first things first, im not an english major. in other words forgive me for grammar/spelling mistakes. the point to why im writing this, is just as the title says. I love my 9900 because of the keyboard and i honestly thought about switching to the nokia 920 or even the nexus 4 but come back to the same point. i cant seem to live without my keyboard, or at least would rather not want to. the new bb 10 devices i have a few things that have been really upsetting me and sadly crackberry members/editors/posters and everyone else here, dont seem to want to address the big issue of hardware specs. CPU/GPU is a huge thing from gaming to multitasking. im aware the 4470 is powerful but its already going out of date with tegra 4 out (not in products yet, i get that), S4 pro 600 (or whatever its called) and samsung exynos octa-core coming too. a dual core, uni graphic is not going to be able to compete with the big boys. and to make matters worst from the start, blackberry is already behind the current cream of the crop phones (iPhone 5, and all the 5" FHD phones out/coming out soon etc) at least in terms of specs. in my opinion only apple seems to get that demanding apps/games need more GPU then CPU. look at the iphone 5 for example. it uses the SGX543MP3 (tri graphic cards). games need more GPU when will blackberry realize this? with that being said, people are going to point to the fact of efficiency of coding and the OS it self. apple is ALL NATIVE (hence why i use them in my example and not google)
    01-15-13 04:49 PM
    2 gig ram,355 ppi,50 fps,QNX.Sound like you didnt do your research gaming already confirmed to be a beast on bb10.Paragraphs are your friend.Post count suspect looks like troll.
    01-15-13 05:51 PM
    did i blame the ram? no. as for FPS the iphone is 60 hz, wp 8 is 60 same with android 4.2. i didnt even know it was 50 fps thanks for that info. beast in what? what numbers do you have to support that is 'beast'? ya, my post count is low because i dont really like posting much its just people defend it even though its CLEARLY out of date.
    01-15-13 08:26 PM
    I don't think you are at the market segment RIM is targeting at...
    cfx_will likes this.
    01-15-13 11:03 PM
    As I like many others have watched many vid clips on the new Z10 and the O/S that was not even the final release of the software, there is no doubt in my mind this phone is going to be blazing fast! It has been quoted that gaming IS going to be a beast on this phone. That is IF gaming is your thing or the primary thing you are going to be using the phone (To me it makes no difference as I am only into games for light entertainment). Developers have coded for games that are going to be on Z10, and I'm for certain that they are going to run at the levels in which they are intended to run. Speed is not going to be an issue on this phone. RIM is dumping a ton of money into all aspects of this phone with high hopes for a successful launch of Z10 and all of the other berries that are going to be debuting in the next coming months, and IF things were not to run smoothly they know chances of surviving in the tech world would pretty much be slim to none. They have "WOWED" most of us with what we have been shown so far, so I am sure there are going to be very few disappointments.

They know exactly what they have to do in order for them to be successful and take that first giant leap in competing with the other available platforms. They already "Upped" the memory, and possibly the battery for these phones. They are pulling out all of the stops to regain some of what they once had in the smart phone market. To any that may have doubts, all you can do it try it out. If it is not the platform or does not have that "WOW" factor that you are looking for, move on, as this probably is not the phone you are looking for. Throwing out all kinds of different numbers and figures and getting into the specs, when all is said and done, does not mean much to most people. Remember, it is how everything works in conjunction with each other that at the end of the day is going to be what matters the most. To me, and I am sure I am not alone in this dept, specs are only for people that like to go around and play the "My phone is better then your phone game", and even that is going to be a temporary thing, as I am sure in 3 months down the line when the next latest and greatest is out, you are going to be singing a different tune.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-16-13 12:03 AM
    2 gig ram,355 ppi,50 fps,QNX.Sound like you didnt do your research gaming already confirmed to be a beast on bb10.Paragraphs are your friend.Post count suspect looks like troll.
    Lol I love your "confirmations". Gaming on BB10 will be adequate, not "beast". GPU is well below the market leaders, and I have no clue where you pull "50 fps" from but it means nothing in this context.
    01-16-13 09:26 AM
    I mean if you own or ever used a playbook then you know gaming is top notch Mc3, nova,dead space all play clean and crispy as intended so I don't see why the phone would be any different
    01-16-13 10:13 AM
    Another "0h no - the specs" thread. :-(

