Hi CB,

I've been having serious issues with my Z10 lately and I don't know what to do about them.

*I'm on Tmo running the official os*

The main issues I'm experiencing:

- When I'm texting A LOT, whoever I'm textings page will become stuck I won't be able to send any messages and I won't be able to go back and look at the conversation. I will be able to leave the page and use the phone, but if I try to text anybody, I'll be sent back to the same blank screen that it got stuck on. The only way to fix the issue is to restart the phone and continue to open and close the text message unti it works. This issue constantly ruins my conversations and I can't take it anymore. It's a pretty hard problem to explain, but this is a major deal to me. I own a BlackBerry because I value it's communication abilities but if this continues I won't be keeping this phone for much longer.

I'm also having a few major issues with my phones contacts app.

First off, whenever I restart my phone the contacts all become unlinked. I'll have doubles and triples from my sim, local device, and my computer. If I don't re link them I end up sending messages to the wrong people or not being able to find the contact to begin at all.

Another issue wit the contacts app I'm having is not being able to save my contacts from the device to the sim card. I know I'm supposed to go to settings and then click "copy contacts from device to sim card" but whenever I do this over half my contacts don't get transferred. I have all my contacts spread out between the device and the sim card which would prevent me from using this sim in any other phone.

There are many other issues I've been experiencing, but I've learned how to deal with most of thoses by now.

If I can't find a solution to the texting and contacts problem I can say this is probably going to be one of my last Blackberrys. I LOVE BlackBerry, but this is the last straw for me. NOTHING matters to me more then being able to communicate with my phone, which is why I've stuck with BB this long, but not being able to heavy text and manage my contacts kills this phone for me.

My Z10's fate literally rests in the balance.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 05:52 PM
    For texting :

Try to kill the app occasionally in the app manager, which u can find in the settings menu. Maybe that helps?

For contacts:

Are they really not linked? I had the same 'issue', until I found out that it just was because I turned on all contact locations, like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. U can choose which u want to have displayed.. however, the were already linked.

Furthermore, a sim card has limited memory capacity for contacts and cannot save e.g. Facebook contacts.

Hope it helps! If not, I don't have a proper answer, sorry

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-06-14 06:36 PM
    For texting :

Try to kill the app occasionally in the app manager, which u can find in the settings menu. Maybe that helps?

For contacts:

Are they really not linked? I had the same 'issue', until I found out that it just was because I turned on all contact locations, like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. U can choose which u want to have displayed.. however, the were already linked.

Furthermore, a sim card has limited memory capacity for contacts and cannot save e.g. Facebook contacts.

Hope it helps! If not, I don't have a proper answer, sorry

Posted via CB10
    I'm still on 10.1, I'm not sure if there is an app manager in this version, I could be wrong but I've never seen it before.

I don't have anything besides for phone #s and email accounts in my contacts, and even then most are only #s.

I have had WAY more contacts on my sim card before so I'm sure it can hold more than it currently does.

Thanks for the ideas though!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:08 PM
    For texting try deleting all conversation with each contacts start fresh usually it takes care of the pb. when the conversation gets to long it freezes for some reason

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-07-14 01:56 AM
    Put OS 10.2.0.1803 on your phone using an Autoloader from CrackBerry's Forums.

Don't wait for your painfully slow US carrier to improve things for you. It's the same build as the Official 10.2 released by carriers around the world months ago so is as stable as it would be if your carrier released it today.

Read about how to do a backup of your data (but not your settings) with Link and how to do a Restore before you start.

This will solve some if not all of the bugs you're experiencing with the old OS version you have.

(If you don't mind a few bugs appearing in other areas instead and are feeling brave go for a 10.2.1.x leak instead).

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-07-14 02:15 AM
    OK, do not save contacts to SIM. There are a few good contact backup programs on BBerry world. It's never a good idea.

Yes, sometimes clearing out your old texts can sort problems there.

Contacts? Are you using Gmail or another program to sync?

If you want to load 10.2 you will kill your wifi-calling FYI. (assume by T-Mo you mean USA).
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-07-14 10:08 AM
    Put OS 10.2.0.1803 on your phone using an Autoloader from CrackBerry's Forums.

Don't wait for your painfully slow US carrier to improve things for you. It's the same build as the Official 10.2 released by carriers around the world months ago so is as stable as it would be if your carrier released it today.

Read about how to do a backup of your data (but not your settings) with Link and how to do a Restore before you start.

This will solve some if not all of the bugs you're experiencing with the old OS version you have.

(If you don't mind a few bugs appearing in other areas instead and are feeling brave go for a 10.2.1.x leak instead).

Posted via CB10
    I've wanted to install 10.2 for a while but I need tmos wifi calling. I have absolutely no reception in my home and I need to be able to text while I'm there.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 03:58 PM
    For texting try deleting all conversation with each contacts start fresh usually it takes care of the pb. when the conversation gets to long it freezes for some reason

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    Wow I really didn't want to have to delete the conversations because I often go back to look at them, but I'll definitely try this thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 03:59 PM
    OK, do not save contacts to SIM. There are a few good contact backup programs on BBerry world. It's never a good idea.

Yes, sometimes clearing out your old texts can sort problems there.

Contacts? Are you using Gmail or another program to sync?

If you want to load 10.2 you will kill your wifi-calling FYI. (assume by T-Mo you mean USA).

I definitely need to keep my wifi calling thanks. Could you give me a few suggestions for the contact backup apps you mentioned? I put in all of my Gmail contacts by hand, I don't use any programs to sync.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:03 PM
    I haven't tried it but from what i read in the forum seems to work really well give it a try

INTOUCHAPP.( Built for BlackBerry )

Good luck

White Z30 ROCKS!!
    01-08-14 12:28 AM