Hi:

Have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help with.

How do I tell the z10 to save to media card (currently it's saving to device).

How do I access picture on the device? I tried to plug to pc (turned on Access to Storage ...USB) but it I can only access what is on the device viz Link. I want to use an instance of Explorer; same as I do when viewing media card (though I plug the media card in via a usb card reader)

TIA
    05-03-13 10:16 PM
    Saving to non default locations is coming with OS 10.1, so keep an eye out for that.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:27 PM
    Funny, back on 10.0 whenever I would open a media app for the 1st time, it would notice the SD card and prompt me if I wanted to make saving to the card default.

Oh, here it is (seems I didn't launch the camera app since the update):

Media Card / View items on device-img_00000024.jpg

What I do here: a) make sure I move all screenshots to the SD; b) leave BB Link open. That way, it allows Windows to see both the SD and the device memory as Mapped Drives that I can access at will.

Provided the PC and Z10 are on the same WiFi network, that is.

And welcome to the forums.
    05-03-13 10:34 PM
    diegonei, thanks but my camera has been well used & it hasn't asked me that question.

But thanks to your post, at 6:10 in the a.m., after some coffee, I had the bright idea to open the camera & see if there were "settings", & of course, there are! The first option "save pictures on media card" OFF. I have turned on! Not sure how it got turned off but hopefully this helps. It's so much easier to get the photo's off using a usb media card adapter, than using link. Do not care much for link... desktop worked better.

Thanks so much for the help!

So now the other quesiton: can the things on the device (pictures, music etc.) be accessed as though this were a media card & using an instance of explorer, rather than using LINK? I tried last night but couldn't get it to work
    05-04-13 05:16 AM
    So now the other quesiton: can the things on the device (pictures, music etc.) be accessed as though this were a media card & using an instance of explorer, rather than using LINK? I tried last night but couldn't get it to work

& I might add, I've tried a few times but it seems like it's just not possible. This is part of the z10 I'm not happy about, in the least. & it's too similar to that apple crap & its itunes where you HAVE to use link/itunes.
    gr
    05-04-13 05:18 AM