For all the power and speed that BB10 has brought to the table, theres one tiny thing that has been bothering me. It doesnt even relate to communication even, but it bugs me.

On my 9900, 9800, and 9700 (im pretty sure the others did it too but its been too long to remember) If i wanted to find a song, id go anywhere in the media screen, and start typing. The OS would INSTANTLY start showing me songs and narrowing them down as i typed. Instantly, no delay.

On my z10, the whole feel of the media player is nicer, but the search is very slow compared to prior OS', even minor changes to my search give me that spinning circle
    04-05-13 11:15 AM
    For all the power and speed that BB10 has brought to the table, theres one tiny thing that has been bothering me. It doesnt even relate to communication even, but it bugs me.

On my 9900, 9800, and 9700 (im pretty sure the others did it too but its been too long to remember) If i wanted to find a song, id go anywhere in the media screen, and start typing. The OS would INSTANTLY start showing me songs and narrowing them down as i typed. Instantly, no delay.

On my z10, the whole feel of the media player is nicer, but the search is very slow compared to prior OS', even minor changes to my search give me that spinning circle
    Not sure what your issue is here. The thread title indicates that you think something is missing. Yet your post complains that a search is just slower.
    04-05-13 11:18 AM
    Not sure what your issue is here. The thread title indicates that you think something is missing. Yet your post complains that a search is just slower.
    i meant i was missing that feature, like i would miss a person
    04-05-13 12:21 PM
    I think you'll get over it LOL. But seriously, maybe with the next update they'll fix the media search. I just think BB main focus was their OS.
    04-05-13 12:32 PM
    But its not even a feature that you're missing, its the speed of the search
    04-05-13 12:40 PM
    Hence the clarification in the title,"not even a feature "

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:47 PM
    My z10 does the search instantly.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 12:49 PM
    My z10 does the search instantly.

Posted via CB10
    + 1 mine does as well. No issues here
    04-05-13 12:51 PM
    If I search for a song within an album it finds the album immediately. I don't have a lot of music on my phone yet so perhaps it slows down if you have many gigs there?
    04-05-13 12:57 PM
    About 14gb on mine. Mix of albums and singles spread between a music and a downloaded music folder, some me , some m4 and some flac...

Maybe those are contributing factors

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:02 PM
    I just tried it on mine (search for a song) ....it does it instantly with no lag. Give your phone a reboot

I should say thanks by the way, never thought to search for a song that way, I always opened up the music player and went fishing for it ...... thanks for pointing out you can do this!! LOL
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-05-13 01:07 PM
    Hence the clarification in the title,"not even a feature "

Posted via CB10
    Gotcha! Understand the clarification in the title but this...

...is what I was referring to and quoting lol
    04-05-13 01:09 PM
    Yea yea yea leave me alone

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:09 PM
    About 14gb on mine. Mix of albums and singles spread between a music and a downloaded music folder, some me , some m4 and some flac...

Maybe those are contributing factors

Posted via CB10
    Possibly. But even when I do a regular search from the home screen, it is still instant.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:12 PM
    Possibly. But even when I do a regular search from the home screen, it is still instant.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried that, it's faster from home screen than from media player.

Problem solved

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-05-13 01:21 PM

I can see a bit of what you mean, in the music app. The search has like 1/4 second circle spin each time you type a letter to search for a song.

But oddly enough, if you use the universal search (the magnifying glass on the bottom of the home screen) when you type each letter to search for the song, it is truly instant.

Honestly though, 1/4 second delay for a search in the music app should be considered instant. Maybe it's longer for you because you have like 30 gigs of music or something?

Hope that helps.

Whoops, looks like some people beat me to it.

Posted via CB10
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    04-05-13 01:22 PM
    Just tried that, it's faster from home screen than from media player.

Problem solved

Posted via CB10
    Great!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 01:43 PM
    I am getting tired of these threads with a typical response "I am sure it will be fixed in the next update." Thorsten Heins publicly announced the reason that the BlackBerry Z10 took so long to release was "to get it right". Apparently, they haven't got it right but in the meantime the BlackBerry Z10 "mysteriously" launched itself around the world.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-05-13 01:43 PM
    That's kind of weird that your search takes long like that. Mine is literally instant. Even if I delete or add a few letters, it updates the results instantly. I wonder what's causing yours to slow down like that. Good luck figuring it out.
    04-05-13 01:46 PM
    Huh? Just hit the magnifying glass on the bottom. Start typing and that's it. Same thing

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:27 PM

Spinning circle? Does this phone still do that hour glass nonsense?
    04-05-13 02:32 PM
    Spinning circle? Does this phone still do that hour glass nonsense?
    No, he's talking about the waiting sign in the search specifically. It's not the hour glass you're talking about. Not even close. In fact, I don't think the phone even has a universal "waiting" symbol at all (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
    04-05-13 02:34 PM
    Huh? Just hit the magnifying glass on the bottom. Start typing and that's it. Same thing

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, it's not the same thing. Opening up a song in the music app gives you a lot more function then opening the same song in the universal search.

Can't understand why BlackBerry Just didn't allow it to open up in the music app.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:36 PM
    I am getting tired of these threads with a typical response "I am sure it will be fixed in the next update." Thorsten Heins publicly announced the reason that the BlackBerry Z10 took so long to release was "to get it right". Apparently, they haven't got it right but in the meantime the BlackBerry Z10 "mysteriously" launched itself around the world.
    Then apparently there is not an OS on the planet that "got it right", as there is always some type of update occurring.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:46 PM
    Can't understand why BlackBerry Just didn't allow it to open up in the music app.
    +1. It kind of makes the search function useless for playing music, unless you specifically want to play that 1 song and stop listening. Though it is a cool show off of the invocation framework
    04-05-13 02:47 PM
37 12