Hi, I have a Z10 with a SanDisk Ultra Class 10 64gb SD card, formatted correctly (FAT32 I believe) so the card size is recognised and I can save video directly to it. I have also changed the settings so the file is saved directly to SD card rather than internal memory.

I can record and save videos in 1080p no problem, but only short videos. The video stops recording after a certain amount of time. It displays an error along the lines of "video cannot be recorded" and the entire file is lost. Im not sure at what point exactly this happens but think around the 30 minute mark.

I believe at 1080p the file size generated is about 6-8GB per hour, so in theory i should be good for several hours recording. What is the problem and anyone know how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance for any replies
    01-03-16 09:53 AM
    Class 10 should easily handle 1080p video and a 30minute video should be around 3.6GB so you have enough space..

The only thing I can say is, try update your OS and see if that helps? I've never recorded a video longer than 15 minutes so I haven't had this issue.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    Class 10 should easily handle 1080p video and a 30minute video should be around 3.6GB so you have enough space..

The only thing I can say is, try update your OS and see if that helps? I've never recorded a video longer than 15 minutes so I haven't had this issue.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    01-03-16 01:24 PM