Operate cassette on a wire with my ML-320 Bose (14 years old) via headphone out. Tonite noted interference with stereo about every 10-15 seconds. Stopped when I disabled both wireless and data and then resumed when I re-enabled. Z10/4 is from Walmart. Say it ain't so ! Will continue to investigate. Does not happen with Torch 9850 or PB. App is Neutron. Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 05-19-13 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-19-13 09:08 PM
    Quite likely. LTE on Verizon operates exclusively on the 700mhz band. This band is known to cause electromagnetic interference on some consumer devices, such as cable TV boxes, and especially on the cables and connectors. I would not be surprised if it also interferes with the electromagnetic operation of the cassette tape playback head.

The signal might be picked up by the wire running into the cassette, effectively acting as an antenna. You may be able to reduce the problem by using a shielded wire and connector between the Z10 and the cassette tape. Varying the length of the wire might also help, but others more familiar with radio antenna design would probably be more qualified to tell you about that.

Other options include:
    • ask your dealer or car stereo shop to add a wired and suitably shielded AUX input that leads to the rear of your stereo
    • experiment with one of those wireless FM-transmitter gizmo's that attach to your phone and send your music to your FM radio
    • add a BlueTooth music gateway, plugged into an aux input of your stereo
    DoctorNeutron likes this.
    05-20-13 01:30 AM
    TY for prompt reply. Main event even was Sunday at 9:30 PM. Could not replicate this AM. Will continue to study and use your comments to help. Could not even repeat at midnight with cheap set of head phones. EM waves can be messy. Also, VZN might have been doing PMs.
    05-20-13 03:24 PM