So a while back I asked around how mail.com worked on bb10... No one really knew, or at least I didn't get a definitive answer.
    Well today I set it up myself on my shiny white z10 and to my surprise it works just as good as gmail. For the record, I do not pay for the premium service, which is supposed to work better on mobile devices? I don't know, anyhow...
    I tested it by sending an email to both my gmail and mail.com addresses and they got there simultaneously.

Just thought I clear this up. I am not too sure whether it uses pop or imap or whathaveyou (I'm really clueless about this aspect in particular) but there you go.
    The reason why I am ecstatic about this is because mail.com allows you to have custom domains(is that what it's called?) so for instance mine is *****@post.com and they have like 50 different domain to choose from.
    04-18-13 03:32 PM
    Thanks for posting an update. This is good to know. :-)

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-18-13 03:34 PM
    I have a mail.com email address as well. I got it set up ok and I can send and receive mail. The problem starts when I try to reply to a message or forward it. It always fails to go and displays the red circle next to the message.

Can you share your imap and smtp settings for reference?
    lgfaver likes this.
    04-18-13 06:15 PM
    to be quite honest I haven't tried to reply or send emails yet(only received) but I will give it a try and report back

EDIT

You were right, there is a problem there... I get that same red circle.
    well this sucks, how could we go about solving this issue? guess I'll try tweeting them? haahah...
    I tried this I suggest you submit one too.
    Last edited by lgfaver; 04-18-13 at 06:35 PM.
    04-18-13 06:23 PM
    **update: Not sure why but I can reply, forward, send and receive only on one of my accounts. The other one I can only receive emails. I changed the settings so it would look like the one that actually works but no luck there.
    I don't know what else to do. Like I said, I don't pay for a premium account so I'm confused as to why one of them works perfectly and the other one doesnt.
    04-18-13 10:52 PM
    It's very frustrating. I did a bit of casting about on Google and it seems BlackBerry are aware of the issue. It says on one of there error pages that they are investigating and there is no time scale for resolution.

The error message given is "Message Status: Protocol layer was unable to send a message." I don't think it is limited to mail.com either. There seems to be some people using other services with the same complaint.

It's my main email address so it's causing me some problems.
    04-19-13 03:21 AM
    Ok, so today I heard back from Mail.com c/support and this is is what they said...

" the SMTP feature is a Premium feature and therefore available to all our Premium members. Your account is currently not a Premium account and if it has worked previously you may have not been transitioned to the right settings until now. SMTP feature has always been a Premium feature and you can continue using it by upgrading to a Premium account."

So, apparently one of my accounts has been upgraded to premium(God knows how?) even though I haven't paid a dime, and the other one hasn't. I've don't think 20 bucks a year is too much but I'm not sure I want to spend money just to have a custom domain email address.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-20-13 02:36 AM
    Ahh, that explains it then. It isn't worth paying for me, I was only using it to separate out work mail from personal and I don't have a custom domain.

I'll probably just use Hotmail or something else.

Thanks for the information though. It's unusual to find a Web mail provider that charges for some features.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:40 AM
    Ahh, that explains it then. It isn't worth paying for me, I was only using it to separate out work mail from personal and I don't have a custom domain.

I'll probably just use Hotmail or something else.

Thanks for the information though. It's unusual to find a Web mail provider that charges for some features.

Posted via CB10
    You could use Outlook.com for personal email and get the benefit of push email.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-20-13 07:44 AM
    Happy to report that mail.com is now fully functional on my z10. I tested it with various email accounts(@post/@usa)
    and they all seemed to work. So I can confirm the z10 can now send and receive emails using a mail.com account.
    05-05-13 12:35 AM
    This is because mail com was bought by 1and1 a big Web hosting company.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-05-13 06:13 AM
    hmm I didn't know that. As you can tell by how recent this thread is, I was under the impression that you still had to pay for the premium service. Oh well, I'm not gonna complain(obviously)
    05-14-13 09:33 PM