Hi everyone, Merry Christamas.

My Z10 memory seems to be full but I am not sure why????

My Videos are only 11.5mb - pictures are only 27.9mb - documents 193.8mb and music 978.9mb and I hardly have any apps but it says other data 12gb? Does anyone know what is swollowing up my menory as it is the same knid of story on my memory card.

Thank you for any help on this.
    Last edited by zakcooper40; 12-23-13 at 05:16 AM.
    12-23-13 05:02 AM
    That seems very strange to me. First off I would clear browser cache and history etc, then restart the phone. See if that frees up memory.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 06:44 AM
    Thanks, I will try that now.
    12-23-13 07:09 AM
    That seems very strange to me. First off I would clear browser cache and history etc, then restart the phone. See if that frees up memory.

Posted via CB10

I had the same problem with my Z10, tried what you said worked for phone memory but not my card. I had a 64gb card 62.6gb locked out with other. could not access from my phone, so tried to encrypt no go, unencrypt or whatever no go. I then tried to reformet, erase, back and forth, no go. Took it out and tried see what it was on my laptop I could only view thing I put on from my phone (music, videos, etc.) so I saved them to my laptop and tried to reformat from there, came up protected. Very frustrating because it was a new card and formated upon install. I ended up removing it for good untill I hear of a way to fix it.
    12-23-13 07:23 AM
    One other thing maybe. I find that if I delete a lot off my sd card then it still shows up sometimes as 'other data'.

I do a phone re-start weekly anyway just like my office PC, it sorts most issues out. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 07:52 AM
    checked and found out that the android player duplicates files saved to the android folder and that causes the phone to use double its usual saved memory
    12-23-13 11:48 AM
    I had the same problem with my Z10, tried what you said worked for phone memory but not my card. I had a 64gb card 62.6gb locked out with other. could not access from my phone, so tried to encrypt no go, unencrypt or whatever no go. I then tried to reformet, erase, back and forth, no go. Took it out and tried see what it was on my laptop I could only view thing I put on from my phone (music, videos, etc.) so I saved them to my laptop and tried to reformat from there, came up protected. Very frustrating because it was a new card and formated upon install. I ended up removing it for good untill I hear of a way to fix it.
    That's odd that you can not format it. It doesn't have some strange switch on it like 3.5 floppies?
    12-23-13 11:52 AM
    That's odd that you can not format it. It doesn't have some strange switch on it like 3.5 floppies?
    Alot of SD cards do in fact have a "Lock" switch, usually on the side of it. Definitely the first thing I would check. Although I'm not sure if a micro would have one, could I guess.
    12-23-13 12:24 PM
    checked and found out that the android player duplicates files saved to the android folder and that causes the phone to use double its usual saved memory
    CAUTION!!!

It is NOT actually duplicating those files. It creates what folks call symbolic links kind of like shortcuts. So while the links take up some memory, they do not really duplicate the files. And they are NOT dupes - if you erase the versions in the Android storage area (misc), you will wind up erasing your REAL files, too. You will lose files.
    12-23-13 12:34 PM
    Alot of SD cards do in fact have a "Lock" switch, usually on the side of it. Definitely the first thing I would check. Although I'm not sure if a micro would have one, could I guess.
    Interesting. I just looked at the SD CARD adapter that came with my 64gig micro sd card. It does have a slider switch on it. I don't think the micro's have that.
    12-23-13 12:45 PM
    Interesting. I just looked at the SD CARD adapter that came with my 64gig micro sd card. It does have a slider switch on it. I don't think the micro's have that.
    Yeah, i'm thinking the micros don't. I know all of my full sizes ones do have a lock switch though.
    12-23-13 12:46 PM
    This is from downloading a large movie type file from bbworld. The cache gets stored as "other data" and doesn't get erased. I have confirmed this, with a freshly wiped z10, and the only actions taken were to progress through tutorial, then sign in to bbID, then download a couple movies. The 4th movie downloaded filled the device. If i repeat and save to a 64gb card.... I can be at 50% full with 3 or 4 movies as well.
    12-24-13 02:31 PM
    This is from downloading a large movie type file from bbworld. The cache gets stored as "other data" and doesn't get erased. I have confirmed this, with a freshly wiped z10, and the only actions taken were to progress through tutorial, then sign in to bbID, then download a couple movies. The 4th movie downloaded filled the device. If i repeat and save to a 64gb card.... I can be at 50% full with 3 or 4 movies as well.
    I've now read about this issue/error in another thread. That is really bad and/or irritating as it can take hours to copy 30-40-50 gigs off the card, format or otherwise clean up the card and then copy your 30-50 gigs back to the card.

I wonder if anyone has brought this to BB's attention.
    12-24-13 03:43 PM
    I'm having the same issue, it started with these 99cent movies lol and free to boot. Sure hope someone can figure out a fix
    Even after I took a card out and removed the movies it still says it's full.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 05:56 PM
    I wonder if running a chkdsk on the card would reveal the "lost fragments" and allow their deletion???
    12-24-13 06:50 PM
    I just checked my card of the six movies supposed to of been downloaded and filling up a 64 gb card. Only two actually are, and apparently because I just upgraded to the latest leak, I can't even open them, sigh. Help.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:51 PM
    The same thing was puzzling me a few months ago.
    I went on a deleting spree. Come to find out. my voice notes and memos (remember) were taking up the bulk of my internal space. Check those out and see if that helped.
    12-24-13 10:05 PM
    If only my bank account could do that too...

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 10:19 PM
    I don't have voice notes etc

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 11:41 PM