That frequent occasion when recipient of text message does not quite understand what your trying to explain through text, in which case your forced to call them right away. How does one accomplish such a task from text screen without having to back out find phone and call?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:37 AM
    With a keypad phone BlackBerry. I can just press phone key from text screen and prompt for call pops up. I like the one touch thing

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:40 AM
    In the text conversation, just tap the blue bar at the top (with the photo & name). This opens up their contact card. Then tap "Call mobile".
    04-15-13 05:01 AM
    Another missed feature of BlackBerry. Being able to call within seconds..now we are forced to open up the contacts app which takes more time

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-15-13 06:14 AM
    Another missed feature of BlackBerry. Being able to call within seconds..now we are forced to open up the contacts app which takes more time

It's 2 taps and takes about 2 seconds at the worst.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:24 AM

Just tap the blue bar at the top. It can't be any simpler. How did they in any way miss a feature?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:25 AM

Gees97 has no idea what he is talking about.
    04-15-13 06:37 AM
    Gees97 has no idea what he is talking about.
    Obviously do. you can live in denial all you want

04-15-13 06:40 AM
    This does not open the contacts app. This is a Flow type feature, and you remain within hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:43 AM
    This does not open the contacts app. This is a Flow type feature, and you remain within hub.

Posted via CB10
    Well I guess my phone needs a wipe then because when I tap the top contact my screen goes black for 3 seconds and opens up contact card

04-15-13 06:58 AM
    Or better yet...use nfc.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    It only gives then option to call if the contact's name is a phone number. If the message is from a person in your contact list; it will only give you the option of opening the contact card.
    04-15-13 07:12 AM
    Well I guess my phone needs a wipe then because when I tap the top contact my screen goes black for 3 seconds and opens up contact card
    On my phone, tap the blue field & the contact card comes up, just like what's be stated. If the # isn't in your contact list, long press & a call option appears. Further more, from the hub, long press any txt and an option to call the # appears.
    It's a drag if it doesn't function like this on all Z10's.
    04-15-13 07:14 AM
    you know what would be cool? A call icon just like in BBM.

cjcampbell and SDTRMG like this.
    04-15-13 07:17 AM
    Just tap the blue bar at the top. It can't be any simpler. How did they in any way miss a feature?

Posted via CB10
    This is wrong, to call the person from the text screen you just long press on the blue bar or contact picture at the top of the text screen and then it is one of the options that pop out on the right.

Unless your phone is different, when I tap the blue bar it opens up my contact list and when I click on a name it adds the number the text came from to that contact. So basically what tapping the blue bar does is add number to contacts option which also shows when you perform a long press.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:20 AM
    This is wrong, to call the person from the text screen you just long press on the blue bar or contact picture at the top of the text screen and then it is one of the options that pop out on the right.

Unless your phone is different, when I tap the blue bar it opens up my contact list and when I click on a name it adds the number the text came from to that contact. So basically what tapping the blue bar does is add number to contacts option which also shows when you perform a long press.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for pointing this out. It's quick and easy.
    04-15-13 07:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not on my Z10. If the person is already in my contacts (with that phone number), a long press on the blue bar opens the black side bar, which only has one option: Contacts. Tapping on that will open that person's contact information. This is a long way of doing a short tap on the blue bar, which gives the same result: it opens that person's contact information.
    00stryder likes this.
    04-15-13 08:06 AM
    If the number is already in your contacts list, tapping the blue bar will just open up the existing card.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-15-13 08:09 AM
    Now, how do we do this from bbm?
    04-15-13 08:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought I was going crazy because everyone's saying tap it and I remember being able to hold and call.
    04-15-13 08:43 AM

Seriously?! No one in this world is sooooooooooo busy they can't wait literally a millisecond for the contact content to open up in order to pick the right number! It's not a missed requirement, just a different way of displaying the information.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    04-15-13 08:50 AM
    A simple tap on the blue bar on top does the trick for me. Tapping the blue bar shows the contact phone number/s with the option to call or text. A long press will only show the contacts bar on the right and another tap will show the contacts number/s - same effect with the previous method but with more taps.

Since there is a slight difference in the way we do it, perhaps we don't have the same version of the OS. I have TMO's latest and only update. I wonder what's yours.

Adding a call button, just like in BBM, as another poster above is more intuitive, and would eliminate one tap. And not only here, but in emails.

So to sum it all, while in text mode, we suggest that there be a call button or email button, or whatever button than may be added there if the contact has those services.
    04-15-13 08:58 AM
    My z10 is inconsistent. With some contacts, after a long press on the text msg, the menu bar to the right opens with an option to call the number while other contacts only give me option to view contact card.
    I realized that some contacts did not transfer over from gmail properly (some mobile numbers listed as 'other' while some as listed 'mobile') which I believed to be the reason for the inconsistency but alas, I've just tried it on another contact whose number is listed as mobile & I was only given option to view that contacts card.
    Sure, once I have the contact card open it's easy to call the number but why does it not function the same for ALL contacts? Does anyone else have these inconsistencies for this topic? Try long pressing 5 or 6 different text messages & maybe let us know how your phone reacts.

Also, if you receive a call from a mobile number and long press the number in the hub, the menu on the right doesn't give the option to text that number.
    Last edited by fmb8; 04-15-13 at 09:23 AM.
    04-15-13 09:08 AM
    Mnemonic Phone Dialing. And it's coming in 10.1
    04-15-13 09:31 AM
    I do wish they implemented the direct call feature from the galaxy s line wherein you just move the phone to your ear while viewing messages to call the contact. That would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:24 AM
42 12