So I woke up this morning confused because the default tone sounded to wake me up. I then went to check why in my alarm app. When I tried adding music the folder was empty. All of my music is on my memory card so I then went to to file manager to find tye screenshot below. It's happened before and to fix it all I have to do it restart my Z10 but I shouldn't have to! Does anyone know how to fix it?
    Memory Card Gone Blank-img_00000529.png

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:32 AM
    Never seen this before! Maybe try a new sd card before ruling a device issue out

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    06-16-13 07:35 AM
    I'm already using one of the best - a SanDisk Ultra. So it's a memory card problem then? Not my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:36 AM
    Can't say for certain. What os are you running? Trying a different memory card would rule out the phone if it suddenly "works"

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    06-16-13 08:12 AM
    Can you take the card out and put it into your computer to see if the data might still be there? That would help rule out a phone problem. Also try to re-seat the card and hard boot. (the 30 second thing)
    ruhban likes this.
    06-16-13 08:19 AM
    It's not actually blank. I haven't this happen to me from time to time. Reboot the phone and wait a couple minutes for the indexing and the files will be back to viewable. Pain in the **** though no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    06-16-13 08:33 AM
    You can always pop it in the computer and just do a repair really quickly. I actually make a habit of reformatting my card once every few months. Keeps everything smooth.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    06-16-13 03:04 PM
    Can you take the card out and put it into your computer to see if the data might still be there? That would help rule out a phone problem. Also try to re-seat the card and hard boot. (the 30 second thing)
    Every time I perform a standard restart it seems to be fine but this shouldn't happen in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:35 PM
    It's not actually blank. I haven't this happen to me from time to time. Reboot the phone and wait a couple minutes for the indexing and the files will be back to viewable. Pain in the **** though no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I do but why does it happen in thr first place? I shouldn't have to reboot a phone that is so media-based to get the bloody memory card working. It even used to happen on my old 9900.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:36 PM
    You can always pop it in the computer and just do a repair really quickly. I actually make a habit of reformatting my card once every few months. Keeps everything smooth.

Posted via CB10
    I might have to join you and reformat it.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:37 PM
    Keep in mind that these cards have limited read/write cycles. I get a new card every 18 months and cycle the old one to a different device I don't rely on as much. I've just run into serious problems with sd's. Just be careful, back it up and keep good habits. All you can do.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:16 AM
    No worries, it happened to me once in awhile and my card is a SanDisk Ultra that is very recently purchased. A quick test in computer and another phone ruled out defect, so the possible explanation is the crappy OS or what people around here like to call, a still growing and has enormous potential which has few "hiccups" that you should ignore OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:49 AM
    No worries, it happened to me once in awhile and my card is a SanDisk Ultra that is very recently purchased. A quick test in computer and another phone ruled out defect, so the possible explanation is the crappy OS or what people around here like to call, a still growing and has enormous potential which has few "hiccups" that you should ignore OS.

Posted via CB10
    K... I've never had a problem with my media card on this phone, I was referring to previous devices, blackberry and other. media cards themselves can be very fickle. I let a galaxy 3 die while playing a video a while back (like an *****) and had to a reformat.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:11 AM