04-16-13 12:21 AM
28 12
tools
    I was a loyal bb fan way back to the old "blue brick" 72xx series. I have had a "few" more berries since then. My last one being the 9900. I dropped bb because people said it was DOA and well I got pulled into the iOS and android world. The z10 intrigues me. I played with one at AT&T and it was pretty cool. Love the keyboard. I am thinking of picking one up. Just can't decide if I want to sell/trade my Galxay Note 2 for one. Any suggestions? Will I miss the big screen and features of my note?
    04-13-13 04:53 AM
    What features do you use on your note? Do you like apps? What are the apps that you use every day? We need to know what you use your phone for before we can say anything about how you might like the Z10.
    04-13-13 04:55 AM
    What features do you use on your note? Do you like apps? What are the apps that you use every day? We need to know what you use your phone for before we can say anything about how you might like the Z10.
    Hmmm, I use Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube,browser, eBay and send /receive lots of texts and emails. I snap off pics most days.
    04-13-13 04:59 AM
    Aside from instagram and pinterest, everything else you can do with the Z10 and Z10 does them well.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 05:05 AM
    You can always side load instagram. I came from the note 2 and haven't missed it. I find the z10 size to be perfect for me.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    04-13-13 05:10 AM
    You can always side load instagram. I came from the note 2 and haven't missed it. I find the z10 size to be perfect for me.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    How was the switch from having the big screen? Or the little stuff you can do with the spen?

As for bbm nobody I knew or know has a berry so bbm would be useless I suppose.
    04-13-13 05:12 AM
    Real Life people actually use that humongous phone? Do you know how silly you look putting that on your ear to answer phone calls? Lol.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    Carmels likes this.
    04-13-13 05:13 AM
    Hmmm, I use Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube,browser, eBay and send /receive lots of texts and emails. I snap off pics most days.
    Instagram and Pinterest need to be sideloaded. Browser is f'ing incredible on the Z10. The camera is great in my opinion. The EBay app is a port and has been linked to bad battery drain but if you are willing to use the browser, it is fine. If you need email that is greater than 30 days old, you will need to wait for update 10.1 to bring that feature in. Facebook is good but you cannot share posts that you see within the actual app itself. So you can't repost something from George Takei.
    R Field likes this.
    04-13-13 05:14 AM
    Real Life people actually use that humongous phone? Do you know how silly you look putting that on your ear to answer phone calls? Lol.

Lol. I don't really think I look funny with it up to my ear. That or I just have a big head!

How does the virtual keyboard stand up to the 9900s hard keys? I have using swift key on the note and have gotten pretty fast on it. Also, is the send/receive mms smooth? I'm a coach and send pics to other coaches for analysis.
    04-13-13 05:28 AM
    Lol. I don't really think I look funny with it up to my ear. That or I just have a big head!

How does the virtual keyboard stand up to the 9900s hard keys? I have using swift key on the note and have gotten pretty fast on it. Also, is the send/receive mms smooth? I'm a coach and send pics to other coaches for analysis.
    In my opinion the z10 is better than previous physical keyboards I've tried on previous BlackBerry devices like the 8900 and 9700. The keyboard's predictive programming is psychic. I can make a mistake and never need to backspace for a change because it almost always auto-corrects to what I want. The keyboard also learns your typing patterns meaning that with time, usage becomes even better. Best keyboard on a smart phone device for sure.

Never had any problems with the sms/mms feature.

04-13-13 05:35 AM
    In my opinion the z10 is better than previous physical keyboards I've tried on previous BlackBerry devices like the 8900 and 9700. The keyboard's predictive programming is psychic. I can make a mistake and never need to backspace for a change because it almost always auto-corrects to what I want. The keyboard also learns your typing patterns meaning that with time, usage becomes even better. Best keyboard on a smart phone device for sure.

Never had any problems with the sms/mms feature.

Ok. I suppose I need to go play with one a little more at AT&T. I really don't care what's popular or the hottest device right now. Too old for that stuff. I like things that work and help me with my job as a teacher and head coach. Not to mention keep in touch 24/7 with friends. Throw in the occasional fun app. And actually the note 2 does become cumbersome when I'm demonstrating something to the kids or out on the field in sweatpants.
    04-13-13 06:00 AM
    You mentioned SwiftKey. I loved that back when I had my Galaxy Nexus before my current Z10.
    The Z10 keyboard is really good. Behind its structure it has the same 'dna', if I may, as SwiftKey. The predictions are really accurate and even the swiping of the suggestions are very cool. You'll have no problems switching to this keyboard. I absolutely love it. One of the things that make the BlackBerry 10 experience that extra bit attractive. Also it's the best native keyboard as of now. The JellyBean and iOS keyboards don't even compare to it.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:15 AM
    `<The predictions are really accurate and even the swiping of the suggestions are very cool.

