I know there are a lot of dis-satisfied people out there in Europe and Canada and other countries.
    But it seems Map My India, an Indian mapping company, was ready for BB10 right out the gates. I just used it over my regular route today to see how it works. It is very very good.
    Has addresses of houses. Shows 3d images of building on the route and even has the data on speed limits on the road that one is travelling on.
    I took some screen shots and am posting them here. Indian Z10 owners get it now. And its completely Free.
    Map My India is Awesome for India?-img_00000051.jpg
    The image above shows the speed of the vehicle of the top left and shows the speed limit in the traffic sign like symbol. And it even warns you if you go over the limit with an audible alert.

Map My India is Awesome for India?-img_00000049.jpg
    The one above shows DLF Square and The Westin Hotel
    Map My India is Awesome for India?-img_00000043.jpg
    Another image of 3d Buildings imagery.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 03-05-13 at 04:29 PM.
    03-05-13 04:03 PM
    Tried it for Gurgaon to Rajendra Place...worst experience ever. It selects the shortest path instead of the faster path..sigh!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:13 PM
    Wow, and this is their first offering of a nav app? If so, this looks pretty darn good for V1.0! If the developer is open to feedback, this could turn into a great tool for all you folks in India.

oh and btw, you are NOT supposed to be using the device when driving! that too speeding, I might add!
    03-05-13 04:21 PM
    Tried it for Gurgaon to Rajendra Place...worst experience ever. It selects the shortest path instead of the faster path..sigh!

Posted via CB10
    Anubhav,
    That is true for every GPS on the planet.
    What you need to do is go past a place where it's narrow or crowded and it would recalculate.
    I normally set a destination and then look at the map and make my own mind what route I would take. Most maps show wide nd narrow roads. I avoid the narrow ones and keep going beyond even though the gPS tells me to take the route. It then recalculates the route.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:28 PM
    It's right that it recalculates the route and for the first version, it's fantastic app...no doubt about that. However, Google maps would show a simpler and faster route...

So, I am good now with the mix of both apps (side loaded Google maps).

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 04:37 PM
    @Anubhav,
    Google maps does the same thing. I drove from Leh to Srinigar in October last year. In Srinigar Google maps did the same thing. Marked the shortest route on the map. We found ourselves in the middle of a small colony with those fools throwing rocks on the army and the army men shooting back and running. And there we were with Google maps in hand and trying to ask gun toting army guys our way out of that he!!hole.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 05:23 PM
    Hi friend, please can you provide us the maps of India alone?
    05-24-13 11:32 PM
    On GPSUnderground I've heard nothing but good things about it. They say it's better than Primo iGo with Navteq Maps which blew my mind since those that the best in North America.
    05-24-13 11:34 PM
    Mapmyindia is available for Z10 bought from India only.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 06:50 AM
    yes friend. Iam aware that the map is avaialable in BB mobile only. But the content in map can be used for the Android phone also. It is tedious job. But your help will be appreciated always. I need the files from folder "Maps" to use the file in android cracked Mapmyindia software.
    05-26-13 09:44 AM