No one is listening, are they?
    sklotz2000 and BionicKris like this.
    04-25-13 02:05 AM
    It's more like switching from a Cadillac to the new tesla model, not bad just different and new.

Posted via CB10
    I meant if you go back to a 6.0 phone...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:05 AM
    To me, this sounds like someone who doesn't want to evolve. No offence, but if RIM decided they would stay the way they were, they'd be dead. Truth hurts. I hope you eventually understand that.
    Come on now, time for you to evolve, it is BlackBerry not RIM...

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) and BionicKris like this.
    04-25-13 02:13 AM
    We humans are tied to our habits. Change is stressful.

At first I was sorry I had sold my 9810. Buy the superior performance of the Z10 and ability to view full Web pages won me over. The software updates will fix the little things. I am surprised, given how long the 10 was delayed, that these little things had not already been addressed.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:42 AM
    BlackBerry was screwed no matter what they did. Keep the status quo and fail as a company, or finally evolve to compete and deal with a group of loyalists who are annoyed that things changed.

BlackBerry did the impossible and got me back after leaving for android. The old 9900 certainly didn't. What were they supposed to do? I think that if they get back 3 former users for every 1 loyalist that throws a fit, BlackBerry will gladly take the loss.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:43 AM
    OP is not alone, I'm back on my 9900 too mainly for email issues and increased data usage while actually using the phone less.
    04-25-13 02:45 AM
    Ugh, another one of these (I'd rather be on pre OS 10). I've been a BB user since 07 and frankly, I don't miss a thing about it. The small amount of features from pre OS 7 that I may miss don't compare to the performance and ability of OS 10.

A trackpad, really? It's like learning to ride a bike and keeping the training wheels on. The only reason I used the track pad on my 9850 bc the screen was too small, pinch to zoom was laggy, etc.

Option to delete email on device only? This feature I used .001% mainly bc I wanted to save space on my phone.

Sorry the phone didn't work out for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 03:57 AM
    With you all the way. Trying so hard to like the phone - been a BB user for 12 years and have never even had to visit here to figure out stuff. On my 4th handset and 2nd SIM card. Have to come here every day to find solutions to stuff. The basics just aren't there. Everything I try to do is buggy. Latest message 'There was an unexpected error and the operation was cancelled' - it's taken me 15 mins to just change a single setting on Gmail - which I only have because I can't have a back-up-able calendar like I was used to. And because there's no push email for Yahoo, I'm having to contemplate switching my whole personal email system to Gmail.

Ignore the flamers. The degree of fanboy worship on this site is fascinating from a psychological perspective, but ultimately if everyone who finds the Z10 doesn't work for them gets their heads bitten off, Blackberry will lose customer after customer.
    04-25-13 04:17 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Q10 sounds like the best choice for the op ....
    04-25-13 04:26 AM
    With you all the way. Trying so hard to like the phone - been a BB user for 12 years and have never even had to visit here to figure out stuff. On my 4th handset and 2nd SIM card. Have to come here every day to find solutions to stuff. The basics just aren't there. Everything I try to do is buggy. Latest message 'There was an unexpected error and the operation was cancelled' - it's taken me 15 mins to just change a single setting on Gmail - which I only have because I can't have a back-up-able calendar like I was used to. And because there's no push email for Yahoo, I'm having to contemplate switching my whole personal email system to Gmail.

Ignore the flamers. The degree of fanboy worship on this site is fascinating from a psychological perspective, but ultimately if everyone who finds the Z10 doesn't work for them gets their heads bitten off, Blackberry will lose customer after customer.
    Well this IS a fan boy site. If it was the BlackBerry Forums then I would be concerned about it being a fan boy site...but it is not so stop saying that CrackBerry.com is a fan boy site.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-25-13 11:47 AM
    Well this IS a fan boy site. If it was the BlackBerry Forums then I would be concerned about it being a fan boy site...but it is not so stop saying that CrackBerry.com is a fan boy site.

Confusing post is confusing.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:18 PM
    I know everyone has different preferences and priorities, but I came from a 9800 and haven't once felt the urge to take it out of the drawer it now lives in. I kind of cringe, thinking about having to use it again...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:00 PM
    Sounds like you are too stubborn to learn.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    04-25-13 02:06 PM
    Had a 9800 previously too. Don't miss it at all. Z10 all the way for me. Sorry you didn't like it.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    04-25-13 02:08 PM
    BlackBerry was screwed no matter what they did. Keep the status quo and fail as a company, or finally evolve to compete and deal with a group of loyalists who are annoyed that things changed.

