I think this is it for me, at least for now. I had Z10 from the very first day that was available in Canada and I honestly really tried to like it. I lasted until today and I don�t thing I�ll touch another X10 BB device until some of the old BlackBerry features come back. I�m not talking about little fixes to this and that � the device itself has to change. What I mean is that the traditional five buttons: phone, BB home button, trackpad, end and end of phone call would have to come back. It is silly that the hard core business phone lost pretty much entire business edge of the phone. It almost feels like the device (Z10) is built by people that never had true BlackBerry in their hands. There are a lot of things that I love about it (flick typing, predicted text in two languages!! That�s damn AWESOME) but day to day things are more and more frustrating and it got to the point that I�ll have to say �I�m sorry� to my old 9800.
    For me, navigating the cursor trough the text that�s already typed in is frustrating to say the least (big fingers, may be but if I could have the trackpad that wouldn�t be an issue). Copy and paste, inability of pasting the phone number copied somewhere else into your dial pad, basic things that should be in every smart phone now. My old iMate PDA2K had that in 2004! Just think how much easier the phone would be with the old BlackBerry menu button and many options that it used to give you, how much easier would it be to hit the �phone� button and get to the phone screen instead of closing everything and going trough pages, hit the �end� or �escape� button and it get you to your home screen, �start selection�, all the options of contacting (text, email, pin,etc) from the highlighted number on your phone screen, so on and on.

Another BIG thing is the old style �bedside mode�. It used to be simple � between time xx and time yy if plugged into the power source - do that�. Now I have to remember to go trough ten things before I go to bed (unless I want to be woken up by incoming email) and after I wake up do the opposite. WHY?

Why did they complicate things instead of making them easier, that�s how I feel about it now! With my old BB�s you grab them and you know right from the beginning what�s where and how; with Z10 I have to find them, look for them and sometimes research on the net to find some answers. Not the way to go. The saddest part is that they had so much time to get this right. Lack of apps that count for me like TD or RoyalBank is another thing. BB is concentrating on getting �angry birds� on, while they lack of the basic stuff.

I�m cancelling my Rogers pre-order for G10 and time to call them to get the old SIM back and running.

Sorry bud to let you go but�.let me know when you get better. I�m not going to betray you with that pathetic little �I� device but I�ll wait for you to get better.

Proud BB stock holder.
    04-24-13 08:49 PM
    Gotta do what feels right to you.
    Regarding the bedside mode seems pretty easy to do for me, I just swipe down and set to bedside mode.
    In my settings I have phone calls allowed but all other notifications are not allowed. Did you adjust your settings?
    Any way, glad you're sticking with a Berry and hopefully BB will make something that lures you into a new OS in the future!
    jwilson6 likes this.
    04-24-13 08:54 PM
    04-24-13 08:54 PM
    Lots of threads about this. Could have posted there. Anyway...good luck with your choice.
    04-24-13 09:01 PM
    Honestly, you'll be waiting a long time, because I don't think a track pad will ever come, especially since bb10 was built for pad navigation.

I hated it at first, now I can't out it down, and I tried the leak for a few days and the new remember app, selection tool Nd so much more are greatly improved.

I can only imagine how good the q10 will be.

I'm sorry bb10 wasn't for you, I know there's some androids with keyboards, don't think they have track pad or BlackBerry feature functionality, but may turn out better for you.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-24-13 09:06 PM
    Why would Blackberry make the Z10 exactly like the 9800. Wouldn't people who want a 9800, get a 9800 instead?
    04-24-13 09:18 PM
    Alright. Have fun.

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-24-13 09:18 PM
    Hmm.. so much frustration around here, I can feel you op.