I'm holding to my stance of playing with the final released product to see how well the hardware interacts with the software and if it strikes the right balance for smoothness. And giving little credence to the "Look at my 16 core, 960 DPI, 1080P Smartphone that goes for 35 minutes on a single charge and has no apps that make use of all this power" posturing.
    01-16-13 10:40 AM
    Gaming on BB10 will be adequate, not "beast"
    I will be very interested to see how the game makers support BlackBerry 10. I imagine a lot of people don't think of "BlackBerry" as a a device that can play games other than Brickbreaker.

The PlayBook ultimately got games that were quite a step up from the BlackBerry OS smartphones once the NDK came out and the various game engines were supported, so that's encouraging. On the other hand, the BlackBerry 7 devices were capable of a lot better graphics than many of the games would suggest.
    01-16-13 10:43 AM
    The space bar is your friend.
    rimlover likes this.
    01-16-13 11:14 AM
    first things first, im not an english major. in other words forgive me for grammar/spelling mistakes. the point to why im writing this, is just as the title says. I love my 9900 because of the keyboard and i honestly thought about switching to the nokia 920 or even the nexus 4 but come back to the same point. i cant seem to live without my keyboard, or at least would rather not want to. the new bb 10 devices i have a few things that have been really upsetting me and sadly crackberry members/editors/posters and everyone else here, dont seem to want to address the big issue of hardware specs. CPU/GPU is a huge thing from gaming to multitasking. im aware the 4470 is powerful but its already going out of date with tegra 4 out (not in products yet, i get that), S4 pro 600 (or whatever its called) and samsung exynos octa-core coming too. a dual core, uni graphic is not going to be able to compete with the big boys. and to make matters worst from the start, blackberry is already behind the current cream of the crop phones (iPhone 5, and all the 5" FHD phones out/coming out soon etc) at least in terms of specs. in my opinion only apple seems to get that demanding apps/games need more GPU then CPU. look at the iphone 5 for example. it uses the SGX543MP3 (tri graphic cards). games need more GPU when will blackberry realize this? with that being said, people are going to point to the fact of efficiency of coding and the OS it self. apple is ALL NATIVE (hence why i use them in my example and not google)
    In reply, I would say the ability to run graphic intense games is not top priority for most BlackBerry users. A stable messaginging platform and good browser is my priority.
    QNX does not require the same high end specs as Android to run at the same performance level.
    As lord Byron said "never apologise.... Your argument would carry more weight if you did not start your post with an apology.
    01-16-13 11:48 AM
    OmG if you want a device to Play Games than buy a iPhone. Blackberry is for ppl who wants smooth OS, fast Browser with Flash, and of course a stable Messaging and Good call quality .
    01-16-13 01:16 PM
    I will be very interested to see how the game makers support BlackBerry 10. I imagine a lot of people don't think of "BlackBerry" as a a device that can play games other than Brickbreaker.

The PlayBook ultimately got games that were quite a step up from the BlackBerry OS smartphones once the NDK came out and the various game engines were supported, so that's encouraging. On the other hand, the BlackBerry 7 devices were capable of a lot better graphics than many of the games would suggest.
    Agreed, the gaming experience on a playbook is more than a step up from BBOS gaming capabilities. BB10 should provide an even better gaming experience, for anyone interested in that sort of thing.
    01-16-13 01:16 PM

BB10 is even easier to develop games on than PBOS was, there are more options than ever. Developers will support it, without a doubt.
    The experience will not be "as-good-as" some other top tier phones simply because the hardware horsepower isn't there, but developers will make graphical compromises, which will result in a decent experience.

For the people tossing out random app names that are available on multiple platforms, keep in mind that the quality of the same app may differ by platform.

