My garmin is no longer needed...
    The Z10's is just great!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:28 PM
    Awesome! I'm satisfied with Maps on my Z10 as well!

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    04-14-13 08:29 PM
    I would agree. Much improved over what was available for os7. When I search for some thing it actually finds it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:30 PM
    Wow it must have sucked on the old OS.

Nowhere near as good as Google maps. No transit sucks

Posted via CB10
    venious, Jonneh, pels_17 and 3 others like this.
    04-14-13 08:31 PM
    BlackBerry maps needs functionality like a norm gps. The distance between two locations should be available. Timing maybe not but the km or miles sure!
    Google Maps had this I believe, when I was able to dl it from Google onto my 9550 device.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:35 PM
    I've put it to good use also. Worked GREAT! Data usage was not bad either considering it uses online maps.
    Data consumption was approx. 20MB for 2-hours of continual use. I like the fact that it can extract an address from your contacts list. Not all GPS map services are integrated that way.
    David in Durham likes this.
    04-14-13 08:38 PM
    I'll be pretty satisfied once the random reboots stop while on a trip.

Posted via CB10
    robitaille93 likes this.
    04-14-13 08:38 PM
    BlackBerry maps needs functionality like a norm gps. The distance between two locations should be available. Timing maybe not but the km or miles sure!
    Google Maps had this I believe, when I was able to dl it from Google onto my 9550 device.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it does show the distance. Before you pull up the map, it is shown.
    04-14-13 08:48 PM
    it works but I wouldn't consider it as fantastic. I agree with the previous post, it must've suck that much with the maps of the old BBOS. We need the real Google maps app, I hope Google listens to us.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:49 PM
    My garmin is no longer needed...
    The Z10's is just great!

Posted via CB10
    I find BlackBerry maps to be pretty good too, but no way will it replace my Garmin. I have my Garmin on every time I'm in my car. My BlackBerry maps would eat my data in a day (guessing there) but is a good alternative.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:06 PM
    Maps is great !!! But will never replace my Garmin. I use it constantly on the road so it's on all the time. If I used my BlackBerry the same I would kill my data plan in a day or so.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:08 PM
    Ive also had good experiences with BB maps. I don't have a GPS so I cant compare really, but I really like that it tells you what the next move is right away so you have plenty of time to change lanes. It also does pretty well at redirecting instead of just telling me to make a U-turn. haha.
    04-14-13 09:17 PM
    Low expectations... I guess

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-14-13 09:19 PM
    I would like it to have walking directions. I don't drive, but I do use GPS from time to time to find my way around unfamiliar city centres.
    04-14-13 09:23 PM
    Low expectations... I guess

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Lol we have a troll.

Posted via CB10
    Jacko_au likes this.
    04-14-13 09:25 PM
    Actually it does show the distance. Before you pull up the map, it is shown.
    What I guess I meant was from one place to another. Not from current place to the point. Sorry.
    Say I'm in Winnipeg and want to know the distance between Calgary and Edmonton. That's what I meant.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:46 PM
    Maps left me stranded in Tokyo last week since BB 10 has not been released there yet. but downloaded some on-board maps vis this ripping fast hotel internet connection:
    Maps is just fantastic!-screen-shot-2013-04-11-6.54.03-pm.jpg
    04-14-13 09:47 PM
    I find it's reliable and does its job. Slightly bare bones but you can definitely count on it. Although, Google maps will be the leading maps service for a long time coming I believe.

^^ wow, that hotel wifi is pretty impressive, especially the upload speed.
    Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:51 PM
    Does anyone have problems with google maps mobile web browser version? I can't get it to search for ANYTHING. I type in a business or whatever, touch Submit, or the button to the right of the text field, but nothing ever happens. If I go to the directions feature, I can type in a start and end and it will give me directions.. just can't search.. No idea what's wrong, but it's completely unusable (talking about Google Maps mobile web here).

As for Z10 Maps, it's pretty good, and I really like the navigation function. However, one of the first businesses I searched, an auto/tire place that happened to be next to a walmart I was visiting, was not in their database. Is it possible to add or get them to add locations to the maps?
    04-14-13 09:56 PM
    Found a Maps oddity -- if you type in Gas, it will display "Gas Stations" and a nifty icon, but when you click that, it says no results. However you can type in Exxon or Texaco and it shows many. Wonder what's wrong..
    04-14-13 10:03 PM
    The maps is good but no Google maps that's for sure. The maps works very well it is lacking some point of interest search those, that needs to get better but as far as gps goes its good.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:06 PM
    What I guess I meant was from one place to another. Not from current place to the point. Sorry.
    Say I'm in Winnipeg and want to know the distance between Calgary and Edmonton. That's what I meant.

Posted via CB10
    Most GPS units show the distance and time from the current place, no? Thats why my Garmin GPS does. I don't think most have a point A to point B, unless you are looking for current place to point B to point C. Or maybe my GPS unit just sucks.
    I don't have data so I haven't gotten to use the Maps app, but I've tested on WiFi, and the GPS locks on REALLY fast and shows a map of where I am instantly. Even when I'm indoors! Very happy with this for when I use FourSquare. lol

Much better than any of the previous BlackBerry phones or tablets I've ever had in the past. My Playbook was never really able to pick up a signal unless I had an unobstructed view of the sky, e.g. no tall buildings, not in a car.
    On the other hand, my BB 9810 torch could only pick up the signal when I was outside, but always took at least 30 seconds.
    04-14-13 10:15 PM
    Does anyone have problems with google maps mobile web browser version? I can't get it to search for ANYTHING. I type in a business or whatever, touch Submit, or the button to the right of the text field, but nothing ever happens. If I go to the directions feature, I can type in a start and end and it will give me directions.. just can't search.. No idea what's wrong, but it's completely unusable (talking about Google Maps mobile web here).

As for Z10 Maps, it's pretty good, and I really like the navigation function. However, one of the first businesses I searched, an auto/tire place that happened to be next to a walmart I was visiting, was not in their database. Is it possible to add or get them to add locations to the maps?
    I had the same problem with the Google maps mobile site. I think I fixed it by clearing the data and cookies in the browser settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:18 PM
    I don't think it will be better than Google maps any time soon but I hope for on par transit options
    Wow it must have sucked on the old OS.

Nowhere near as good as Google maps. No transit sucks

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:19 PM
    i'm happy with anythign that doesn't try to take me off a cliff or throug ha lake to get to my destination no matter how plain or basic it is atleast if i ever do need it i know i won't be lost
    04-14-13 10:20 PM
138 123 ...