I set up my Z10 with my work exchange account and my personal gmail account. Many of my contacts are on BOTH accounts. Is there any way to merge duplicate contacts on the device?
    02-06-13 02:34 PM
    You are able to go through contacts and merge them individually.

Click on a duplicate, on the bottom it will say "Links"...click it and then "add Link"...click on the other contact of the same person.
    02-06-13 02:44 PM
    Yes, it is the same process as the contacts on the PlayBook. You can link several contacts into one contact.
    02-06-13 02:51 PM
    what they said. lol.

was there a way NOT to merge my facebook contacts? because I must have missed it and now I have to delete a whole bunch of contacts on my phone
    02-06-13 02:59 PM
    what they said. lol.

was there a way NOT to merge my facebook contacts? because I must have missed it and now I have to delete a whole bunch of contacts on my phone
    You reffering to seeing your Facebook friends in your Contact book? From the Contacts app, swipe down from top and hit settings. From there, you can decide what accounts sync to your Contact book.
    02-06-13 03:17 PM
    Thanks for the responses! Merging hundreds of duplicate contacts could be rather time consuming... note to developers: i'd be willing to pay if there was an app for that! Or even better, if it was built into the os.

Otherwise, I might just have one of my contact lists sync to my contact book instead of both. Now that I think about it, I think I had the same problem on my 9700 and ended up having only one of the contact lists syncing to the device.
    02-06-13 03:56 PM
    You can also choose which contact list you want to view, not just which ones you don't want shown. From within the Contacts app, press the All button in the lower left corner and it should bring up a list of all your different contact lists lol from there you can choose to just view one or all. This way you still all of your contacts available and can choose which to display.
    02-07-13 11:57 AM