And.. what's that X10 and G10 you wrote about? I'm confused now :s

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    04-24-13 09:21 PM
    Some of your issues have been addressed in update 10.1. May wanna wait and see till then.
    04-24-13 09:21 PM
    Ugh OP. You should at least upgrade the 9800 (OS 6 Torch 3G) to a 9810 (OS 7 Torch HSPA+) . Way faster too.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-24-13 09:25 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=798807
    Please post in the right thread as there is a monster one for those leaving...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:26 PM
    Same here! I'm done with BB10 for now. I'm going back to my BlackBerry Bold 9930 or going with the Android platform (as much as I dislike it) . I tried the Z10 for a couple of days now. I like the interface very much. Since. I'm a PlayBook owner the gestures come to me second nature. I must say that the hardware is great so are the peek, flow & hub.
    What I do find frustrating is that some of the basic features on the old blackberry system are gone.
    1) why is there no way of deleting email from device only?
    2) ring profiles are gone
    3) where are tasks with reminder notification
    4) where is BlackBerry News?
    5) Android ported apps have different menus than native apps (very confusing) 6) side loaded apps are very sluggish.
    I don't see the benefits of going with this new platform while losing existing functionality. Yes it's a great platform that might have a future but for now it's a step back.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:37 PM
    my z10 won't play a .mid sound.

I can't believe this.

all my old school Nintendo and Atari midi ringers are useless on this thing.

I just don't get it.
    04-24-13 10:05 PM
    Same here! I'm done with BB10 for now. I'm going back to my BlackBerry Bold 9930 or going with the Android platform (as much as I dislike it) . I tried the Z10 for a couple of days now. I like the interface very much. Since. I'm a PlayBook owner the gestures come to me second nature. I must say that the hardware is great so are the peek, flow & hub.
    What I do find frustrating is that some of the basic features on the old blackberry system are gone.
    1) why is there no way of deleting email from device only?
    Not sure about this
    2) ring profiles are gone
    Neither of this
    3) where are tasks with reminder notification
    Remember doesn't do this?
    4) where is BlackBerry News?
    5) Android ported apps have different menus than native apps (very confusing) Then why are you considering going to Android if you find it confusing?6) side loaded apps are very sluggish.
    I don't see the benefits of going with this new platform while losing existing functionality. Yes it's a great platform that might have a future but for now it's a step back.

Posted via CB10
    IC2090 likes this.
    04-24-13 10:17 PM
    BlackBerry made it clear that bb10 wouldn't be the same like previous blackberrys you should have done your research

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-24-13 10:51 PM
    Please get over yourself, BlackBerry 10 is the way it is and it isn't going back to circa 2008 with what you've requested.

Of course it's different -- BlackBerry made it clear 100 times over!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    04-24-13 11:08 PM
    Op wants a BB. Not a reverse engineered android
    04-25-13 12:10 AM
    Well guess that the Zed isn't for everyone. Can't change the way you feel. For me I've just gotten so used to the 10 that my Bold 9780 is just awful. I honestly do miss my keyboard, but Screen size and functionality were my priorities and the z10 gave me that and more. Maybe consider a Q10, although sounds like most of your issues won't be addressed with either 10. Good Luck, we all will have a soft spot for our Bold's, but I am more than happy to move on!

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    04-25-13 12:26 AM
    Yes the Z10 is not really meant to be like a traditional BlackBerry. You are correct.
    04-25-13 12:28 AM
    OP regarding the big fingers being trouble typing, there are some Plastic Surgeons Offering a discount to Z10 owners for digit reductions.

There won't ever be a trackpad or utility buttons again. They've been forsaken in favor of screen size, iwjich I think out users seem to like. BlackBerry is thinking about some lower end devices so maybe on those they will.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 12:29 AM
    It's like quitting your car and switching to running with a wheel and a stick...

Posted via CB10
    III 4U2NV III and BionicKris like this.
    04-25-13 01:47 AM
    To me, this sounds like someone who doesn't want to evolve. No offence, but if RIM decided they would stay the way they were, they'd be dead. Truth hurts. I hope you eventually understand that.
    III 4U2NV III and BionicKris like this.
    04-25-13 01:54 AM
    It's like quitting your car and switching to running with a wheel and a stick...

Posted via CB10
    It's more like switching from a Cadillac to the new tesla model, not bad just different and new.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:01 AM
    04-25-13 02:03 AM
    I will say though that, if BlackBerry will implement some of the goodies from 7.1 which didn't make the upgrade , this phone will be unbelievably awesome. And I can see that happening with time.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 02:04 AM
51 123