I'm having a love hate relationship with my Z10.

I love the peak feature, but find so much of the rest of it a bit half-baked.

For example, why can't you send an email straight into Remember, e.g. if you received a software registration code in an email and wanted to remember it?

Why can't you book an appointment with someone when you're looking at their details in Contacts?

Why does the favorites at the top of the screen look different when you are in 'Calls' to when you're in Contacts?

Why can you not customize the three persistant icons at the bottom of the screen (e.g. to add another two such as Calandar and Contacts?

Why can you not Facebook message someone from within contacts?

Why in music can you not view Artists, and then view Albums by that artist? You just get a long list of tracks. And it is just plain stupid that when you go to Genres you just get a long list of all tracks in that genre. That's just plain stupid. You should get a list of Albums or Artists, or the option to choose.

etc, etc, etc.

Blackberry talk about 'Flow' all the time, but I think there is a serious lack of 'flow' and true integration, and this should have been in from the get-go.

Also, where are the massive differentiators from other OS. Where's the truly great quantum leap. All I can think of is the Peak feature and the multitasking. These are NOT features that are going to drive the man on the street into the shops to get this phone.

I'm amazed that if RIM staff have been using this device on a day-to-day basis for the last few months that nobody has noticed any of this stuff.
    02-26-13 06:56 AM
    A lot of good points and ideas for improvement there. Seems to me that these types of features and shortcuts are all about fine-tuning the OS. That will happen over time. I would say it is currently missing some of the 'icing on the cake' as opposed to being half-baked.
    02-26-13 07:05 AM
    I love my Z10 but yet again this morning I had to re-enter my main email password again. Twice. I had my Storm 1 for four years and four months yet NEVER had this problem. Same email address. Same usage. Same locations. Meanwhile, no emails get through. Pathetic. WHY???

If BlackBerry is reading these forums, please fix. Urgently.
    02-26-13 07:07 AM
    Fair enough, and i understand it can be frustrating, and i agree that this comments can be useful for coming updates, but these kind of titles ("No truly Unique Selling Point and too many downgraded features") could be (unintentionally) quite harmful, because they show on the internet, Google and stuff, and the competition is always looking for these kind of things to harm BlackBerry, so please next time, just post something like (some improvements to be consider) or something like that.

Cheers !!
    02-26-13 07:13 AM
    In time we will see these improvements and who is to say it will not be in the next OS update?
    02-26-13 07:16 AM
    I love my Z10 but yet again this morning I had to re-enter my main email password again. Twice. I had my Storm 1 for four years and four months yet NEVER had this problem. Same email address. Same usage. Same locations. Meanwhile, no emails get through. Pathetic. WHY???

If BlackBerry is reading these forums, please fix. Urgently.
    I don't see this issue with my carrier or email service.
    02-26-13 07:16 AM

I'm amazed that if RIM staff have been using this device on a day-to-day basis for the last few months that nobody has noticed any of this stuff.
    What makes you think they haven't? You seem to be forgetting, this is a fresh start. The first BBOS didn't have all the features it does now and BlackBerry 10 will be built onto for many years to come. I agree, somethings left out are just completely stupid but there had to be a point that came where they locked enough stuff down to actually ship the device and that time came. They couldn't go on without releasing something and this is what we got, now they'll continue to build onto it.

The good news is they already know this and are already ahead of what you're seeing now. They've been gathering feedback, taking suggestions and listening to the consumers about what is wrong, not there, missing and overall.. just wanted as additions to the OS. They've not just dropped everything and said, "Ah well.. it's shipped.. we're done here." In the end, I know that means diddly squat to you but obviously there was a reason you decided to buy a Z10 in the first place and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because you had some blind faith that BlackBerry had instantly made their OS perfect in comparison to everything else on the market.
    arfin, PCMC, HedoBum and 1 others like this.
    02-26-13 07:28 AM
    OP,

If you Flag an email it sends it to Remember.

Music volume dropping and raising when a message arrives is a bit annoying. It's a new phone on its first os though, I'll wait.
    yorkieman2 likes this.
    02-26-13 07:30 AM
    It will come. Be patient.

It will come Blackberry-wise : one update every six months, delayed by three months, and then when it comes only two or three minor improvements... and new bugs.
    02-26-13 07:31 AM
    It will come. Be patient.

It will come Blackberry-wise : one update every six months, delayed by three months, and then when it comes only two or three minor improvements... and new bugs.
    Not true as blackberry will be rolling out an OS update every 1-3 months depends on how badly it is needed, but for now it will be 1-2 weeks to get the OS up to snuff for some users that is.
    02-26-13 07:34 AM
    Fair enough, and i understand it can be frustrating, and i agree that this comments can be useful for coming updates, but these kind of titles ("No truly Unique Selling Point and too many downgraded features") could be (unintentionally) quite harmful, because they show on the internet, Google and stuff, and the competition is always looking for these kind of things to harm BlackBerry, so please next time, just post something like (some improvements to be consider) or something like that.

