pill works like a charm with the Z10. NFC works like a charm and the conference calling is a breeze. Although the thing set me back 200$ they are amazing.
    NFC? What would you use NFC with an external speaker for?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:27 PM
    I bought this http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...t=8004082after testing both of them out in store I found that this one was louder and had better bass.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-18-13 10:47 PM
    Lumute, that is the initial hook up. Just tap the speakers and you're connected.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 10:53 PM
    I bought this http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...t=8004082after testing both of them out in store I found that this one was louder and had better bass.

Oops.

The requested product can not be found
    06-18-13 10:56 PM
    Oops.

The requested product can not be found
    http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=8004082
    Does this one work.

06-18-13 11:12 PM
    Those little head rush ones have really decent sound...they've sold really well.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:37 PM
    I think it sounds pretty good myself. What do expect for a mini sized speaker that costs 49 to 69 dollars depending on the day you buy it? It also can double as a speaker phone and a hands-free unit in the car since it has the builtin microphone. I've not tried that feature yet though.
    I tried finding that bass boost setting and could not which is really frustrating because I happened across it just a couple days ago. Where the heck is that?
    06-19-13 12:00 AM
39 12