Today i lost my z10 while out doing errands. The phone only had about 5% battery left so it probably died soon after i lost it. i tried calling it and it rang, but no answer. i used bb protect and the location says it was last seen at 1:19 EST (about the time i last had it) but doesnt show a location. I put a message on it so someone could contact me if they find it. It says that was executed at 4:36 but no one contacted me. The location also did not update and still says 1:19. meanwhile the phone is still ringing when i call it, which i find strange. Any advice?
    Also, if I activate a new phone on this line will bb protect no longer work? I need to get a replacement phone temporarily but i dont want to give up on finding my old phone.
    06-01-15 05:44 PM
    Today i lost my z10 while out doing errands. The phone only had about 5% battery left so it probably died soon after i lost it. i tried calling it and it rang, but no answer. i used bb protect and the location says it was last seen at 1:19 EST (about the time i last had it) but doesnt show a location. I put a message on it so someone could contact me if they find it. It says that was executed at 4:36 but no one contacted me. The location also did not update and still says 1:19. meanwhile the phone is still ringing when i call it, which i find strange. Any advice?
    Also, if I activate a new phone on this line will bb protect no longer work? I need to get a replacement phone temporarily but i dont want to give up on finding my old phone.
    Your phone have been setting simple pass words for "turn on" ?. If someone's pick up the phone is unable to turn on is due has no password. The phone will be wipe the docs and feature after someone's trying enter the password errors for ten times.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:38 PM
    If your phone is password (device) protected, it will wipe after ten failed tries with an incorrect password. Unless your SIM has a password to protect it, you need to cancel that SIM now. In order for the phone to be seen by protect it needs to be on and on a network.
    06-02-15 09:47 AM