I am using this micro sdxc 64gb sandisk class 10 card since os 10.0.0.90. And on that os it formated it in fat 32 because exfat doesn't existed yet in that os.

But in this os 10.2.1 exfat is supported soooo should i reformat it to exfat?
    Does it have any benefits from fat32?

Does it helps maybe in terms of battery ??

Also if i reformat it in the device will it standard format into exfat or should i make it exfat in the computer??
    02-07-14 01:19 PM
    All great questions. Subscribed waiting for opinions.
    02-07-14 01:22 PM
    exFAT Versus FAT32 Versus NTFS | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial

And I've read on a few sites where the exfat file system is a little faster than fat32 - at least on larger volumes. Perhaps 64gb classifies as larger?
    02-07-14 02:04 PM
    I am using this micro sdxc 64gb sandisk class 10 card since os 10.0.0.90. And on that os it formated it in fat 32 because exfat doesn't existed yet in that os.

But in this os 10.2.1 exfat is supported soooo should i reformat it to exfat?
    Does it have any benefits from fat32?

Does it helps maybe in terms of battery ??

Also if i reformat it in the device will it standard format into exfat or should i make it exfat in the computer??
    exFAT is not yet supported. NTFS is. If you reformat your SD card, using your device, NTFS is what it will auto-format to.
    02-07-14 02:25 PM
    Interesting question - I believe there are some file size limitations with FAT32 (I think anything over 4GB you might have trouble with - I have certain movies I couldn't copy onto the card in FAT32), not sure if this is the case with exFAT.
    02-07-14 02:25 PM
    exFAT is not yet supported. NTFS is. If you reformat your SD card, using your device, NTFS is what it will auto-format to.
    Well in this link it clearly says that exFat IS supported from 10.2.1
    All new BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 is here! See what it has to offer along Android goodness : BBin – India 's Best BlackBerry Community
    02-07-14 03:05 PM
    Great questions and great catch on the advertising for 10.2.1.537. I do not know the answers to your questions, but let the community know 'cause I have one of those cards, formatted fat32, in my phone. I would love to hear if reformatting makes a difference.
    02-07-14 03:22 PM
    Currently i found this interesting:
    ExFAT is well optimized for flash drives, like USB drives, memory cards and SSDs, 32 KB clusters are more suitable for chips with large blocks and limits the wear of the chips. Finally, access permissions and date management in file properties is more efficient and a finer time granularity (exFAT has an accuracy of 10 ms, FAT32 is limited to two seconds). Main problems of exFAT, is related to its licensing policy with Microsoft exFAT and it is not exactly an open source technology. It requires royalties payment to Microsoft for integration into an operating system (mobile devices such as digital cameras, do not require royalties).

So in fact blackberry is paying for exfat to microsoft.
    This sunday i will be reformatting my card and report back. Since blackberry is paying why not use the technology.
    The main thing that interests me is if os 10.2.1 can handle exfat much better than fat32 and if it is optimized for exfat so that it costs less battery or something??
    I cant find anything about that os 10.2.1 is optimized for better performance with exfat than fat32
    02-07-14 04:18 PM