Cheers !!
    I'm convinced that the wording of many of the thread titles is fully intended to do just what you say it could do.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    02-26-13 07:36 AM
    I don't see this issue with my carrier or email service.
    There is another thread about this on Crackberry: I am not the only one to suffer this problem. At first, I thought it was me, making a silly mistake or unintended gesture or swipe. It is such a fundamental functionality, and one that is Blackberry's raison d'etre, so much so that my years with my Storm never gave me any email issues at all, ever, that it never occurred to me that it might be a design flaw. But then I found out here that others have had the same trouble. It seems that the Z10 email process is designed to stop polling the server or something (I'm no geek) whenever it suffers loss of signal for a certain time. Then email polling shuts off, in order to save battery power, and you have to re-enter your password before any more emails will come through.

I am a very strong supporter of BlackBerry and I never cease trying to spread the good word about BB products such as the PlayBook and the Z10. But lack of email, even for a short while, damages my business. BlackBerry need to address these issues and fast. The more public exposure there is, the quicker they will act. If there is a route straight to Blackberry's management tasked to resolving customer perceived design issues, I will happily go there first. I have no desire to sully the Z10's name as it is a fantastic phone. I will now seek out avenues to express my concerns directly with BB.
    02-26-13 07:42 AM
    OP,

If you Flag an email it sends it to Remember.

Music volume dropping and raising when a message arrives is a bit annoying. It's a new phone on its first os though, I'll wait.
    It's actually par for the course, Android does it.. iOS does it.. though, I can't remember if Windows Phone 8 does.

Also, you can forward an email right to Evernote which in turn will also have it show up in Remember. You just need to know your Evernote upload email which can be found on the Evernote website. The first time you do it, Evernote will also email you tips on how to create folders and such just by adding "operators".
    Ben1232 likes this.
    02-26-13 07:42 AM
    I have now registered for the Blackberry Beta Zone. I will post my user observations and functionality requests there in future. In the meantime, be in no doubt that I absolutely love my Z10, recommend it unreservedly to anyone who will listen, and remain confident that the BlackBerry Z10 experience will only ever get better.
    02-26-13 08:06 AM
    These dont really bother me. But they will probably be fixed in the next version
    02-26-13 08:16 AM
    I love my Z10 but yet again this morning I had to re-enter my main email password again.
    Interesting, my PlayBook does that (asks to re-enter email password) every day or two, but only for my Comcast (cable provider) email account, never my gmail. And right, my 9650 has never had that problem in two years.
    02-26-13 08:34 AM
    Interesting, my PlayBook does that (asks to re-enter email password) every day or two, but only for my Comcast (cable provider) email account, never my gmail. And right, my 9650 has never had that problem in two years.
    I've had this issue when bandwidth has been poor to the mail account on my Playbook. If you don't do anything it will work without a problem when it gets better. hope this helps.
    02-26-13 08:48 AM
    Thanks y'all.

You've raised some valid points. I feel a tad guilty posting this thread now.

PCMC said "I would say it is currently missing some of the 'icing on the cake' as opposed to being half-baked." and I think he's spot on.

I just hope they can get a major update out prior to the roll-out in the USA, as the phone is 85% of the way there. That extra 15% and a few more key apps would make it a worthy contender.

And thanks for the heads-up on the Flag putting things in Remember. It seems a quirky way of doing it, but heck, if it works then it is good for now.

Oh, and I've had the problem with having to re-enter my email password on numerous occasions now, but as I'm not the only one, I'm sure they'll have that fixed in the next update.

Here's hoping they can build on all the good work that's been done and transform it from a great version 1 release into a stunningly awesome version 1.1 release :-)
    PCMC likes this.
    02-26-13 08:53 AM

Oh, and I've had the problem with having to re-enter my email password on numerous occasions now, but as I'm not the only one, I'm sure they'll have that fixed in the next update.
    They fix things at Blackberry ?

I will have to see that...
    02-26-13 08:59 AM
    Also, if GMail asks for your password.. it's uhh, well... not always BB's fault.. lol. You should always check and see if Google is having issues..

http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=...=1361937599000
    02-26-13 02:23 PM
    There's no point in complaining on here how bad things are...send your feedback to BlackBerry so they know what needs to be fixed and can work on getting these issues rectified in upcoming updates.
    Too many people aren't getting the concept of brand new OS.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    02-26-13 02:37 PM