Media card locked-img_00000839.png

Went into my file manager to pull up a spreadsheet I use to help close out my day at work and my media card wasn't listed. I manage a Valet stand and do a lot of running with my Z10 in my pocket. On a couple of occasions the media card worked itself loose. I reinserted the media card and it gave me a message saying that it was locked!

I didn't lock it In the 1st place and can't seem to find a way to unlock it. I am looking for any suggestions.

I used this card in my curve and I have never used encryption one the curve or Z10. I recently filled it up and had to delete and move some items to to make way for a movie I downloaded from BBW. When I connect to link I still can't access it.

I plan on getting a bigger one soon, but would like get my stuff off of it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 01:32 AM
    You can get an adapter that can make it a thumb drive that can plug into a computer's usb port. You can try that and see if you can read it. I don't know - does that little card have a slider lock? My camera's regular sdcard (not the micro for phone) does have a physical slider switch that can protect the card. One possibility might be that the card was not making good contact when a read or write instruction to the card occurred causing a fault.

Good luck
    12-04-13 08:51 AM
    Thanks F2,

I was hoping that there was a way to unlock it, which is what I would still prefer to do. If all else fails there I may look at the adapter option.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 09:56 PM
    Turn on mass storage in storage and access and plug it into your computer. It might read it letting you move your stuff to the computer.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 12:51 AM
    Thanks, unfortunately I already tried that. It isn't giving me the option to turn on mass storage. It tells me that the media card isn't recognized.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:29 PM
    Figure this out? Mine is locked too. It wont read\detect in any other device\computer...
    02-22-14 02:36 PM