I'm not sure what the connection is here but I figure I should post this in the hopes that this gets us one step closer to fixing this issue.

Quick background: I have 2 Z10's purchased at the same time both on AT&T. After ~9 days of ownership, both of them had started rebooting (one has continued to quite frequently and the other one stopped after only 2). This was around April 13th. The phone that only had the 2 reboots has been perfect ever since then besides one thing.

I'm not sure the exact date since I don't use it every day but at least a week ago from today, the GPS functionality on my BBmaps stopped working. This basically rendered the whole app useless. I had a feeling that I should just let it be but I finally decided to do a manual restart on my phone to see if that would fix the BBmaps issue. To seasoned BB users, it should come as no surprise that this did restore BBmaps to fully functional.

Unfortunately, what this also did is bring back my device reboots. In the past 2 days since I restarted my device I've now had 3 reboots (remember this is the device that only had 2 total previously and none in the last almost 2 weeks). This seems like more than just a coincidence. Now I admit I don't know very much when it comes to coding, or the inner workings of an OS etc etc, so I am hoping that someone sees this and it turns out to be a nice clue, if not the clue, to getting this issue resolved once and for all.

It clearly isn't just Verizon, it isn't from running an old OS (I'm on the newest official version) and it doesn't seem to be a rogues app as I haven't added or deleted any recently. Also, I have not sideloaded any apps either.
    04-26-13 06:53 AM
    I just found out my gf's Z10 has been rebooting since she got it in march. She said she thought it was normal for blackberries to to stuff like that which is why she never told me. It also freezes sometimes and doesn't do anything so she needs to battery pull

She's on Telus and it reboots maybe 2-3 times a day. What should I get her to do? Will Telus return it or is it an OS issue that could be fixed in an update.

I also want to say she has never downloaded a single app or even signed into blackberry world for that matter.
    04-26-13 07:33 AM
    I just found out my gf's Z10 has been rebooting since she got it in march. She said she thought it was normal for blackberries to to stuff like that which is why she never told me. It also freezes sometimes and doesn't do anything so she needs to battery pull

She's on Telus and it reboots maybe 2-3 times a day. What should I get her to do? Will Telus return it or is it an OS issue that could be fixed in an update.

I also want to say she has never downloaded a single app or even signed into blackberry world for that matter.
    There is no need for battery pulls with Z10's as you can just hold the top button until the device restarts; LED will flash red and then reboot.
    04-26-13 07:48 AM
    Yeah I'm still having reboot issues with my AT&T Z10. The problem is that I've really grown to love the phone so I'm willing to wait it out. There is nothing you can do about it at this point but wait.

I'm running the latest software as well and have no apps installed except for the stock ones. It isn't anything you are doing wrong with it, it's just a bug in the OS that will hopefully be addressed with an update.
    04-26-13 07:59 AM
    Great.. Honestly after 2 months she didn't even tell me. I have a Z10 as well but it's been picture perfect. We were just talking yesterday and I just asked her expecting a no, but when she said yes everyday, I was thrown back because I haven't met a Telus or bell user that is experiencing this. And we have over 50 in our office. I wasn't paying attention to the reboot threads the last few weeks but I'm going tobbe watching closely now

So you guys know, holding both volume keys for 10 seconds also reboots the phone as a hard reset.
    04-26-13 08:06 AM
    I would do a factory reset and immediately do an update.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 08:12 AM
    I took my forth z10 on T-Mobile back two days ago because of the reboot issues. I going to wait to see if its fixed in the next update before buying another one.

As much as I loved the z10, restarting in the middle of important phone calls with my clients is not going to cut it. I am back on my iPhone 5 until the issue is resolved.
    04-26-13 08:15 AM
    There is no need for battery pulls with Z10's as you can just hold the top button until the device restarts; LED will flash red and then reboot.
    Not totally true, twice since the AT&T US launch I have had my Z10 freeze and the only way to get it back was a battery pull.
    04-26-13 09:59 AM