Hi guys, I just bought my BB Z10, I am enjoying it, but I am facing a problem, when I make calls to people, they hear me too low. They are always complaining about it, which i decided to check it and clearly my voice was too low that i barely hear myself. When i am on speaker phone, my voice is perfect clear or if i use any headset, people hear me perfectly. So i need help on this matter, what should I do? Is there any way of fixing it? Like turn it up the volume anything. Thanks in advance.
    02-21-14 02:04 PM
    Check out the free Blackberry Virtual Expert. It can run a series of tests including the mic.

You might have a hardware issue. Have you tried calling yourself on an answering machine? Not covering the mic hole with finger or case?
    02-21-14 05:03 PM
    I haven't try to run a BlackBerry virtual expert. I don't know where to find the tool. About calling myself yes I did, but it still the same. I am thinking on updating it to 10.2.1 cuz I am using version 10.1.0. Do you think it might help????? I don't have any case on or when calling to people I do not cover the mic hole, and in fact I tried to blow it to see if there was any kind of dirt (dust) but no solution. Any other ways???????
    02-21-14 11:10 PM
    you can find the virtual expert in BlackBerry World. As for updating yes you should definitely update. I can't say of it'll make a difference or not for your problem because we don't know as yet if it's a hardware fault or a software but going from 10.1 to 10.2.1 would improving everything remarkably as it is and give you many new and improved features. Trying doing that after everything checks out with the virtual expert so you know it's not a hardware fault

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:46 PM
    Just do a search on BlackBerry World and you'll find the virtual expert. One thing that came to mind was that if you have done a search on BlackBerry World and haven't found it then maybe the virtual expert isn't compatible with 10.1 since it's technically a very early os version. I could be wrong on this but just saying. If you don't see it in the BlackBerry World and just update your os and then try everything

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:49 PM
    Thanks guys, I downloaded the BB Virtual expert and the tests were Ok, no problem was found during it. but it is still speaking too low. I dont know what to do. And again i am facing another problem, when i try to update my Z10 Software to 10.2.1 it downloads it up to 16% and pops up an error saying that an error has occurred while downloading the software. It is always like that. I am trying it all they long. it has been now 4 days trying. what about now? any ideas??????? Thanks in advance. Oh my model is STL 100-1
    02-22-14 03:13 AM
    You might have a hardware problem.

You can visit the Leak subforum here on Crackberry and find Autoloaders for the version of 10.2.1.xxxx that you need for that specific device. They are a large download but once on your computer, installation is easier. Good luck
    02-22-14 09:16 AM
    Thanks. I will try downloading it. Have a blessed day!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:17 AM
    BTW do I need to wipe my Z10 first before or just having the current OS 10.1 running?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:08 AM
    BTW do I need to wipe my Z10 first before or just having the current OS 10.1 running?

Posted via CB10
    Some people recommend wiping. I have not done wiped. From posting here, wiping can take anywhere from an hour to 6-8 hours.
    nanapabb likes this.
    02-23-14 11:37 AM
    Ok.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 02:15 PM
    If possible I'd like to have your PIN just in case I have any dough seems that you are experienced enough in this matter. If you don't mind

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 02:17 PM
    If possible I'd like to have your PIN just in case I have any dough seems that you are experienced enough in this matter. If you don't mind

Posted via CB10
    Just post here on in the OS subforum. There are plenty of very helpful and knowledgeable members. I might be out hiking or skiing or sleeping and others can also help.
    02-23-14 03:06 PM
    Great!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:37 PM
    Hi guys, I just bought my BB Z10, I was having fun, in the first three days i left the phone for updating as the internet was bit slow. later on when i started using with simcard, i found that when I make calls or receive calls people don't hear me, but their voice is clear, initially i thought it's a network issue but later on i found that this problem persists only with my new Z10. When i switch to speaker phone, my voice is perfect clear and even the headset doesn't work for calls and for Media.
    I Tried BLACKBERRY VIRTUAL EXPERT but even there the test happens on speaker. Kindly Help it's a new phone for me i am really upset with Blackberry.
    03-28-14 02:31 PM
    Hi guys, I just bought my BB Z10, I was having fun, in the first three days i left the phone for updating as the internet was bit slow. later on when i started using with simcard, i found that when I make calls or receive calls people don't hear me, but their voice is clear, initially i thought it's a network issue but later on i found that this problem persists only with my new Z10. When i switch to speaker phone, my voice is perfect clear and even the headset doesn't work for calls and for Media.
    I Tried BLACKBERRY VIRTUAL EXPERT but even there the test happens on speaker. Kindly Help it's a new phone for me i am really upset with Blackberry.
    I would not be happy if a new phone had problems but sometimes it does happen. Visit your carrier and get a replacement if it does not pass the Virtual Expert tests.
    03-28-14 03:51 PM