Hi everyone! I just switched to a Z10 after using IOS devices for almost 5 years now.

The good news is that I am absolutely loving it!... I was getting tired of staring at the same boring home screen release after release. So the Z10 is a great welcome change for me.

Set aside the low number of blockbuster apps (which I know will get better with time), I'm loving everything about it except for one thing... battery life.

I noticed some people saying that they are medium to heavy users and they are easily getting 12 - 14 hours of use out of the Z10.

For me... I would consider myself a light to medium user and it's hard to get 12 hours out of the device.

Just today - I unplugged my phone at 8 and I am now at 10% battery. My son played angry birds for about 20 minutes and I used the camera app for about 20 minutes as well. I have bt and nfc off... but other than than, my settings are stock.

Should I be concerned? should I try maybe a clean reinstall of the firmware?

Cheers! Martin

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:06 PM
    I'm guessing that you have downloaded the update. It significantly increases the battery life of the z10.
    03-24-13 03:09 PM
    Yeah, the first place to start is the update. In my z10 experience, the Samsung galaxy s3's battery cannot hold a candle to the z10 and I only just updated to the latest os version yesterday
    03-24-13 03:14 PM
    OK this is odd.. during my initial setup of the z10 it did an update and I was at 10.85... but when I go to check for updates it says I have one available... also 10.85???? weird.

So I updated anyways even though it's the same version. We'll see how that goes

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 03:21 PM
    Make sure you have the latest OS. Also, the battery will improve after a couple days.....dunno why, but it does

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    03-24-13 03:21 PM
    Make sure you have the latest OS. Also, the battery will improve after a couple days.....dunno why, but it does

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Mine was great from day 1, but maybe that is because mine was already fully updated in the box?
    03-24-13 03:34 PM
    I testet several settings for battery life and at the moment i have 2-3 days, WITHOUT pushmail. I switched of gmail push, active sync push to our company and have this incredible batterielife. Sadly i have to switch on push tomorrow, so 1 day up to 14 hours will be the maximum.
    03-24-13 03:54 PM
    I change the sync rate of my calendar and contacts for my Gmail account to 24 hours. Hopefully that will make a difference. Also lowered the brightness a bit. I'll revert back with results

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:09 PM
    My problem seems to be the battery never fully charges. I plug in my z10 at night before bed, it sits to charge for at least 8 hrs but when I get up in the morning the bettery doesnt show fully charges and the lightning bolt continues to flash. I assume like on my curve when its fully charged the bolt goes away and a plug shows up.
    03-24-13 06:58 PM
    My problem seems to be the battery never fully charges. I plug in my z10 at night before bed, it sits to charge for at least 8 hrs but when I get up in the morning the bettery doesnt show fully charges and the lightning bolt continues to flash. I assume like on my curve when its fully charged the bolt goes away and a plug shows up.
    Are you using the out of the box Z10 charger? Not sure... maybe it's not getting enough juice? did you try another power outlet as well?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:03 PM
    yeah, I wish there will be a good battery case.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-24-13 07:18 PM
    Doesn't the battery get better after repeated recharges? A brand new battery doesn't hold power as well?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:23 PM
    I've found that in most cases with new phones, the battery life seems to improve a bit after a few days to a week of use.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:29 PM
    Yep using the supplied bbry charger from the box. I will move outlets tonight and see if that makes a difference.
    03-24-13 07:31 PM
    If you loaded BlackBerry Travel and turned on the auto scan feature, it will kill your battery life. Literally reduced my life by 50% and was overheating the CPU in the process... Turned off the auto scan and everything is back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and mea18 like this.
    03-24-13 08:24 PM
    OK this is odd.. during my initial setup of the z10 it did an update and I was at 10.85... but when I go to check for updates it says I have one available... also 10.85???? weird.

So I updated anyways even though it's the same version. We'll see how that goes

Posted via CB10
    This issue is probably due to an uninstall of a built in application...one that was loaded by your carrier. When you remove them the phone will say you have another update to put then back. Best way to get them out of the way is to put them in a junk folder and leave them there.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:34 PM
    This issue is probably due to an uninstall of a built in application...one that was loaded by your carrier. When you remove them the phone will say you have another update to put then back. Best way to get them out of the way is to put them in a junk folder and leave them there.

Posted via CB10
    Yup that was it... I removed the Box app and checked for updates and there it was... same update really to be applied. I applied it and Box came back. Is there anyways to get rid of bloatware?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:38 PM
    OK - today was a better. Unplugged my phone at 7:30 and it's now 10 : 30pm and I have 25% battery left.

I made zero calls today and didn't play any games. Wrote maybe 2 texts and played music for about 20 minutes.

Screen brightness is at 25%, BT and NFC off.

I guess this is pretty good. What do you guys think? Phone is now 5 days old.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:42 PM
    OK - today was a better. Unplugged my phone at 7:30 and it's now 10 : 30pm and I have 25% battery left.

I made zero calls today and didn't play any games. Wrote maybe 2 texts and played music for about 20 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Not bad. Make sure your email settings are not trying to sync every 15 min. Set longer intervals will help too.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    You should start to see better performance after 5 days depending if you can put the phone down.

In my first week battery life was poor but then again I could not put it down.

It has improved a lot since February 5th when I first got it.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:00 PM
    If you loaded BlackBerry Travel and turned on the auto scan feature, it will kill your battery life. Literally reduced my life by 50% and was overheating the CPU in the process... Turned off the auto scan and everything is back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    Just turned mine off. Hopefully will have better battery life tomorrow.
    03-25-13 10:14 PM
    Just turned mine off. Hopefully will have better battery life tomorrow.
    Ha I took more drastic measures. I un installed mine as it definitely dominated the battery. How is it going to know when to add new trips with the scan feature disabled?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:21 PM
    today i used my phone excessively in the morning and I guess i was also in the subway. it was drained down to 8% by 2pm
    03-25-13 10:35 PM
    In my first week battery life was poor but then again I could not put it down.
    This might be my problem God I love my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:37 PM
    Battery Guru says I have 509 charge cycles... that can't be right...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:51 PM
31 12