Take a look at GoF2. On the Playbook it looks good, and performs great. On the iPad it looks amazing and performs great. The gameplay experience is exactly the same, but it looks much better on the device with the super-powered GPU.
    01-16-13 01:21 PM
    sadly crackberry members/editors/posters and everyone else here, dont seem to want to address the big issue of hardware specs.
    How should we address it? The specs are known; the performance of specific software isn't. There's not much more to say. If you're convinced that BB10 will fail to give you the gaming experience you want, don't buy it. In a few weeks, people here on CB will have these devices in their hands, and they'll be able to tell us whether the gaming experience is satisfactory or not. Others will post YouTube videos and you'll have all the information you need to make a choice.

As has already been pointed out, HD games run very well on the PlayBook, so there's reason for optimism, but nothing is certain until someone actually has them on a BB10 device and reports results.
    01-16-13 01:46 PM
    A lot of people don't seem to realize that QNX handles processes differently then Andriod and iOS. The rumored specs for BB10 devices are perfect for QNX, because it can run everything it needs to with them. RAM has always been a concern though, and if the current rumor of 2gb is true, then everything will be fine.

Look at the PB, it runs graphically intense games with ease, it's only draw back is the 1gb of RAM.
    01-16-13 01:56 PM
    Another "0h no - the specs" thread. :-(

I'm holding to my stance of playing with the final released product to see how well the hardware interacts with the software and if it strikes the right balance for smoothness. And giving little credence to the "Look at my 16 core, 960 DPI, 1080P Smartphone that goes for 35 minutes on a single charge and has no apps that make use of all this power" posturing.
    You do realize that battery life is one of the specs, right?
    01-16-13 07:40 PM
    A lot of people don't seem to realize that QNX handles processes differently then Andriod and iOS. The rumored specs for BB10 devices are perfect for QNX, because it can run everything it needs to with them. RAM has always been a concern though, and if the current rumor of 2gb is true, then everything will be fine.

Look at the PB, it runs graphically intense games with ease, it's only draw back is the 1gb of RAM.
    And PB sucks on javascripts
    01-16-13 07:41 PM
    what makes you say that? because i'm the only one pointing out the bad so they can fix it and improve? its no good to them if everyone tells them they're the greatest because thats when innovation stops. proof? look at rim from 2007 till now. they thought the iphone couldn't be a superior product and they stuck to their old ways and they sank like no other.
    01-17-13 07:47 AM
    You do realize that battery life is one of the specs, right?
    I disagree - Battery life is not a specification. It's more of a fluctuating variable, an amount of time, depending on the demand put on it. The size of the battery is a specification and like most specifications, not a variable.
    01-17-13 07:48 AM
    im sure you missed my point about the iphone. the iphone 5 was launched sept 21 with a tri graphics card. name me any phone that has launched or will launch when bb 10 devices launch that has a tri graphics processor? you cant, because apple makes sure that their hardware will be good enough for at least a year. im going to repeat this again BLACKBERRY IS BEHIND FROM THE GET GO. dual core? most phones have quad. for crying out loud the processor is 3 quarters behind when it launched and thats at the launch of bb10 not even when the phone comes out. im assuming the processor is going to be a year old when its in the phone. really innovative eh?
    01-17-13 07:54 AM
    finally someone that understands what im talking about. its not a number game but numbers do count too.
    01-17-13 07:55 AM
    the phone has a higher DPI then the playbook meaning more resources are required from the GPU. that point takes me to what i was talking about. the graphics core is going to be a 19 months old (the 544 was launched in june of 2010) when bb 10 is released and probably closer to 2 years by the time the phones actually start coming out.
    01-17-13 08:00 AM
    thats true about the bb 7 devices but developers develop for the majority of the phone users out there. considering that bb 6 and below devices couldnt support 3D graphics, developers coded for only 2D graphics to hit the majority of the phones not just bb 7 devices.
    01-17-13 08:02 AM
    you think blackberry is going to be optimized? i doubt it because they have adobe air. thats good and bad. adobe air makes it easier for developers to code quickly but it wont be native hence less optimized. i just hope blackberry apps wont be like the android apps which are HIGHLY unoptimized because a majority are coded through java.
    01-17-13 08:05 AM
28 12