12-28-13 01:36 PM
69 123
tools
    Good news. Bluetooth is important. I'm surprised this slipped through the cracks.

Posted via CB10
    I've experienced this issue as well with my 3rd party stereo system by Sony. I will be playing music off of bluetooth then when I get a call I can talk and have the conversation, but when the call ends, no matter what I do the audio from the music player won't come back through the speakers, almost like it's muted. I can skip and pause/play the music but the music doesn't come through unless i disconnect and reconnect. This doesn't happen ALL the time, but it has happened on more than a few occasions which is a annoying. Also ran into issues when I'm using the navigator and it speaks, the music lowers, but often take 2 or 3 minutes to increase the volume of the background music to where it originally was before the navigator voice started. Once again this doesn't occur every time, but definitely on more than a few occasions in the past 2 or 3 weeks.
    Here is the KB that provides possible workarounds for audio I/O issues when using Bluetooth. It was actually updated since I spoke to them again last night to add an additional workaround so they are clearly troubleshooting this actively. I have tested workaround #2 and #3 so far and they both worked in my case. Workaround #1 is new from today so I will try that one as well.

KB33801-No audio output when using a Bluetooth headset or other peripheral

For those that claim that their Bluetooth functions correctly with 10.0.10.85, can you disconnect your Bluetooth headset, mute your device by turning the volume all the way down, then reconnecting your Bluetooth headset and try placing a call? Don't place two consecutive calls, just place a single call when the device is reconnected to Bluetooth and after you have muted the volume of the device.
    Omnitech and Brandon Orr like this.
    03-12-13 01:30 PM
    Here is the KB that provides possible workarounds for audio I/O issues when using Bluetooth. It was actually updated since I spoke to them again last night to add an additional workaround so they are clearly troubleshooting this actively. I have tested workaround #2 and #3 so far and they both worked in my case. Workaround #1 is new from today so I will try that one as well.

For those that claim that their Bluetooth functions correctly with 10.0.10.85, can you disconnect your Bluetooth headset, mute your device by turning the volume all the way down, then reconnecting your Bluetooth headset and try placing a call? Don't place two consecutive calls, just place a single call when the device is reconnected to Bluetooth and after you have muted the volume of the device.
    I will charge my headset and give this a go.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:28 PM

This seems to function normally with my Motorola Bluetooth headset.

First I connect the headset. It works properly. Then I disconnect it and turn the volume all the way down. Then I reconnect the bluetooth connection. I place a call. It functions normally. The volume is normal though even though I turned it all the way down.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:41 PM
    This seems to function normally with my Motorola Bluetooth headset.

First I connect the headset. It works properly. Then I disconnect it and turn the volume all the way down. Then I reconnect the bluetooth connection. I place a call. It functions normally. The volume is normal though even though I turned it all the way down.

Posted via CB10
    Have you upgraded to 10.0.10.88 already? I think you mentioned that you have upgraded just yesterday. If so, makes sense. It appears whatever issue was introduced in .85 software release is either non-existent in other versions or has somehow randomly cleared up when using a different software release. Thanks for doing the test
    03-12-13 03:20 PM
    Hi there,

It appears that the latest release of the software has introduced a nasty Bluetooth bug. Before this release my Z10 worked perfectly fine with my HandsFree Link in my 2006 Acura TL. However, since I installed the latest OS release 10.0.10.672 (software version 10.0.10.85) I can pair with the vehicle however any call in or out causes the Bluetooth connection to be instantaneously dropped. The device simply cannot manage a conversation. Please note that the device itself does not disconnect (it is still paired), but it cannot service any audio between the vehicle and the Z10. Restoring to an older release of the OS fixes this issue. I have even tried the leaked OS 10.0.10.648 and that one does not have this problem either. Only the new OS has this problem.

Is there any way to get this resolved at all? It is a pretty critical feature for me as hands-free usage is mandated by law in British Columbia.

Please advise.

Thanks!

I have had some difficulty with my 2012 Honda Civic, also HandsFreeLink. the problem fixed itself after a few days, don't know what happened though.
    03-12-13 03:23 PM
    Yes I get this too since the update with my 2012 civic, my solution is to turn off blue tooth press play on the song so that it plays audio through the phone speaker, then turn blue tooth on and it automatically connects and starts playing. I have noticed that I only get this issue when my battery is below 50%, its very strange but I'm monitoring the issue to get a better handle on it, but I know every day since the update, in the morning on my way to work it connects no problem, but on my way home from work I have to do the work around.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 03:34 PM
    Yeah, according to BlackBerry it seems to have something to do with the audio handshake not happening correctly between the handset and the Bluetooth device. It is a seriously annoying issue to say the least. In areas like mine where hands-free is mandated by law it is an outright problem. I'm really curious if keeping the volume level above mute will work for me as a "workaround". I won't know until tonight I guess.
    03-12-13 03:41 PM
    Have you upgraded to 10.0.10.88 already? I think you mentioned that you have upgraded just yesterday. If so, makes sense. It appears whatever issue was introduced in .85 software release is either non-existent in other versions or has somehow randomly cleared up when using a different software release. Thanks for doing the test
    Yes. I upgraded yesterday.