BlackBerry did the impossible and got me back after leaving for android. The old 9900 certainly didn't. What were they supposed to do? I think that if they get back 3 former users for every 1 loyalist that throws a fit, BlackBerry will gladly take the loss.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. Mark this date on your calendar -- I have to agree with everything you've said. (Sshhhhhh -- don't tell the pantless one!!!)

There's no way BB could have done both. But I do think that by and large the dissatisfied loyalists are outnumbered by the win-overs from other platforms such as yourself. I'm one of that other group, the BB loyalists who are very happy with the results.

Oh, and welcome back.
    reeneebob and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-25-13 02:21 PM
    Some of you're hangups are going to be addressed in 10.1 ( such as pasting phone numbers and easier to use text selection)

I also don't really understand how swiping down the screen to turn on bedside mode can be considered a 10-step process.

As for a phone button. I do think it would be nice to be able to set the voice command button that's in between the volume buttons to whatever function we like. But as it is I really don't find swiping up to get out of any program then pressing the phone icon on the home screen all that taxing.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:30 PM
    Wow. Mark this date on your calendar -- I have to agree with everything you've said. (Sshhhhhh -- don't tell the pantless one!!!)

There's no way BB could have done both. But I do think that by and large the dissatisfied loyalists are outnumbered by the win-overs from other platforms such as yourself. I'm one of that other group, the BB loyalists who are very happy with the results.

Oh, and welcome back.
    Why thank you. Like a comfortable favorite sweatshirt it feels nice to be in a Blackberry and be happy with it.

And I won't tell the Penguin, no worries lol

Now I have to try to resist the urge to update to the new leaked os...I was doing so well!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 04:55 PM
    As a long-time BB user, and current 9810 user, I can understand OP's qualms...

I agree with one poster's comment about upgrading to the 9810 vs. sticking with the 9800 - the speed increase is noticeable.

Suggestion - while you're waiting, buy a 9810 on the second-hand market....

(I know, I know, QNX on LTE is faster - but IF you have to roll back, why roll back to 2 generations to OS 6 and 3G? The 9810 with OS 7.1 has some good stuff and with H+ [HSPA], dual core CPU and more memory, it IS faster).

Finally, as much as I want a Z10 for all of that great screen goodness, the tantalizing hints (outlined in a recent blog posting here on CB) of a possible BB10 slider (with most if not all of the Z10 real estate PLUS keyboard) has me pondering delaying the upgrade for a while...

For many people using the older keyboard-based BB's, the Q10 is a natural progression.

Those of us who are greedy <guilty!>, and want screen size AND physical keyboard will be the market for a future slider... Sooner the better.

Cheers!
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-25-13 05:10 PM
    I'm back the 9800 due to water damage on my Z10. Hate this phone. I can't wait until my Zed has been rapaired.
    04-25-13 05:14 PM
    My previous BB had a trackball. I hated it even compared to my even older device that had the trackwheel on the side. The Z10 is light years ahead of any of my previous phones.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    04-25-13 05:17 PM
    From an evolutionary perspective, I think BlackBerry did a great job. Senseless to take away tools that people were used too with an promise to put it back. It's a fabulous handset. The OS needs work and sync needs to be restored for me to give a passing grade. We suffer every day from that shortfall. It can't start perfect but I hope their target is far beyond where it is today.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    04-25-13 05:24 PM
    Ugh OP. You should at least upgrade the 9800 (OS 6 Torch 3G) to a 9810 (OS 7 Torch HSPA+) . Way faster too.

I wish, but everyone wants $100+ for their 9810.
    04-25-13 05:49 PM
    my z10 won't play a .mid sound.

I can't believe this.

all my old school Nintendo and Atari midi ringers are useless on this thing.

I just don't get it.
    Are you serious?! That's your beef with the phone?! 2004 called, they want there hockey night in Canada ringtone back!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    Edward in Toronto likes this.
    04-25-13 06:49 PM
    Are you serious?! That's your beef with the phone?! 2004 called, they want there hockey night in Canada ringtone back!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    Lol. Foster Hewitt and Danny Gallivan

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 08:33 PM
    I started with a phone running 4.2. BlackBerry has to evolve or they will die a slow miserable death.

Posted via my most awesome BlackBerry Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-25-13 11:14 PM
51 123