I have audio cut outs on my wife's Town and Country with U connect. I've paired and repaired and the issue persists. Also, same issue with my BlackBerry Music gateway. I'm going to try reinstalling the os.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 02:52 PM
    Works fine with both my 2011 BMW Z4 and my 2010 VW Golf. The Golf I'd about to be replaced and I'm going to be interested to see how well it works with the New Golf.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 03:00 PM
    I have audio cut outs on my wife's Town and Country with U connect. I've paired and repaired and the issue persists. Also, same issue with my BlackBerry Music gateway. I'm going to try reinstalling the os.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for reporting that. I knew that it cannot be as isolated as some may think. I know that it is not happening to everyone, but there definitely are issues with BT.

As I've already mentioned in this thread, call your carrier please and have them connect you to BlackBerry support. We need more of these reports to get BlackBerry to fix this issue sooner.
    03-10-13 03:02 PM
    This seems like a Major Issue for you lol, instead of reloading OS or downgrading OS or reseting your computer in your car....

And if you absolutely cant live with the older OS till an update comes out,.. why not just buy a bluetooth speakerphone an earpiece..

just my 2 cents, this would be the last of my concerns on the list of things to fix.
    03-10-13 03:06 PM
    This seems like a Major Issue for you lol, instead of reloading OS or downgrading OS or reseting your computer in your car....

And if you absolutely cant live with the older OS till an update comes out,.. why not just buy a bluetooth speakerphone an earpiece..

just my 2 cents, this would be the last of my concerns on the list of things to fix.
    No offense, but if you have nothing smart to say don't say anything at all. I don't care for stupid opinions. It is a major issue, especially when you live in an area where this functionality is required by law. I have already done a full OS reload, I have already tried downgrading (but that introduces other issues that prevent me from really using the phone on day to day basis), and I have also tried resetting the vehicle system. Don't be a fool and make ignorant comments. If you want to do that, start your own thread.

Besides, BlackBerry has acknowledged the problem. They have multiple reports of this issue already. This thread can just encourage people to bring this up instead of staying quiet and "living with it". If I pay for top notch phone like this I expect the core functionality to be at 100% and not for it to break with updates. Anyway, all of this is beside the point as BlackBerry will be addressing this (for me critical) issue.
    sylvaing and Stewartj1 like this.
    03-10-13 03:11 PM
    I'm in a bad position to do that. I'm in the US and it hasn't been released here yet.
    03-10-13 03:17 PM
    I'm in a bad position to do that. I'm in the US and it hasn't been released here yet.
    Well, 2-3 more weeks and you will be able to do it. It has to be individual users that experience these issues that report them because BlackBerry takes an actual troubleshooting report from your device to analyze. Just call them about it in a few weeks. Who knows though, maybe with the US release and the anticipated version 10.1 coming out this may end up resolved. I'm not confident of it though since BlackBerry did tell me that they currently do not have a working solution to this issue.
    03-10-13 03:23 PM
    Bluetooth is fine in my old SAAB 9-5, it hasn't got it (Sorry)
    03-10-13 03:29 PM
    Seemed pretty smart suggestion, other then you posting on here trashing people about reporting that theirs works. Seemed about as appropriate as your comments.

Its the law where i am too mine works but if it didn't and I HAD to have it i would go and buy an earpiece or something.
    I would not spend time here whining and crying about peoples posts that are trying to give you suggestions. Your behaviour seems a bit trollish to me. If you cant afford a BT device let me send you one if it stops you from crying on here.

My post was simply suggesting that this seems to be an isolated issue on a very few devices, in the scheme of things this is a "minor" issue and even though they working on it, it certainly isnt going to be a priority for BB. So in the meantime if your such a unhappy customer, switch your phone or buy a bluetooth.
    03-10-13 03:30 PM
    Seemed pretty smart suggestion, other then you posting on here trashing people about reporting that theirs works. Seemed about as appropriate as your comments.

