Hi there,

It appears that the latest release of the software has introduced a nasty Bluetooth bug. Before this release my Z10 worked perfectly fine with my HandsFree Link in my 2006 Acura TL. However, since I installed the latest OS release 10.0.10.672 (software version 10.0.10.85) I can pair with the vehicle however any call in or out causes the Bluetooth connection to be instantaneously dropped. The device simply cannot manage a conversation. Please note that the device itself does not disconnect (it is still paired), but it cannot service any audio between the vehicle and the Z10. Restoring to an older release of the OS fixes this issue. I have even tried the leaked OS 10.0.10.648 and that one does not have this problem either. Only the new OS has this problem.

Is there any way to get this resolved at all? It is a pretty critical feature for me as hands-free usage is mandated by law in British Columbia.

Please advise.

Thanks!
    03-09-13 08:39 PM
    Are you sure that this is not specific to your car? I have not had any issue with my 2011 BMW. Before the update and after. Works perfectly.

(BC Driver)

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:42 PM
    Mine is still working fine in my Dodge, so maybe a simple wipe and reload will do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 08:43 PM
    working fine with parrot mki9200
    03-09-13 08:45 PM
    Well, it may be just my car...or cars that would have the same config as mine. What is relevant is that this OS update broke Bluetooth with my car. I suspect that other Z10 owners with this OS version that drive 2005 - 2009 Acura TL cars may have the same type of problem, but I do not own multiple vehicles to confirm this. I have also tried an OS reload with no success. Loading an old OS release fixes the problem, but then I get all of the other problems back such as calendar sync issues and battery life issues.
    03-09-13 08:57 PM
    i have 0 issues with at least 3 vehicles and few devices,.....

Best solution I can give you, dont use the new OS. wait for the new one and see what happens then. New OS doesnt always mean better.
    03-09-13 09:15 PM
    Yeah, I don't think that I can really go back to the old OS release either. Battery life was killer in the old release. I think I will just find a Bluetooth headset to use until the issue is fixed. I am on hold right now with BB support.
    03-09-13 09:23 PM
    Well, it may be just my car...or cars that would have the same config as mine. What is relevant is that this OS update broke Bluetooth with my car. I suspect that other Z10 owners with this OS version that drive 2005 - 2009 Acura TL cars may have the same type of problem, but I do not own multiple vehicles to confirm this. I have also tried an OS reload with no success. Loading an old OS release fixes the problem, but then I get all of the other problems back such as calendar sync issues and battery life issues.
    I'd suggest you tweet @michaelclewley at BlackBerry. He's the man to get this fixed in some future release.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:11 PM
    This may be a valid issue. I've experienced audio cut out with a Sonata while on BT. It comes back after a few seconds.
    03-09-13 10:15 PM
    Before you rollbacked your OS, did you try something simpler? Like deleting your existing bluetooth pairing and then re-pairing your phone to your car.
    Andrew4life and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-09-13 10:24 PM
    My Z10 on the same release (and the initial SW release) kills the bluetooth in one of my vehicles as well. A 2009 Dodge truck with 'Uconnect' - The uconnect module will actually crash (and reboot when the watchdog kicks in). Of all the other phones I've used with this system, the Z10 is the first to have a problem with it. It seems to be related to the car trying to download the phonebook/contact list (it crashes after this process completes).
    03-09-13 10:33 PM
    My 2005 BMW 5 series works fine too.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:35 PM
    Mine works like a charm on 2011 tundra

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:35 PM
    Since you downgraded your phone, you must have rebooted it but in my case, until I did a second reboot after the upgrade, my Bluetooth car speaker would connect to my phone but the sound would still be heard from my phone instead of my car speaker. A reboot fixed that.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 10:56 PM
    Did you try deleting the existing pair and repairing? Worth a try

I'm old and cranky so be careful
    Andrew4life and sf49ers like this.
    03-09-13 11:32 PM
    A work around would be to buy a blue tooth car speaker or ear piece. That's what I am doing as my stereo in my car doesn't have blue tooth.
    03-09-13 11:33 PM
    Like 2 other people have said. Try deleting the bluetooth profile/connection (preferably all of them). Restart. Then try pairing the phone to your car again. I know my current BB (Torch) has issues from time to time and all I do is just delete and pair again.
    03-09-13 11:50 PM
    Hummm! I tried everything and the bluetooth connection between my hearings aids and phone is pretty bad since the last update. Currently cannot take calls like I did before.
    03-10-13 10:45 AM
    Fine with a blackberry VM 605

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 10:50 AM
    U would need to get ur car replaced

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:19 PM
    @everyone - of course I tried re-pairing the device. I've tried every option there is, including wiping everything from my vehicle computer related to HandsFree Link and a full device restore and nothing works with this version of the OS.

This may be a valid issue. I've experienced audio cut out with a Sonata while on BT. It comes back after a few seconds.
    Hummm! I tried everything and the bluetooth connection between my hearings aids and phone is pretty bad since the last update. Currently cannot take calls like I did before.
    I'd suggest you tweet @michaelclewley at BlackBerry. He's the man to get this fixed in some future release.

Posted via CB10
    After speaking to a senior BlackBerry analyst last night about this problem they told me that this is actually a known issue right now. They have not yet determined the cause or issued a fix for it but they have reassured me that it will be addressed in upcoming updates. Unfortunately they could not give me a timeline when this is going to happen. They have not had a very large number of users report this problem, but they have certainly had multiple reports related to this and have confirmed that there is an issue in some cases.

U would need to get ur car replaced

Posted via CB10
    LMAO
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-10-13 12:29 PM
    I've got some iffy BT connections in my Mercedes B Class after the Bell upgrade, so i agree with the OP

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 12:55 PM
    I've got some iffy BT connections in my Mercedes B Class after the Bell upgrade, so i agree with the OP

Posted via CB10
    Call Bell, tell them the issues, that you have not been able to resolve it and that you want to report a bug to BlackBerry. They should put you through to BlackBerry support who will then do a quick investigation of your issues and help you submit a troubleshooting report to them so that they can investigate the problem further. The more of us report this the faster they will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    shebmiller likes this.
    03-10-13 01:05 PM
    Seems to work fine in my Rondo.

Maybe you should have bought a KIA?

03-10-13 01:06 PM
    Seems to work fine in my Rondo.

Maybe you should have bought a KIA?

Cute, but nobody benefits from the "seems to work in my [insert some car here]". I've already posted that BlackBerry acknowledged that there is a problem. It does not affect everyone though so the more people we get that report this issue the faster a fix will be issued.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dejanh; 03-10-13 at 01:24 PM.
    mset likes this.
    03-10-13 01:13 PM
69 123