Get an att sim on ebay for a few bucks. It may be resolved before you get it but it gives you upgrade flexibility. I've got tmobile, att, and Rogers sims.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 03:50 PM
    I'm having the same issue like the OP with my 2009 BMW 5-series. I'm using 10.0.10.90 however. You're not alone with this
    03-13-13 03:18 AM
    I see there is at least one Motorola S305 user here. I use that headset as my "Daily Driver" as I walk to/from work @ 1 km from home and besides that, my 2006 Mazda doesn't have bluetooth.

Anyway, I have been having random, intermittent issues with blue tooth and my Z10 for the month or so that I've had it.
    It was bulletproof on my PlayBook, worked fine every time, but with the Z10, it's frustrating, because audio cuts out randomly. The update didn't make it better, but it didn't make it worse.

Since the headset is getting close to 3 years old, I am thinking about replacing it.
    I'm thinking about giving Bell tech support a call about the issue, but don't relish the experience of dealing with their tech support. It has literally taken hours on the phone with them in the past to try and resolve relatively simple issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:31 AM
    I see folks are having some success with the. 88 upgrade. I may borrow a friend's AT&T sim to see if that'll work.

Silly how we have to resort to the sim card jiggery-pokery to try out an upgrade

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:45 AM
    I too have similar issues with Bluetooth following the update
    03-13-13 06:28 AM
    Silly how we have to resort to the sim card jiggery-pokery to try out an upgrade
    At least you have that workaround. In the recent past, if your carrier didn't provide an upgrade, you were totally SOL unless you wanted to jump into the risky/warranty-voiding quicksand of a leaked/cracked custom ROM update.

The vast majority of the cellular-connected device world is dependent on carriers to distribute software patches. The only company that seems to have been able to bypass that was Apple, and I would guess that they were negotiating from a position of considerably more strength than most companies at the time.
    03-13-13 07:55 AM
    OK, I found an old, expired AT&T regular size sim in my desk drawer, a remnant of a previous vacation in the US.

There's no shortage of phone nerds where I work, so I was able to find someone with a sim cutter and did the nasty on the sim.

Had to wait to get home at lunch for wifi. Popped the sim in (my Bell STL100-3) and lo and behold, it said that update 10.0.10.88 was available.

Downloaded the 442 mb update, took about 20 mins download, about 10 mins to install, rebooted and voila, I have a Frankenphone. Unlocked Bell STL100-3, complete with AT&T Bloatware & also Koodo bloatware from a previous update. FYI, my home network sim is Bell LTE, just no LTE available yet in the town I live in, so network shows as Bell "H" in the top status bar.

I had to walk back to work, so not able to play much so far, however I will report that bluetooth automatically reconnected to my Motorola S305 on reboot of the Z10 (didn't do that on previous Bell upadate) and in my 10 minute walk, I had no dropouts, etc. in the spots where I walk where I've had bluetooth issues before.

Very preliminary, give me a few more days to fully assess, but it appears that they've made bluetooth more stable with the 10.0.10.88 update, which is a good thing with US rollout just around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by moedzie; 03-13-13 at 01:17 PM.
    03-13-13 12:59 PM
    Dejanh, do you have Hub++ running in the background while experiencing these problems? Btw, I have the exact same issues after the update to. 90 (its pretty much a m85 firmware) with my BlackBerry music gateway! It's driving me nuts to press play again all the time for playback after the interruption :-(

Written under BB10
    03-13-13 02:39 PM
    I spoke too soon. With my Motorola S305, while listening to a podcast on Nobex when I was walking home from work yesterday, I had to press pause on the headset to buy a lottery ticket. When I pressed play...nothing. Got home, fiddled with it, turned bluetooth on off, rebooted phone, etc.

Still nothing. Frustrating....tried un pairing and pairing again...nothing.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:42 PM
    Dejanh, do you have Hub++ running in the background while experiencing these problems? Btw, I have the exact same issues after the update to. 90 (its pretty much a m85 firmware) with my BlackBerry music gateway! It's driving me nuts to press play again all the time for playback after the interruption :-(

Written under BB10
    Yeah, it appears that none of the current OS releases actually fix this issue. The fact that 88 or 90 improve the situation is by pure coincidence, nothing more. BlackBerry has stated that they do not have a fix for this yet, but it is a problem that was introduced as part of the latest updates. I've tested the workarounds from the KB that was posted but for me only the audio switching option works as any sort of workaround. It also happens to be something that you can't really do safely while driving so it's not much of a workaround.

I hope this gets addressed as part of the next round of updates.
    03-14-13 04:23 PM
    Arghhh! I mean good. I mean Argggh! Went to use Bluetooth this morning and it's working. The random nature of this problem is driving me nuts.
    03-15-13 10:53 AM
    I have a SONY SRSBT V5 Bluetooth Speaker. The device pairs without issue and the NFC also works fine, but the audio starts cutting out not long after you start playing a song. Comes out totally chopped up like it is not able to stream to the device. I thought maybe it was the device but I connected my Surface 2 and played hours of music to the device without issue. So this problem is not solved even on firmware 10.2.0.429.
    12-28-13 01:36 PM
69 123