Its the law where i am too mine works but if it didn't and I HAD to have it i would go and buy an earpiece or something.
    I would not spend time here whining and crying about peoples posts that are trying to give you suggestions. Your behaviour seems a bit trollish to me. If you cant afford a BT device let me send you one if it stops you from crying on here.

My post was simply suggesting that this seems to be an isolated issue on a very few devices, in the scheme of things this is a "minor" issue and even though they working on it, it certainly isnt going to be a priority for BB. So in the meantime if your such a unhappy customer, switch your phone or buy a bluetooth.
    Seriously, take my suggestion and start your own thread, but leave this one alone. Nobody is trolling anyone. I am extremely happy with my Z10. I am also rather unhappy that the latest update busted the BT functionality. It is not "a few" devices, it is definitely more than a few, even according to BlackBerry. It is not widespread by any means affecting majority of phones, but it is a pretty important, i.e., major issue. The only reason why BlackBerry said that they cannot tell me when it will be fixed is because they have not yet narrowed down the cause.

Oh and, what do you think I am doing in the meantime? Of course I am going to have to use a headset. I am just hoping it will not have issues as well.

Bluetooth is fine in my old SAAB 9-5, it hasn't got it (Sorry)
    LOL,
    03-10-13 03:34 PM
    I have had BT issues on BB's forever. I have mine paired to my GMC Sierra Denali 3500 HD 2013, my GMC Sierra 2500 HD 2010 and a Kenwood DNX9990 in each of the two vehicles. Usually, when I see the BT connection doing stupid things, or just not working, I have to delete the device on the radio (let's refer to this as the host). I have noticed that some BT devices (hosts) don't like having the same device showing up 2 times or more in the same device list. This happens sometimes when you re-pair / change device names or update an OS.

If I were you, I'd dig a bit further into the vehicle's BT and see if the device is listed more than once, if you can. If you can't, then just delete the device and make sure your vehicle has NO BT devices paired to it at all.

Once that's done, re-pair the Z10 to it and try it. There's a good chance this will work; it has for me every time. I am in Quebec, so I understand the importance of having your Bluetooth working. Never mind the less-than-helpful clowns who've posted here. Stupid is as stupid does.

Good luck!
    03-10-13 04:03 PM
    I had trouble with Bluetooth and my Jabra Freeway.

I upgraded the firmware on the Jabra and it resolved the problem.

I am wondering if there are firmware upgrades available for the automotive Bluetooth to solve this problem ?
    03-10-13 04:16 PM
    FWIW, an Os reinstall did not fix the bluetooth sound drop out issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:26 PM
    I recently wiped my z10 after successfully using Bluetooth for audio streaming and hands free calling all day every day. It worked great before and after the software update.

But following the wipe, the Bluetooth functionality became unusable. The range seemed to be about 6 inches and from any further away I would experience cut-out or complete disconnection.

It was that way for about 3 days. It has now returned to working perfectly. Just posting my experience.

FYI my Bluetooth devices are a 2013 kia Rio and Motorola s305 Bluetooth headphones.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:35 PM
    My Z10 on the same release (and the initial SW release) kills the bluetooth in one of my vehicles as well. A 2009 Dodge truck with 'Uconnect' - The uconnect module will actually crash (and reboot when the watchdog kicks in). Of all the other phones I've used with this system, the Z10 is the first to have a problem with it.
    I have audio cut outs on my wife's Town and Country with U connect. I've paired and repaired and the issue persists. Also, same issue with my BlackBerry Music gateway.

You know what's funny about the uConnect compatibility problems - uConnect is made by QNX.
    03-10-13 09:37 PM
    I am having issues with the BT connection as well, I have a 2013 Odyssey and it keeps on disconnecting. I have tried removing the connection and adding it back on. No change. I find that for the first 10 minutes its pretty bad and then it gets better.