Posted via CB10
    +1 I had to type in the name of a person I made an appointment with the other day. The persons name was not an actual word e.g. Ford that would appear in a dictionary. I had had 2 or 3 appointments with this person before that I recorded in my calendar and, when I typed the second letter of his name, the name was offered up above the third letter of the name. Awesome.
    revtech likes this.
    04-13-13 06:27 AM
    I have Pinterest and Instagram sideloaded and they work great. So easy sideloading.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    sanjk1 and wasabiGT like this.
    04-13-13 06:31 AM
    Sounds like they are made by the same company. What about bbm? Is it useful anymore? Everyone I knew with a berry is probably long switched. On a side note (no pun) I went on CL in San Fran and I notice a lot of people out there either selling their iOS devices or wanting to trade for a Z10. Never thought I'd see that happening in the home of Apple.

Also, does Blackberry have Skype or Tango? I figure with the front facing camera we'd finally get one of those.
    04-13-13 06:32 AM
    Sounds like they are made by the same company. What about bbm? Is it useful anymore? Everyone I knew with a berry is probably long switched. On a side note (no pun) I went on CL in San Fran and I notice a lot of people out there either selling their iOS devices or wanting to trade for a Z10. Never thought I'd see that happening in the home of Apple.

Also, does Blackberry have Skype or Tango? I figure with the front facing camera we'd finally get one of those.
    Bbm is really good. Over here in India, most of the young people like myself have it. It's one of the biggest markets for it. Many of my friends have it so it makes it easier to communicate. Those who don't, they use Whatsapp which is available as well.
    Skype will soon be available for the Z10. Only a matter of time now.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:56 AM
    To the OP, if you like and use the apps listed very often, I'd go with android. BlackBerry doesn't have some of them and the ones they do have are ported over from android and don't work well at all, if ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 07:22 AM
    I was a loyal bb fan way back
    Hey man....I was a die hard BB guy, as well I took a lot of heat from my iSheep/Android toting friends. During that time I had an iPhone for a week and an HTC Vivid for....about a month. Both times I want running back to my BB. Last year when Thor (BBRY CEO) said Q4, 2012, then over night changed that statement to Q1, 2013 ...I split. I got a Galaxy S3 and G Note 10.1 and vowed I'd never go back to BB. I kept a watch on the Z10's progress, just because.
    The GS3 was alright for me. It is pretty big and has to be in a case. It's just too light & thin to hold....and forget 1 handed operation. I just could not wrap my arms around the gmail droid app. I tried, I really did. The GS3 is....well...android. I can't explain it. It just seemed ....chunky...
    I messed around w/a Z10 a few days before AT&T released it....and got it on release day. After a day I thought...."I don't know about this". Then by day 3...I was hooked.
    Gesture and the Z10/BB10 UI is the absolute most efficient way to navigate a mobile device IMHO.....I had a PB so I kind of knew what the swipe thing was all about.
    I'm "Back in Black" & I'm not leaving.

Moral of my story man .....You'll love it. It's smooth, fast, side loading apps is a breeze. I'm a High School Tennis coach and I update the teams FB page w/it. My g-calendar updates to it through MS Outlook (via google cal. sync) ....

My GS3 pretty much just sits in the corner waiting to be called to action when one of the other phones in my family suffers a mishap

Get the Z10....it'll take a few days to get it dialed in, but you'll love it. I'm sure of it.
    04-13-13 07:22 AM
    I would suggest playing with one in the store a bit more and see if it still has your interest
    04-13-13 08:08 AM
    It will take a few days to get used to it, as it is different from other phones and quite a bit different from other old BB's. But once you get the hang of it you will be hooked and wont go back.
    04-13-13 08:31 AM
    Thanks. I'm picking one up today after this track meet. Going to hold onto my note2 until I get comfortable then sell it to recoup some cash.
    04-13-13 03:32 PM
    I saved pinterest with a bookmark "Add to homescreen" and it puts a very nice icon on my apps list and serves as a launcher to the mobile site

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:36 PM
    As everyone who has owned a Z10 will tell you. You have to play with the phone and get used to it.

A few hours or a day isnt enough to actually see how this phone works.

I know when I sell them, I always tell my customers about the return/exchange policy (15d/30mins). I tell them that they have to play with the phone and get used to it. But I also explain to them the positives and negatives of the phone at this time.

I came also from an SGS3 and so far I have not looked back. I am happy with my choice as the Z10 does everything I need it to do.

Just like all version 1 phones there will always be issues and glitches. (all version 1 phones have this... DONT TELL ME THAT IT DOESNT)

Try it out for yourself and see how it is.
    04-13-13 03:47 PM
    Ok. I played with one at an AT&T store earlier. As I was leaving the rep asked me how I liked the Z10 and I replied "I don't know yet" he replies "yeah don't waste your time, keep the Note 2" Wow!

I had my NOTE 2 in my hand comparing things.
    04-13-13 05:12 PM
    Playing with the Z10 in a store won't do it. The OS requires some real life experience for you to get the feel for it. I've forced myself to exclusively use the Z10 for days at a time even though it is still my back-up device to my Bold 9900. The process, for me at least, has taken a long time so I would suggest using your carrier's return policy to your advantage and maximize your Z10 "playing" during that time to make up your mind on whether the Z10 is what you want.

While I did a pile of research prior to acquiring my Z10, it really took "real life" usage to give me an idea of what I liked/didn't like.
    Tony_11 likes this.
    04-13-13 05:23 PM
28 12