I also have an issue with the BB BT visor mount, it cuts out periodically on that as well. I have a motorola BT headset and it works fine on that.
    03-11-13 10:42 AM
    Alright, I have an important update. I did some more troubleshooting and I narrowed down exactly what seems to be happening in my specific case. The Bluetooth connection is not dropped or disconnected at any point in time, however, upon connecting a call the audio is being reproduced through the phone instead of through Bluetooth even though the phone is saying that both the input and output are selected as the Bluetooth device. Going to the physical phone then explicitly selecting phone followed by then explicitly selecting Bluetooth as the target for audio I/O restores the audio to the Bluetooth device and everything works as expected. This gets especially difficult if you have an incoming call because the vehicle system detects that the audio signal is no longer there so it drops out.

In short, the Bluetooth connection is there but for some reason after the new update the audio signal is not being correctly routed to the Bluetooth device and is instead being routed to the phone itself causing all sorts of problems. I have now confirmed that this happens on other Honda/Acura vehicles, and possibly other ones (see one report here by John Clark Bluetooth bug in OS 10.0.10.672 (software version ... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums).
    03-11-13 02:27 PM
    Fixed in the AT&T firmware. 10.0.10.88. I got it with an AT&T sim that I have.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 06:54 PM
    Fixed in the AT&T firmware. 10.0.10.88. I got it with an AT&T sim that I have.

Posted via CB10
    Son of a biatch! How am I supposed to get that up here! Stupid BlackBerry with their stupid carrier tied OS releases. I am going to phone their support tonight and ask them to give me the ATT version of the OS to load.
    03-11-13 07:08 PM
    I agree with what you found, now the other issue I have is when I hit the button to pick blue tooth, handset etc, it just picks speaker phone and gets stuck that way until the end of the call. With music it still cuts on and off.

The other issue is even when I have the auxiliary plugged in for music and the phone paired to a blue tooth headset the call will automatically route to the auxiliary and I can't get it to route to the headset. The older BlackBerry phones would automatically default to the headset even if auxiliary had something plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 07:19 PM
    Worked fine on a 2013 Rav4.
    03-11-13 08:47 PM
    [@everyone - of course I tried re-pairing the device. I've tried every option there is, including wiping everything from my vehicle computer related to HandsFree Link and a full device restore and nothing works with this version of the OS]

well when you bark at us for offering helpful responses you shall receive in kind
    03-12-13 08:25 AM
    [@everyone - of course I tried re-pairing the device. I've tried every option there is, including wiping everything from my vehicle computer related to HandsFree Link and a full device restore and nothing works with this version of the OS]

well when you bark at us for offering helpful responses you shall receive in kind
    Oh look, another non contributing contributor. Surprising. Listen, same applies to you as it did the other guy. If you want to express your feelings start your own thread.

Back on topic BlackBerry provided me with a not-so-elegant workaround for this issue. I will post it a bit later today.

They also said that they are treating this as a major issue to be addressed in the upcoming update for Canadian carriers.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:06 AM
    Oh look, another non contributing contributor. Surprising. Listen, same applies to you as it did the other guy. If you want to express your feelings start your own thread.

Back on topic BlackBerry provided me with a not-so-elegant workaround for this issue. I will post it a bit later today.

They also said that they are treating this as a major issue to be addressed in the upcoming update for Canadian carriers.

Posted via CB10
    Good news. Bluetooth is important. I'm surprised this slipped through the cracks.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 10:20 AM
    I've experienced this issue as well with my 3rd party stereo system by Sony. I will be playing music off of bluetooth then when I get a call I can talk and have the conversation, but when the call ends, no matter what I do the audio from the music player won't come back through the speakers, almost like it's muted. I can skip and pause/play the music but the music doesn't come through unless i disconnect and reconnect. This doesn't happen ALL the time, but it has happened on more than a few occasions which is a annoying. Also ran into issues when I'm using the navigator and it speaks, the music lowers, but often take 2 or 3 minutes to increase the volume of the background music to where it originally was before the navigator voice started. Once again this doesn't occur every time, but definitely on more than a few occasions in the past 2 or 3 weeks.
    03-12-13 10:32 AM
69 123